Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    the right price is what others have made in his limited NBA experience, can't look it up but there are others who made less than 10m. It's also supply and demand, and also who has cap to give him more than MLE.

It may be a bad time to bring up anything good about this virus, but it's still a business, and we are all dealing with it in multiple ways.

The NBA's cap will not being going up, revenue was down and now with all this I see the cap actually going down not up, may not be enough time to make up all the games........this will only help a couple teams who actually have cap so the MLE may be around 8M next year and if you list the teams that do have cap room there really won't be much interest for a PF with his experience.

So 10m may just about do it for 3 years based on the above.
    So you think a guy whoís supposedly a talented 6í10 two way stretch PF/C thatís only 24 is going to take a 3/30 deal? I donít remember any young player in demand taking a deal like that. I hope he does..

And isnít Detroit going to try and keep him? They are terrible, and have nothing, they are just going to let him walk without at least throwing a nice deal at him? If they let him walk for 3/30, that tells you what they think of him
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-12-2020 at 12:57 PM.

it absolutely is about Frank with you and why you said you don't want Wood.......you said he's doing it in Feb and march, come on Frank had one good game in March and you were like a proud father.........again pick your poison does it matter in March to have a good game or not? I don't care who the player is but the rules don't change.

My thoughts then all players should be putting up great numbers, but it seems the cream of the crop tend to rise, and Wood seems to be that guy. I see some rough spots, some room for advancement but the potential is more than there.

I'd give him 10m long before Randle at 20m or Portis at 15.75m that is for sure or even Taj at 10m. Not even a discussion.

And if the rumors are correct Knicks are going for PG first, SG next then getting a Wood in FA is a no brainer.

I am not a fan of Bertans, he is one dimensional you can get him anywhere for a lot less money. I want a PF that gets boards, boxes and resembles some kind defense.
    I've been on the Frank train long before the 20 & 10 game obviously, does that mean I shouldn't get excited at all about a great game he had? that makes no sense. I believe in Frank's skillset, I don't in Wood's, that's what it comes down to. I struggle to understand why someone believing in Frank bothers you so much, to the point where you are calling out Mike Breen who is one of the best analysts in the game, a HOF analyst actually.

But yes Wood has two straight years where he goes off late in the year, other then those two stretches he hasn't been good in his 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Well I mean this is still a sports forum so it does matter if this was the last game of the season.
    Trust me, I want to talk sports and take my mind off whatever it is that is going on -- maybe what I wanted to say is I feel tanking is unimportant. Perhaps if we are higher up the chain we might actually get the top pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Trust me, I want to talk sports and take my mind off whatever it is that is going on -- maybe what I wanted to say is I feel tanking is unimportant. Perhaps if we are higher up the chain we might actually get the top pick.
    Disagree, but at this point thereís nothing we can do about it.

Reports are that the season will be suspended 30 days minimum, which is basically already the end of the regular season. I think weíre firmly at 6 for the lottery standings. We just need some damn luck for once.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he really only put up big numbers in Feb and less then 2 weeks of March. He's not a particularly good FT shooter either, which is another reason i'm not sold on his 3pt shooting. He also doesnt have the quickest release out there, i dont see defenses really scared of him shooting 3's.

Not saying he's a bad player but he's had 2 late season runs and not much else in his career, so what is he really? I think he could be a 14ppg 6rpg guy and hit a few 3's at slightly above league average, but that's not really what we need IMO.

He's lower on my list that's all. I'd put Gallo & Bertans above him at PF for sure.
    Nah Wood has had an impact all season, just in less minutes because he had Drummond blocking him.

He is probably a true talent 35% 3PT guy on around 4 attempts a game which is fine for a big. As much as we love Mitch and RJ, they arenít exactly modern type of players because neither can shoot. Wood can do everything well, and that will help us immensely.

After getting Wood, we should focus on a 3&D SG/SF and draft our starting PG.

Mitch
    Wood
    Barrett
    Beasley?
    Cole

Bench: Randle, Harkless, Frank, Bullock, Knox, DSJ/Allen, Dotson

Randle would be our new Portis, but probably more effective off the bench. Harkless and Frank provide immense defensive versatility. Iíd bring back Dotson.

Nah Wood has had an impact all season, just in less minutes because he had Drummond blocking him.

He is probably a true talent 35% 3PT guy on around 4 attempts a game which is fine for a big. As much as we love Mitch and RJ, they arenít exactly modern type of players because neither can shoot. Wood can do everything well, and that will help us immensely.

After getting Wood, we should focus on a 3&D SG/SF and draft our starting PG.

Mitch
    Wood
    Barrett
    Beasley?
    Cole

Bench: Randle, Harkless, Frank, Bullock, Knox, DSJ/Allen, Dotson

Randle would be our new Portis, but probably more effective off the bench. Harkless and Frank provide immense defensive versatility. Iíd bring back Dotson.
    If Mitch & RJ are going to be core pieces, we need better then a league average 3pt shooter at PF. I dont think we need a big scorer at PF, we just need someone to space the floor and make things easier for Mitch & RJ. if someone is going to take the ball out of RJ's hands it should be a PG like Cole or Ball, not a PF.

Wood isn't going to get the free reign he's getting now in DET, Detroit's roster is worst in the league right now.

Gallo is probably the best PF we can get, but considering age i'd go for Bertans too.

Not sure Wood's skillset is something that we need. again if you're sold on his 3pt shot it's a different story, but if you're thinking he's 35% then it's a hard pass. lots of PF's can score the heck out of the ball, we have one in Randle, Jabari Parker, Michael beasely...etc... even Blake in DET before injury, but it's hard for a PF to really affect he game unless they are two way players or legit shooters.

Cole / Frank
    Beasley / SG with Clippers pick
    RJ / Iggy
    Randle / Knox
    Wood / Mitch

Fill out the bench with Peters, Wooten, Harkless, Taj

That's a modern NBA roster

Wood stretches the floor opening driving lanes for Cole, RJ and Randle. Beasley can not be left open. If Wood can also move to PF and get minutes next to Mitch.

That's a well rounded young roster

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So you think a guy whoís supposedly a talented 6í10 two way stretch PF/C thatís only 24 is going to take a 3/30 deal? I donít remember any young player in demand taking a deal like that. I hope he does..

And isnít Detroit going to try and keep him? They are terrible, and have nothing, they are just going to let him walk without at least throwing a nice deal at him? If they let him walk for 3/30, that tells you what they think of him
    As Rican stated earlier his resume is not extensive, and just last year guys that actually have a larger resume got the following, and this virus with no Basketball and revenues going down is going to hurt FA's and I think the Knicks can take advantage of it.

Kleber got 8.9m
    Looney got 4.8m
    trey Lyles got 5.5m
    Holmes got 4.9m
    Kaminsky got 4.7m

I think he gets 10m he'd be doing very well based on his experience, he has not proven he is a winner, or even a producer on a good team.

Wood is a gamble for most clubs you just don't throw 10m out there.

Well no BB, nothing to up his value and before you know it draft and FA.........I'd be shock he gets 10m, but this is the NBA so one never knows.......someone like the Knicks could entice him with a one year say 15m with team option for year two, just don't know.......we don't even know who the GM is so there is that factor as well.

If Mitch & RJ are going to be core pieces, we need better then a league average 3pt shooter at PF. I dont think we need a big scorer at PF, we just need someone to space the floor and make things easier for Mitch & RJ. if someone is going to take the ball out of RJ's hands it should be a PG like Cole or Ball, not a PF.

Wood isn't going to get the free reign he's getting now in DET, Detroit's roster is worst in the league right now.

Gallo is probably the best PF we can get, but considering age i'd go for Bertans too.

Not sure Wood's skillset is something that we need. again if you're sold on his 3pt shot it's a different story, but if you're thinking he's 35% then it's a hard pass. lots of PF's can score the heck out of the ball, we have one in Randle, Jabari Parker, Michael beasely...etc... even Blake in DET before injury, but it's hard for a PF to really affect he game unless they are two way players or legit shooters.
    No one is a core piece on this team, and honestly if I had to choose between Mitch and Wood, I would choose Wood easily and trade Mitch because heís a more versatile overall talent. But having them both would still be a great thing.

League average 3PT shooting is still pretty good (Wood is above that ó Since 2/3 heís shooting 41% on 4 3PT attempts a game). AD is a career 31.9% 3PT shooter and LeBron is shooting 34.9% this year from 3. They seem to be doing okay. Not saying Wood is AD, but thereís more to winning basketball games than having great 3PT shooters. Wood is undoubtedly better overall than Bertans and would help us win more basketball games for sure.

Randle, Parker, and Beasley arenít even remotely comparable to Wood. You seem to be ignoring his elite TS%. He looks like a dominant scorer and frequent visitor to the FT line. A Bertans kind of player at SG or SF would help us a lot more on top of a PG that can also shoot volume 3s. Thatís enough 3PT shooting. Either way, RJ needs to improve immensely to have value to this teamís success.

No one is a core piece on this team, and honestly if I had to choose between Mitch and Wood, I would choose Wood easily and trade Mitch because heís a more versatile overall talent. But having them both would still be a great thing.

League average 3PT shooting is still pretty good (Wood is above that ó Since 2/3 heís shooting 41% on 4 3PT attempts a game). AD is a career 31.9% 3PT shooter and LeBron is shooting 34.9% this year from 3. They seem to be doing okay. Not saying Wood is AD, but thereís more to winning basketball games than having great 3PT shooters. Wood is undoubtedly better overall than Bertans and would help us win more basketball games for sure.

Randle, Parker, and Beasley arenít even remotely comparable to Wood. You seem to be ignoring his elite TS%. He looks like a dominant scorer and frequent visitor to the FT line. A Bertans kind of player at SG or SF would help us a lot more on top of a PG that can also shoot volume 3s. Thatís enough 3PT shooting. Either way, RJ needs to improve immensely to have value to this teamís success.
    Well if you're that high on Wood then I get your point, but i'm definitely not that high on him, I really can't imagine any GM taking him over Mitch TBH

Mitch & RJ are core pieces for now in my book unless we get someone better, we gotta help those two develop.

As Rican stated earlier his resume is not extensive, and just last year guys that actually have a larger resume got the following, and this virus with no Basketball and revenues going down is going to hurt FA's and I think the Knicks can take advantage of it.

Kleber got 8.9m
    Looney got 4.8m
    trey Lyles got 5.5m
    Holmes got 4.9m
    Kaminsky got 4.7m

I think he gets 10m he'd be doing very well based on his experience, he has not proven he is a winner, or even a producer on a good team.

Wood is a gamble for most clubs you just don't throw 10m out there.

Well no BB, nothing to up his value and before you know it draft and FA.........I'd be shock he gets 10m, but this is the NBA so one never knows.......someone like the Knicks could entice him with a one year say 15m with team option for year two, just don't know.......we don't even know who the GM is so there is that factor as well.
    The way you have been talking him up, Iím surprised you put such a low price tag on him

And I donít see any of those as actual comps. None of those guys ever showed a glimpse they were more than decent role players. They all have a resume, that doesnít say they are worth more. Wood is a guy who accomplished nothing until now, but is now flashing way higher than any you mentioned. Iíd bet he will cost more than 10 per.

Decent bench players make 10. I wouldnít go higher than that personally

Well if you're that high on Wood then I get your point, but i'm definitely not that high on him, I really can't imagine any GM taking him over Mitch TBH

Mitch & RJ are core pieces for now in my book unless we get someone better, we gotta help those two develop.
    Yea, he's too high on him lol. Needs to be said

Suggesting that we should hold Wood in higher regard than Mitch or RJ is frankly ridiculous.

i'm going to say Wood averages 14 & 6 next year on 35% from 3 with mediocre defense and really isn't much better than Portis.

i'm going to say Wood averages 14 & 6 next year on 35% from 3 with mediocre defense and really isn't much better than Portis.
    I guess he don't need to play now, so it's written so it shall be lol.......I'm going to say it depends on many factors, which team, and how many minutes are two huge ones to start with.

But in his last 14 games he has over 8 boards in all over them and in double digits in 7 of them so to give him 6 is quite low, and he scored over 20 in 10 of the 14 games and the others are 19,18,17.

When you don't like someone wow lol

Post all star game, 24/10/2..........actually he is really impressive and it's not just a couple games. Very consistent to say the least/.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast