Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Man, never related to a post more.

Only difference is our HR department said we can take off, just gotta use our vacation.
    Nvm I lied. They said be here, they won't shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I wasn't speaking about politicians, but specifically about Fox News and how they put Boomers in danger. But if you want to talk about politicians, then your argument is a false equivalency. Continuing to hold rallies early is not the same as committing insider trading, selling off stock when you know the market is going to crash while telling the public that it is liberal fearmongering. One was a mistake, the other was profiting millions off of people dying.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Democrats are also not to left out:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/richar...irus-briefing/
    CEOs had to have known too, little to no coincidences is my motto

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Nvm I lied. They said be here, they won't shut down.
    lol. well ****

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    lol. well ****
    Yeah... I called in and they got pretty upset

has anyone heard anything about a majority of the Italian victims suffering from other illnesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    has anyone heard anything about a majority of the Italian victims suffering from other illnesses?
    still older people... but the raw number of younger people is higher than other countries mainly because the level of overall penetration is not like any other country at the moment

also because of the number of cases... they arent able to treat people as quickly as theyd like and that could be causing cases to get severe and eventually lead to death faster

I think its cool Hanes is switching over to produce N-95 respirators & that some automakers are seeing if they can help produce ventilators or at least components for them.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Not in the district where the outbreak happened. 12 million people, there are over a billion in China. That's like quarantining all of New York City.
    it got all over the world, an the entire country should have been shut down.... not some half *** attempt. So no china did not do a sufficient job keeping other countries from dealing with it and preventing a world wide disaster in the market.

Looks like the government is starting to realize that the harm this is causing the 98-99% of people this wont kill his worse than the problem it self (which is very bad). This country will not survive if we shut everything down for 18 months..... it would not be worth saving the 1% of people.

Work on keeping your distances, shut down concerts, sporting events, bars or anything where keeping distance might be difficult. maybe limit people in gyms at any time?

there are things we could do without completely shutting down the entire workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That would be unreal man, but be cool if they could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Looks like the government is starting to realize that the harm this is causing the 98-99% of people this wont kill his worse than the problem it self (which is very bad). This country will not survive if we shut everything down for 18 months..... it would not be worth saving the 1% of people.

Work on keeping your distances, shut down concerts, sporting events, bars or anything where keeping distance might be difficult. maybe limit people in gyms at any time?

there are things we could do without completely shutting down the entire workforce.
    If you put even a fraction of those 1% into the US healthcare system at the same time everything will crash and people with heart conditions, staph infections, pneumonia, asthma, etc. will die too. There aren't enough beds, let alone medical staff or equipment to take care of them. Never mind how many medical workers will get sick and then can't take care of anyone.

My hospital is HUGE and has around 100 ICU beds and less than 700 total beds including emergency disaster facilities. A community hospital might have two dozen ICU beds and 300 total. If they just let things spread and you get in a car accident, they'll have nowhere to take you. The whole point of this is so that the spread is slow enough that the medical system can keep up.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 03-23-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Medically the sound thing to do is completely quarantine everyone in their home with scheduled times to pick up food. But practically that canít work. We have mentally unstable people who will kill themselves. We have people with anger management that will lead to domestic disputes. These are things that happen everyday in normal life and will only be amplified in a stay at home situation. Weíre fighting to save the lives of elderly people who once this is all over wonít be able to make ends meet because their 401Ks are ****. Small businesses without major cash flow behind them arenít going to be able to start back up.

Ultimately I donít know what the balancing act is but there is quite obviously a toll to flattening the curve. Not flattening the curve is going to be total devastation to the world but honestly Iím not sure flattening it is any less devastation. Itís just a different kind. Instead of mass death of elderly/suck people it will be a depression that ruins quality of life for the foreseeable future and still kills thousands through the side effects.

Long story short... the country is totally ****ed

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

If I was running things, and we had to stop people from being able to work, then I would stop bill collectors from being able to collect. Canít just stop one half of the earth from spinning. You gotta push the pause button on everything.