Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 2588
  1. #616
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,854
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/2019-s...le-a-pandemic/

    For all the bullshiz our orange president gets, can't we at least give the devil his due when he does something right?

    Someone asked what Trump has done to help this pandemic... how about when he issued a travel ban to China back in January? The "ultra woke" people called him a "racist" for it... How the hell do yall forget so easily?

    Anyways, read the article. The orange man has done as good a job as anyone else would have done against the coronavirus.

    The US was the best-prepared country in the world to respond to a pandemic, a report concluded in 2019, despite complaints from Democrats that President Trump gutted the government agencies that are on the front line of the nation’s coronavirus response.

    The assessment by the Nuclear Threat Initiative and the Johns Hopkins Center for Healthy Security was released last October.
    Here is the thing... if Trump DIDN'T issue a travel ban for non-US citizens to China, then "woke" people would be saying "HE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE DAMN BORDER! INSTEAD, HE WILLINGLY LET ALL THESE PEOPLE COME IN SO CORONAVIRUS COULD BE SPREAD!" Another argument that would be made is, "Now China will be less likely to report cases because we punished them with a travel ban once they eventually came clean about the coronavirus!"

    But because Trump did close the border to China, he was a racist... Don't you see, there isn't anything he could have done to come out on top. Trump's daughter could have found the cure for Coronavirus, but instead of actually giving her credit, they would just talk about how Donald called her "hot". lol

    If Trump builds a flux capacitor, travels back in time, quarantines patient zero, and effectively stopped the pandemic from happening in the first place, the "woke" people would criticize him for how long it took him to build a flux capacitor... Or they will accuse him of colluding with Russia to create the flux capacitor and that's the only reason they were able to build it.

    Anyways, the orange man has done alright with the pandemic.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/2019-s...le-a-pandemic/

    For all the bullshiz our orange president gets, can't we at least give the devil his due when he does something right?

    Someone asked what Trump has done to help this pandemic... how about when he issued a travel ban to China back in January? The "ultra woke" people called him a "racist" for it... How the hell do yall forget so easily?

    Anyways, read the article. The orange man has done as good a job as anyone else would have done against the coronavirus.



    Here is the thing... if Trump DIDN'T issue a travel ban for non-US citizens to China, then "woke" people would be saying "HE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE DAMN BORDER! INSTEAD, HE WILLINGLY LET ALL THESE PEOPLE COME IN SO CORONAVIRUS COULD BE SPREAD!" Another argument that would be made is, "Now China will be less likely to report cases because we punished them with a travel ban once they eventually came clean about the coronavirus!"

    But because Trump did close the border to China, he was a racist... Don't you see, there isn't anything he could have done to come out on top. Trump's daughter could have found the cure for Coronavirus, but instead of actually giving her credit, they would just talk about how Donald called her "hot". lol

    If Trump builds a flux capacitor, travels back in time, quarantines patient zero, and effectively stopped the pandemic from happening in the first place, the "woke" people would criticize him for how long it took him to build a flux capacitor... Or they will accuse him of colluding with Russia to create the flux capacitor and that's the only reason they were able to build it.

    Anyways, the orange man has done alright with the pandemic.
    Way to be off base again. Just because we were “best prepared” doesn’t mean we used that preparedness to the best of our ability. It seems to mean that we’re doing things wrong if other countries are handling the virus better.

    Once it got out of China, closing the border to China wasn’t the end all be all you’re making it out to be. And for him to continually go against the advice of the experts, he’s been doing “alright”? He cares more about his re-election bid then the safety of the American public.

    I want to give him the benefit of the doubt on a lot of this because it’s unprecendented and he didn’t lead us into this but a lot of the garbage he’s been spewing in his unneeded press conferences are just straight up ridiculous. And going after the media and taking no responsibility for anything? I wish he go golfing again just separate himself from the situation.


    I can’t hekp but think what the reaction would be if this happened under Hilary or Obama. I do know that they would handle things a lot better.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Way to be off base again. Just because we were “best prepared” doesn’t mean we used that preparedness to the best of our ability. It seems to mean that we’re doing things wrong if other countries are handling the virus better.

    Once it got out of China, closing the border to China wasn’t the end all be all you’re making it out to be. And for him to continually go against the advice of the experts, he’s been doing “alright”? He cares more about his re-election bid then the safety of the American public.

    I want to give him the benefit of the doubt on a lot of this because it’s unprecendented and he didn’t lead us into this but a lot of the garbage he’s been spewing in his unneeded press conferences are just straight up ridiculous. And going after the media and taking no responsibility for anything? I wish he go golfing again just separate himself from the situation.


    I can’t hekp but think what the reaction would be if this happened under Hilary or Obama. I do know that they would handle things a lot better.
    Hillary would probably just make sure everyone who had it got killed.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,199
    It's silly to speak about politics at a time like this, anywho wanna look at a country best prepared and handling the pandemic exceptionally? Go look at Taiwan, i know population size matters plus a different culture. But man, seeing some of the things they do was actually blowing my mind.

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's silly to speak about politics at a time like this, anywho wanna look at a country best prepared and handling the pandemic exceptionally? Go look at Taiwan, i know population size matters plus a different culture. But man, seeing some of the things they do was actually blowing my mind.
    Dealing with a country wide pandemic is absolutely tied to national politics. I really don’t think that I need to explain why and I’m kinda wondering why you don’t think that it matters (not that I’m asking for clarification).


    I’ll chrck out what Taiwan is doing, thanks for the heads up.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,536
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Hillary would probably just make sure everyone who had it got killed.
    At this point, that's what the GOP wants. They are willing to sacrifice all the old people.

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,536
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    would you be oppose to looking to see what it looked like in 16 days or whenever easter is? If everybody is doing what they should do and sheltering in place accross the country- then the spread should drastically slow down and those infected with mild or no symptoms should be recovered. (But thats if everyone is really staying sheltered in place)

    Does the thought of 17 million people starving to death in a depression cause you any concern? Are you willing to pick up the tab for everyone in the countries unemployment while we sit out of work? Even the democrarts have acknowledged that this is unsustainable. The country should be trying to work towards a middle ground.... and honestly, I think even past democratic presidents would be looking for ways to find a path to do both.

    People seem to think the only downside of a depression is rich peoples stock portfolio value going down..... or it hurting a republicans chance of reelection. If trump didnt care about the people ill from the virus he never would have shut down **** to start with. He wouldnt sign off on any stimulus package. (BTW thats something he is doing to help people during this time- and its supposedly the biggest package in the history of the country)
    I'd be okay if the experts (NOT TRUMP) say it's okay to start relaxing on the lockdown. Trump just picked easter out of his ***.

    Are you willing to have MORE people get ill and we would have to be in longer lockdown again? Unemployment sucks, but dying is worse. Plus really, we should be doing what the European countries are doing...Paying people to STAY HOME.

    The coronavirus is inflicting severe damage on global economies, and working-class citizens are among the most at risk from being laid off from shuttered businesses.
    In Europe, governments in Denmark, the Netherlands, and the UK moved to pay workers to stay at home and do nothing in an attempt to salvage their battered economies.
    In Denmark, the government is promising to pay up to 90% of a worker's salary to private businesses as long as the worker is not laid off.
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-3-1029031212

    But here we are bailing out greedy corps... AGAIN.

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,536
    New York looks like they are completely out of supplies. They are using trash bags as gowns.

    God, I hope all my fellow NYers (even though we give you guys so much ****) are doing well.

    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...gowns/2344899/


  9. #624
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/2019-s...le-a-pandemic/

    For all the bullshiz our orange president gets, can't we at least give the devil his due when he does something right?

    Someone asked what Trump has done to help this pandemic... how about when he issued a travel ban to China back in January? The "ultra woke" people called him a "racist" for it... How the hell do yall forget so easily?

    Anyways, read the article. The orange man has done as good a job as anyone else would have done against the coronavirus.



    Here is the thing... if Trump DIDN'T issue a travel ban for non-US citizens to China, then "woke" people would be saying "HE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THE DAMN BORDER! INSTEAD, HE WILLINGLY LET ALL THESE PEOPLE COME IN SO CORONAVIRUS COULD BE SPREAD!" Another argument that would be made is, "Now China will be less likely to report cases because we punished them with a travel ban once they eventually came clean about the coronavirus!"

    But because Trump did close the border to China, he was a racist... Don't you see, there isn't anything he could have done to come out on top. Trump's daughter could have found the cure for Coronavirus, but instead of actually giving her credit, they would just talk about how Donald called her "hot". lol

    If Trump builds a flux capacitor, travels back in time, quarantines patient zero, and effectively stopped the pandemic from happening in the first place, the "woke" people would criticize him for how long it took him to build a flux capacitor... Or they will accuse him of colluding with Russia to create the flux capacitor and that's the only reason they were able to build it.

    Anyways, the orange man has done alright with the pandemic.
    That ranking is the result of the office that Trump gutted.

    And the New York Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch, i.e. it's an extension of Fox News.

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,056
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    At this point, that's what the GOP wants. They are willing to sacrifice all the old people.
    an absolute garbage statement..... considering the entire government has made this their entire priority 24 hrs a day. willing to sacrafice.....??? he just signed a 2 trillion dollar deal so everyone could stay home up to 4 months

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,536
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    an absolute garbage statement..... considering the entire government has made this their entire priority 24 hrs a day. willing to sacrafice.....??? he just signed a 2 trillion dollar deal so everyone could stay home up to 4 months
    And you don't think the previous statement saying Hillary would want them all dead isn't a garbage statement?

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    32,723
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's silly to speak about politics at a time like this, anywho wanna look at a country best prepared and handling the pandemic exceptionally? Go look at Taiwan, i know population size matters plus a different culture. But man, seeing some of the things they do was actually blowing my mind.
    They also have a deep distrust of China and started responding to the threat well before China admitted it was an issue.

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They also have a deep distrust of China and started responding to the threat well before China admitted it was an issue.
    No doubt, plus they already delt with SARS so had precautions in place. I just thought what they were doing was super cool, I was like wow I wish the USA could've been this prepared.

  14. #629
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Way to be off base again. Just because we were “best prepared” doesn’t mean we used that preparedness to the best of our ability. It seems to mean that we’re doing things wrong if other countries are handling the virus better.

    Once it got out of China, closing the border to China wasn’t the end all be all you’re making it out to be. And for him to continually go against the advice of the experts, he’s been doing “alright”? He cares more about his re-election bid then the safety of the American public.

    I want to give him the benefit of the doubt on a lot of this because it’s unprecendented and he didn’t lead us into this but a lot of the garbage he’s been spewing in his unneeded press conferences are just straight up ridiculous. And going after the media and taking no responsibility for anything? I wish he go golfing again just separate himself from the situation.


    I can’t hekp but think what the reaction would be if this happened under Hilary or Obama. I do know that they would handle things a lot better.
    Nice, this may be the first time you responded substantively! Good job.

    I agree with your point that closing the border wasn't an astronomically effective action taken by Trump to reduce the spreading of the Coronavirus... nevertheless, he made the right call and no one can argue at this point that he did in fact make the right move. The virus was going to be spread regardless of the borders being closed or not because China withheld information as long as they did. At the moment, the main focus is to slow the transmission of the virus down, it's futile to actually STOP the virus altogether. Closing the border was a ballsy move that ended up being the right thing to do.

    I also agree that we could have done even better. But as you mentioned, this virus is unprecedented. Trump has always had diarrhea of the mouth, but I think what is more toxic is that the left and the media spread misinformation to tear him down. I remember watching the Democratic debates where Biden talked about how Trump defunded the CDC... when this was fact checked, Trump PROPOSED a decrease in funding (before the outbreak) but congress actually increased it from $7.2 billion to $7.7 billion. Trump doesn't get credit for the increased spending as he proposed a reduction, but that doesn't mean we can twist facts and say the reason why this is a pandemic in the US is because Trump defunded the CDC. I believed the lie until my colleague showed me the fact check. I should have known better than to take a candidate at their word, so that was on me.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Correct, I never said he made them... from what I understand manufactures made a call saying something along the lines saying hey I think we can help and he basically said go for it. I may have misspoke on ventilators, my apologies

    I think hes supporting a few pop up hospitals in NJ and I though he has something to do with turning a convention center in NY into a hospital as well... Now I don't know for sure if this is all states doing this or if they are working together to make this happen. I would assume the states would get some type of help from Fed to make it happen.
    Found an article stating Ford, 3M, GE, GM, Tesla, and now Dyson are making ventilators.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/...rus/index.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •