Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Yankees trade for a pitcher or stay internal?

The Yankees need a fifth starter. Publicly, they say they believe the right choice is already in camp. But they’re likely looking elsewhere, too, just in case. Yes, No? Ideas?

I read a rumor, (probably MLBTR) that suggested a deal with Cubs that involved Quintana and Schwarber for a package of Frazier, Cessa and prospect.

Can they afford to wait? The Yankees will get back Domingo German after 63 games. Paxton should be back by June.

MLB rumors: Should Yankees trade for a pitcher? Stay internal?
    Updated 7:45 AM; Today 7:30 AM

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/03/m...-internal.html
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Trade for a starter ,I predict they will need to by the deadline

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Internal

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

I vote internal. I also don't think a starter will be available that is better than any internal options.

^^This
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Definitely stay internal. We would get massively over charged and have to give up legit quality specs for a backend starter that were really not going to need past June. We have our 2 best starters from last yr coming back by June, if we can somehow hold it down till then we'll still have a very very good rotation this yr. Barring any more long term injuries

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I vote internal. I also don't think a starter will be available that is better than any internal options.
    Agreed.
    We have Paxton. and German returning by June, Worst case, if you need to trade for someone, wait till the deadline, someone will become available.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

I spoke to my buddy this morning and he told me the Yanks were discussing a trade for Jon Grey. Something alone the lines of Abreau, Florial and Duran or some other lottery ticket type spec.

He said nothing is close but they did get Greys medicals.

He did say that while they have been very impressed by Schmidt they don't want to rush his development and get him some more innings in the minor since he has less than 25 innings at AA. Very similar thing with Garcia as well. They haven't been really impressed by King considering the level of competition he's faced this spring. He said internally that Lasagna is the favorite internally but not as a typical starter. He said that they would likely uses him as a 3-4 innings opener.

This maybe already a dead issue since they have pushed back the start of the season now and it gives us some extra time time to get healthy. It shortens the window between the start of the season and when they expect Paxton back. The bad news though is it also pushes back when German will be ready. Take it for whatever its worth

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I spoke to my buddy this morning and he told me the Yanks were discussing a trade for Jon Grey. Something alone the lines of Abreau, Florial and Duran or some other lottery ticket type spec.

He did say that while they have been very impressed by Schmidt they don't want to rush his development and get him some more innings in the minor since he has less than 25 innings at AA. Very similar thing with Garcia as well. They haven't been really impressed by King considering the level of competition he's faced this spring. He said internally that Lasagna is the favorite internally but not as a typical starter. He said that they would likely uses him as a 3-4 innings opener.

This maybe already a dead issue since they have pushed back the start of the season now and it gives us some extra time time to get healthy. It shortens the window between the start of the season and when they expect Paxton back. The bad news though is it also pushes back when German will be ready. Take it for whatever its worth
    He's been on their radar for some time. I could see it happening. I wonder though, if time lost makes it more likely that they take on salary , since it won't be paid during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

I’d like that move a lot. Remember, Paxton and Tanaka are FAs after the year. Severino is sure to be a wildcard. Gray is signed for this year and next. He addresses a need in the short term and then also for future rotation depth. That cost seems reasonable to me.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

The answer, as always, is that it depends. It depends who they trade and what they get in return. The above trade you mentioned is a no brainer in my eyes. I say you do it. I'm not sure I believe that trade is on the table though.

I would not make any moves, however, until it is announced that the season will resume. Giving up prospects for a player who is not going to play this season would be a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    The answer, as always, is that it depends. It depends who they trade and what they get in return. The above trade you mentioned is a no brainer in my eyes. I say you do it. I'm not sure I believe that trade is on the table though.

I would not make any moves, however, until it is announced that the season will resume. Giving up prospects for a player who is not going to play this season would be a bad deal.
    I would trade Gary Sanchez today for any pitcher in the country. Even a local Little League pitcher who can't throw. Getting rid of Gary for anyone or no one would be a big plus for the team. He is a clinical moron who stinks.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    I would trade Gary Sanchez today for any pitcher in the country. Even a local Little League pitcher who can't throw. Getting rid of Gary for anyone or no one would be a big plus for the team. He is a clinical moron who stinks.
    If they do, I hope they can package you with him. I'm sure the new teams fan base will love you. :eyeroll:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsownsu View Post
    if they do, i hope they can package you with him. I'm sure the new teams fan base will love you. :eyeroll:

Sent from my sm-g973u using tapatalk
    x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    x 20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast