Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    countries that have tested widely for the virus, isolated cases and quarantined suspected cases — in the way that South Korea and Singapore have done — have managed to suppress transmission of the virus.
    Hong Kong also reacted with incredible speed in the outbreak's early days. On Dec. 31, 2019, Hong Kong's Centre for Health Protection, the city's health department, sent out an alert to its doctors telling them to be on the lookout for patients presenting with fever, acute respiratory illness, pneumonia and/or shortness of breath — and particularly patients with these symptoms who'd recently traveled to the Chinese city of Wuhan, the initial epicenter of the pandemic. Prior to this crisis, a high-speed rail line went directly from downtown Hong Kong to Wuhan (it was shut down on Jan. 30 and hasn't run since).
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...verything-down

Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Wow US looks like in a worst shape of any countries.
    Not if you consider 1) The population here. 2)The percentage dying and or are in critical condition.

An easy to read live chart to follow

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You reached a lot in that post I quoted you on. Way to skip over it.

You have to earn respect and you never have. Stop making up things and presenting strawman arguments if you want to start. I’ve never read any of your posts (save for maybe a basketball take or two which I barely see you share) that I haven’t thought “Man, this guy’s takes suck”. If that puts your panties in a wad then take it as constructive criticism or take it as a hint. Or ignore it, I don’t care. But don’t complain that someone has a problem with your ****** posts when you make almost exclusively ****** posts.
    There were no strawman arguments. Even Indi understands now that I wasn't making the claims HE was the one saying the agencies were defunded. We are grown adults and figured the misunderstanding out, we don't need to agree in order to communicate.

I have no problem if you disagree with whatever takes I put out. I'm not the one that acts out emotionally. I just expect more from you because I KNOW you're not a complete idiot. If you have a problem with a take of mine, stop being so vague and general and explicitly point to it. You've done it a couple times without acting hormonal.

As for my basketball takes, I mostly come here for PSD games. I enjoy discussing/debating with those that play as well. Other than that, it is rare that I will post on here. As I said, if I talk about basketball, it's not very serious. I'd rather NOT ignore you and address anything you disagree with. I'm not afraid to disagree or to say maybe I'm wrong on something. Anyways, if whatever I've said about basketball in the past has offended you, I'll take this time to genuinely apologize as it was never my intention to make you angry or emotional over it.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I'm sensitive for repeating what most people believe to be true. His presidency has been like an episode of Jerry Springer but you hadn't noticed. Ok.

Your president has made an artform or alienating Americans and attempting to close borders both literally and metaphorically. ****, he's been preparing for pandemic for 4 years what a god damn genius.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    lol, I've noticed the whining, not buying the flawed rhetoric that's for sure. get a grip on reality man. there are no decent candidates under this system but the hes literally Hitler takes are ignorant on soo many levels

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    lol. literally showed that to my friends yesterday. why you posting it tho?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    We were supposed to and they refused but everyone I know who is still working, has them. Makes ya wonder what the full story is. I'll just keep my head down, be thankful for my job and health. Just hope I don't get pulled over, in a fender bender or sick.
    I wonder all the time, especially since I can't trust the mainstream sources. I have family in the medical field, some things being reported aren't adding up. there's this MD saying it's all scare tactics. I'm hoping to link up with some of my old truther cohorts but this might be one too scary for even them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I wonder all the time, especially since I can't trust the mainstream sources. I have family in the medical field, some things being reported aren't adding up. there's this MD saying it's all scare tactics. I'm hoping to link up with some of my old truther cohorts but this might be one too scary for even them.
    I don't think I wanna know the truth, tbh. Ignorance is bliss and the older I get, the more I believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.... everyone is so focused on the daily stats from this corona virus, and nobody is paying attention to freedom and all kinds of basic rights being taken from everybody. Passes to be out driving? Businesses getting citations for operating in a free market? Seriously- what country are we living in?? And they sort of bait and switched when they started this... 1st it was a 15 day quarantine.... and now for some reason the end date is unknown?

Its one thing to recommend people try to be careful, work from home when you can, only go out for essentials. But pulling people over for no reason other than to check where they are headed? The scary part is not that our rights are being taken because of some invisible threat that literally seemed to become a huge concern over night. ...... but that there seem to be so few people even worried about it.
    I dont know about ur family but I know a few of the elders in my tree wouldn't want this for their descendants.

I'm still gathering info and taking the wait and see approach but **** has to hit a breaking point eventually. how many lives will be destroyed by this experiment before we go back to living. I'm personally not effected but I've been a prepper for many years.

lol. literally showed that to my friends yesterday. why you posting it tho?
    Cause everyone needs to lighten up a notch or two lol. Cabin fever seems to have people at each other's throats even more than normal.

We were supposed to and they refused but everyone I know who is still working, has them. Makes ya wonder what the full story is. I'll just keep my head down, be thankful for my job and health. Just hope I don't get pulled over, in a fender bender or sick.
    Lol i swear everytime I say something. They sought further legal counsel and we were all given a letter before we left today.

I don't think I wanna know the truth, tbh. Ignorance is bliss and the older I get, the more I believe that.
    I'll prolly get there once I have a family but I have this burning desire to question preconceived notions after the misinformation I've experienced. wish I could divulge more but the data on this has come into question now, now we need to see the death rates on those dying from anything but an alleged Corona case. it could be nothing but I gotta know. too many people I trust are coming with some decent questions.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Cause everyone needs to lighten up a notch or two lol. Cabin fever seems to have people at each other's throats even more than normal.
    comedy was better then, wonder how many of us got that recommendation

I dont know about ur family but I know a few of the elders in my tree wouldn't want this for their descendants.

I'm still gathering info and taking the wait and see approach but **** has to hit a breaking point eventually. how many lives will be destroyed by this experiment before we go back to living. I'm personally not effected but I've been a prepper for many years.
    The problem is, that if you don't take these kind of measures, there's far too many people that take it lightly and continue to spread the infection. I don't know about you, but I see lots of people not doing their part.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The problem is, that if you don't take these kind of measures, there's far too many people that take it lightly and continue to spread the infection. I don't know about you, but I see lots of people not doing their part.
    And consider that in the US alone, the case count has topped 120K and the death toll is over 2,000 WITH these measures in place. And it's not done climbing. How many would have died without any regulations? 1 million? 2 million?

I feel for the millions of unemployed and furloughed workers and all the struggling small businesses. But the stimulus package will help, and most of those employees and employers will recover in a few months assuming this thing doesn't drag on through the summer.

In the meantime, a vaccine for this thing is an absolute must. Because if this thing comes back, society can't handle social distancing as the new standard.