Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DeMar DeRozan hitting market

Apparently DeRozan from what I have read could be hitting the market soon especially if he declines his option to stay in San Antonio and honestly if I am DeMar DeRozan, I want out of San Antonio if I'm him quite honestly. I mean in Toronto he was a multiple time All Star in the East but ever since he got to the Spurs it has been like he has become a different player in Pop's system. Put him anywhere else, he would probably look like the DeMar of old.

The article I read said the Knicks would be interested, which sounds like business as usual in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The article I read said the Knicks would be interested, which sounds like business as usual in NY.
    DeRozan in New York City I can definitely see it...DeRozan playing in a Knicks uniform actually wouldn't be that bad thinking about it. At least in Knickerbocker land, they would have themselves a star. DeRozan isn't no scrub. The man is a former NBA All Star like how many times when he was with the Raptors? DeRozan was never a good fit in Pop's system with the Spurs.

Orlando wanted DD. Maybe Spurs work out a sign and trade?

DeRozan in Orlando...is another good fit for him. At least in Orlando he can be the #1 option again and he would be reunited with his former teammate Terrence Ross in Orlando if he were to go there. Plus he would be able to play with a young team, a perfect blend of youth and vets. Orlando also gives him nice weather and he's back in the Eastern Conference. Plus he instantly makes Orlando somewhat better than what they are by him going there.

DD was only an All Star cause he was in the weak East. He isnít that good. And is best served as a 3rd option on a championship team. Only the Knicks would be stupid enough to pay that man.

He would be a good fit on the Warriors. Two snipers around him in Curry and Klay, while he works the mid range game. Klay + Green can hide him on the defensive end.

The Warriors could sign Demar and Trade Wiggins + the Pick for another star.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He would be a good fit on the Warriors. Two snipers around him in Curry and Klay, while he works the mid range game. Klay + Green can hide him on the defensive end.

The Warriors could sign Demar and Trade Wiggins + the Pick for another star.
    We donít have cap space for him. Heíd have to be willing to take a massive pay cut. Thatís not happening.

DeMar will be in for a rude awakening when he opts out of his deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    We donít have cap space for him. Heíd have to be willing to take a massive pay cut. Thatís not happening.
    Maybe a s&t for Wiggins

Warriors keep their pick and get a good young player on a rookie contract from the draft + replace Wiggins with DeRozan.

Curry/Klay/Green/ DeRozan + a lottery pick, Paschal, Poole, Lee etc

The spurs don't lose DeRozan for nothing and get a young player in return to go with Murray, Walker, White, Forbes, Lyle's etc. They can then flip L.A and Gay for more assets to help their rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Considering the free agent class I think he'll have alot of suitors

Another team DeRozan would be a good fit on would be believe it or not the OKC Thunder. Playing in Oklahoma alongside Chris Paul, SGA, Adams and the crew he would actually be on a great team and he would be surrounded by great shooters.

Or there is always sending DeRozan out East but to a team like the Chicago Bulls and pair him up with Zack Lavine

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Knicksiest thing ever but I do wonder how DeRozan would hold up in NY

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I believe you are correct. I dont see him getting a sniff from any of the analytically savvy teams, and what teams dont invest heavily in analytics?

Based on rumours it sounds like Knicks & Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Knicksiest thing ever but I do wonder how DeRozan would hold up in NY

He would obviously hold up very well because he would be the #1 scoring option for their team...their go to guy in New York and he would be around young guys as well as vets too but mostly young guys. DeMar would at least get New Yorkers somewhat interested in the Knicks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast