Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If the Raiders defense was 10th in the league instead of 30th... We would not have a thread called "Its time to move on from Carr"....

Let that sink in...
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    If the Raiders defense was 10th in the league instead of 30th... We would not have a thread called "Its time to move on from Carr"....

Let that sink in...
    as evidenced by the Bears forum....you are welcome guys

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...-lack-thereof)

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post

Let that sink in...
    **** Detriots D ranked 26th and this is their forum hot list they appear to be worried about his back up Driskell

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/fo...-Detroit-Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We need three lbs that can do that thing called tackle. I saw a report that our lbs were victims of the most broken tackles in the nfl.

We need more than one decent corner. We at least need two more.

And a safety that can cover and get some picks.
    I'll settle for 2 of those needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    And another DT who can hold double teams at point of attack plus another DE to spell Ferrell or Max
    From what I have read. It looks like they think Key is going to be that guy.

I would like to see them get this kid later from Charlotte. Highsmith. Talented. Not very polished

teams that add this many players in one off season don't usually jump to super bowl contenders. look at Browns hype with all those signings last off season. I hope you are right but the D is so bad its going to take multiple seasons and the O suffers as we have to gameplay to keep other teams O off field as a sole focus.
    Are you sure about that? Obviously, it stands to reason that teams that make a lot of changes are usually not happy with their players, so they replace more players...

But, look at SF last offseason. They made quite a few changes. Some were key players/positions. And they were contenders.

I donít think our defense was that bad... our LB situation was. And losing burfict and abrams hurt a lot.

I think we definitely need better depth at positions to handle losses better. But a few more drafts and late picks like mad max will be our depth, so as long as mayock can keep it up, weíll be ok. Like I said above, SF added 4 or 5 key players on defense, and made a huge jump. Our roster looks similar to how their was pre-additions.

Two good draft picks and two solid FAs could made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Are you sure about that? Obviously, it stands to reason that teams that make a lot of changes are usually not happy with their players, so they replace more players...

But, look at SF last offseason. They made quite a few changes. Some were key players/positions. And they were contenders.
    49ers roster has been building for a few years a few key pieces were added last season Bosa was the key that unlocked a lot of things. Remember they had injuries season previously that really hurts them.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I donít think our defense was that bad... our LB situation was. And losing burfict and abrams hurt a lot.

I think we definitely need better depth at positions to handle losses better. But a few more drafts and late picks like mad max will be our depth, so as long as mayock can keep it up, weíll be ok. Like I said above, SF added 4 or 5 key players on defense, and made a huge jump. Our roster looks similar to how their was pre-additions.

Two good draft picks and two solid FAs could made a huge difference.
    They added a pro bowl Pass rusher Dee Ford Nick Bosa and Kwon Alexander they already had best D interior and depth rotation in league. Secondary was settled and deep LB core deep. In what universe does that sound like us right now? They were drafting D studs year after year just imagine if that crazy gun touting MLB first pick had panned out as well.

Do you remember what they did to us in 2018 when we played them horrific beat down.

No 49ers were very good for a few years sometimes injuries etc disrupt a teams trajectory. They are back on course now.

so we have the following returning to start for us....

DE - Clellan Ferrell
    DE - Max Crosby
    DE - John Hankins
    DE - Mo Hurst
    LB -
    LB -
    LB -
    CB1 - Mullen
    CB2 - Lawson/Johnson
    S - Abram
    S- Joyner

so pretty much linebackers and a corner and we are good. i do not see us as any worse

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    so we have the following returning to start for us....

DE - Clellan Ferrell
    DE - Max Crosby
    DE - John Hankins
    DE - Mo Hurst
    LB -
    LB -
    LB -
    CB1 - Mullen
    CB2 - Lawson/Johnson
    S - Abram
    S- Joyner

so pretty much linebackers and a corner and we are good. i do not see us as any worse
    Man you are funny. 4 DE's what system you playing?

No LB's at all and only 1 DB has any real playing experience. But we are the same as 49ers last off season?

do the game day depth chart for us go on.

Man your hate of Carr is so bad you literally can't/won't see that we have the worst D heading into season we have ever had. You'd trade all our early picks for Burrows or Tua probably and next years 1 and 2. Thank goodness we have level headed Mayock in charge not our butthurt fanbase...

I found a 2018 off season depth
    49ers defensive depth chart
    Position First Second Third
    LDE Solomon Thomas Cassius Marsh Dekoda Watson
    LDT Earl Mitchell D.J. Jones
    RDT DeForest Buckner Sheldon Day
    RDE Arik Armstead Ronald Blair III Jullian Taylor
    SAM Mark Nzeocha
    MIKE Fred Warner Brock Coyle
    WILL Malcolm Smith Elijah Lee
    LCB Richard Sherman Jimmie Ward
    RCB Ahkello Witherspoon Greg Mabin Tarvarius Moore
    NB K'Waun Williams
    FS Adrian Colbert D.J. Reed
    SS Jaquiski Tartt Antone Exum, Jr.

The secondary is the same
    LB Fred Warner stud and the starter at SAM became the backup
    How you think this is the same as us right now is pathetic effort to hate on Carr and it is a perfect illustration of what the teams smart fans can see.

Every team in the NFL has changes but the best teams remain with a slow changing core of players.

we have been throwing out our entire D year on year as its so bad

Man you are funny. 4 DE's what system you playing?

No LB's at all and only 1 DB has any real playing experience. But we are the same as 49ers last off season?

do the game day depth chart for us go on.

Man your hate of Carr is so bad you literally can't/won't see that we have the worst D heading into season we have ever had. You'd trade all our early picks for Burrows or Tua probably and next years 1 and 2. Thank goodness we have level headed Mayock in charge not our butthurt fanbase...
    Mispelled the two DEs as DTs. Thought that was obvious. What did i say about the 49ers? Again learn 2 read.
    The original question is our defense worse than last year and my answer was no. We have the same starters since compton and butfict can be picked up for nothing. Same Dline and same secondary minus worley. We have abrams back which helps.
    What did my post have to do with Carr again? Man crush much?

I found a 2018 off season depth
    49ers defensive depth chart
    Position First Second Third
    LDE Solomon Thomas Cassius Marsh Dekoda Watson
    LDT Earl Mitchell D.J. Jones
    RDT DeForest Buckner Sheldon Day
    RDE Arik Armstead Ronald Blair III Jullian Taylor
    SAM Mark Nzeocha
    MIKE Fred Warner Brock Coyle
    WILL Malcolm Smith Elijah Lee
    LCB Richard Sherman Jimmie Ward
    RCB Ahkello Witherspoon Greg Mabin Tarvarius Moore
    NB K'Waun Williams
    FS Adrian Colbert D.J. Reed
    SS Jaquiski Tartt Antone Exum, Jr.

The secondary is the same
    LB Fred Warner stud and the starter at SAM became the backup
    How you think this is the same as us right now is pathetic effort to hate on Carr and it is a perfect illustration of what the teams smart fans can see.

Who said anything about the 49ers? Lol you make no sense at all yet cite "smart fans" yet fall far short of the curb
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 03-13-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast