Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do the Vegas Raiders have the worst Defence in the NFL heading into 2020 season?

Looking at our depth chart right now we are in serious trouble

No LB core
    2 secondary of any talent and 1 of those was injured all last rookie season
    no depth on DL and a first round pick who didn't live up to his high draft position so far

Our ranking on D last season was masked by the O controlling time of possession especially against better teams who could have easily ran up higher scores on us given equal possession

this is really serious

Know what would be even more serious? Is if we kept all the ****** players from last season and didnít improve the defense at all...Them getting rid of a bunch of guys from the defense and then replacing them is a clue that maybe they are trying to get better on defense? I donít know, maybe we will just start next season with half a depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Know what would be even more serious? Is if we kept all the ****** players from last season and didnít improve the defense at all...Them getting rid of a bunch of guys from the defense and then replacing them is a clue that maybe they are trying to get better on defense? I donít know, maybe we will just start next season with half a depth chart.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sounds like you accept premise of worst D in NFL then. Hard to find a team with a worse one.

I'm not sure if we are the worst, But close to it... I will say we have depth pieces, Mostly on the D-line.. I think we will address the LB corps with 2 FA's... If we got Shobert, And Littleton.. How would you feel now.. Even Shobert and a mid tier guy... Either way.. Their are a few LBs available this year that can turn that group around.. Worely just didn't have the speed, They wanted to move him to safety in the worst way last season but with no one really to step in at corner they continued to use him. I think they make a strong push for a corner.

I believe we will pay heavily for Shobert and Harris.. They will be the key players signed.

This will get us into the top 15 in defense. A DT that can control the line will make it top 10. Does Hurst develop into that this year... We will see.

We have high potential in a handful of players

Really what to see Abram
    Hope Maxx and Ferrell take off

Hope Mullens picks it up

We have the softest linebackers and some weak *** corners though.

I thought Karl was looking good too.

We are weak though

25-32

If we don't get at least 2 LB's that can cover, we'll be in trouble....again. Teams destroyed us with their RB out on passes.

I was flicking through nfl depth charts on D . right now ours is by far the worst itís bereft of any players who have done anything for more than half a season. Seriously we are being delusional if we think we are anything but the worst.

According to THIS, the Raider defense was ranked #19 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    According to THIS, the Raider defense was ranked #19 last year.
    Last season and I refer to my point earlier about O focus was to keep D off field not score points.

We are discussing coming season and this roster

Before the draft and fa?

Yeah, probably.

What is going to be different this year? Emphasis on the lbs would be a good start....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If we don't get at least 2 LB's that can cover, we'll be in trouble....again. Teams destroyed us with their RB out on passes.
    We need three lbs that can do that thing called tackle. I saw a report that our lbs were victims of the most broken tackles in the nfl.

We need more than one decent corner. We at least need two more.

And a safety that can cover and get some picks.
    Last edited by Megatron; 03-10-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We need three lbs that can do that thing called tackle. I saw a report that our lbs were victims of the most broken tackles in the nfl.

I'll settle for 2 of those needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Before the draft and fa?

Yeah, probably.

What is going to be different this year? Emphasis on the lbs would be a good start....
    Even looking at best case scenarios with recruitment we are talking about a D with 6 new starters to bring us anywhere close to be good. Tall ask. This new staff was supposed to be about continuity and 3 years in we are churning half our D starters for the 3rd time

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    We need three lbs that can do that thing called tackle. I saw a report that out lbs were victims of the most broken tackles in the nfl.

And another DT who can hold double teams at point of attack plus another DE to spell Ferrell or Max

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    And another DT who can hold double teams at point of attack plus another DE to spell Ferrell or Max
    And a number one wr. Itís all possible through fa and draft.

Thinking we will get schobert and Byron jones through fa. Deal Gabe to clear 9 mil more in cap room. Which means we will be either adding another cb or lb through fa. Exciting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast