Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How are you getting by with your diet under quarantine? I am eating like ****. I also take distancing to a far and have groceries delivered. Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doing fine so far but definitely breaking into some of the frozen garbage food a little too often. Generally my base foods are rice, pasta and canned beans so weee always stocked.

Keeping up the fresh veggies is a pain so we froze a lot and still make very careful grocery runs.

The hard part is Iím usually at work and eating only at meal time. Now Iím around the house and snacks are just too accessible. I generally eat healthy snacks but the volume of calories goes up while my activity is down.

Soooo, Iím trying to do some extended fasting in the AM (which sucks because itís better to fast the end of the day but thatís when my wife and I have a meal alone) and running at night to offset the calories and sedentary day.

I think I have to chalk a lot of this up to an off time and just rebound later. My WFH status is set to end 4/8. I assume it gets extended so if they start talking about may or June Iím going to have to make some drastic exercise changes.

I fell of the rails for a bit but Iím back the last 4 days. Overnight oats w/ berries, peanut butter, chia/flax in the morning. Lunch has been a failure of grabbing some frozen quick meal in between work calls (my company has an awesome cafe with lots of healthy options so thatís a loss), but sometimes my wife will get me whatever sheís making the kids...usually some naan or pita with hummus and some fruits and veggies.

Dinner is a crapshoot, but usually black bean tacos or stir fry or whole wheat pasta and veggies. But lately Iíve been scarring down a second meal/snack in front of the tv at night. Big time fail there. Worst time of day to eat at a time Iím not moving enough.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Speaking of....a 62 oz. jug of Peanut M&M'S is the ultimate threat for a self quarantining stoner catching up on movies late at night.
    Weíre in Seattle area. Work from home started over three weeks ago. My wife bought a Costco box of Oreos the first day ďJust in caseĒ we want to indulge. **** was gone in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

I fell of the rails for a bit but Iím back the last 4 days. Overnight oats w/ berries, peanut butter, chia/flax in the morning. Lunch has been a failure of grabbing some frozen quick meal in between work calls (my company has an awesome cafe with lots of healthy options so thatís a loss), but sometimes my wife will get me whatever sheís making the kids...usually some naan or pita with hummus and some fruits and veggies.

Dinner is a crapshoot, but usually black bean tacos or stir fry or whole wheat pasta and veggies. But lately Iíve been scarring down a second meal/snack in front of the tv at night. Big time fail there. Worst time of day to eat at a time Iím not moving enough.
    Man, ur a beast

Lemme ask you something, so is all veg protein just the same? Even forget complete vs incomplete, but let's say I am getting ALL my protein from black beans, am I going to want to supplement other types of protein too? Or is protein just protein and it's all the same no matter which veg source?

*you should start posting in the what's for lunch thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 03-29-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Weíre in Seattle area. Work from home started over three weeks ago. My wife bought a Costco box of Oreos the first day ďJust in caseĒ we want to indulge. **** was gone in 2 days.

lol, I smacked out a couple cheesecake and chocolate cake when this first started and the gym closed down.

It was very out of the norm for me

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Doing fine so far but definitely breaking into some of the frozen garbage food a little too often. Generally my base foods are rice, pasta and canned beans so weee always stocked.

Keeping up the fresh veggies is a pain so we froze a lot and still make very careful grocery runs.

The hard part is Iím usually at work and eating only at meal time. Now Iím around the house and snacks are just too accessible. I generally eat healthy snacks but the volume of calories goes up while my activity is down.

Soooo, Iím trying to do some extended fasting in the AM (which sucks because itís better to fast the end of the day but thatís when my wife and I have a meal alone) and running at night to offset the calories and sedentary day.

I think I have to chalk a lot of this up to an off time and just rebound later. My WFH status is set to end 4/8. I assume it gets extended so if they start talking about may or June Iím going to have to make some drastic exercise changes.

I think you can be forgiven for deviating from your diet in a time like this. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Sure, be conscious about what you consume but don't beat yourself up for giving in to a craving here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Man, ur a beast

Lemme ask you something, so is all veg protein just the same? Even forget complete vs incomplete, but let's say I am getting ALL my protein from black beans, am I going to want to supplement other types of protein too? Or is protein just protein and it's all the same no matter which veg source?

*you should start posting in the what's for lunch thread

Haha Iíll stay out of the lunch thread. most people are annoyed by plant based or vegans sharing food. I know because I remember mocking them myself...so weird to be here now.

So hereís whatís first. The only truly incomplete protein is gelatin. ďCompleteĒ is just a matter of which amino acids are present. And given the health deficiencies weíre now aware of, keep in mind that eating animals for protein is like drinking vodka to stay hydrated. Itís just not worth the side effects.

Another note, thereís a study on pubmed.gov that showed vegans tend to have higher blood protein levels than omnivores. Overall, vegans get 2ó3 times the daily required protein. Because itís in everything and unless you starve yourself itís hard to be deficient in it.

People get way too hung up on macro nutrients like protein and carbs and fat. The sources matter more. And meeting fiber requirements is where everyone falls short and as more is now being researched about the gut microbiome, itís becoming a critical shortfall and attributes to a lot of the health epidemics were seeing.

Anyhoo, no you donít have to get hung up on mixing sources. Just eat all the things you really need everyday; whole grains, fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds and beans (black, tofu, tempeh, garbanzo whatever). At my last bloodwork my dietician said I had higher protein and amino hits than her omnivore clients and I pay no attention to balancing anything.

If youíre considering trying it or interested Iíll yap all day about this stuff. Donít want to come off as preachy, again I donít care what others do.

I had a substantial transition period of eating some vegan junk food just to get my old habits out of the way. Once you end the habitual piece (and the chemical casomorphins piece as far as cheese) itís pretty easy and crazy how expanded my cooking has become. Thought Iíd feel limited but itís actually been more inventive.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think you can be forgiven for deviating from your diet in a time like this. I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Sure, be conscious about what you consume but don't beat yourself up for giving in to a craving here and there.
    Yeah thatís what my wife keeps saying. Everything is gotta be more lenient now. Kids getting more screen time, etc. Just keeping peace of mind.

Yeah thatís what my wife keeps saying. Everything is gotta be more lenient now. Kids getting more screen time, etc. Just keeping peace of mind.
    Haha. My friend Jim has twins. Goofy stoner guy who somehow has incredible well behaved kids. He said the kids are loving it bc without all their activities he is letting them play a lot more video games

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Haha. My friend Jim has twins. Goofy stoner guy who somehow has incredible well behaved kids. He said the kids are loving it bc without all their activities he is letting them play a lot more video games

Ha. Yeah mine are 2 and 3 1/2 so theyíre not gaming yet. But weíve given them basically no regular screen time. Itís only a ďbreak glass in case of emergencyĒ thing and itís been great for that. They have no expectations of getting it so when they do they zone out for a bit so my wife can get some stuff done.

In this times when the parks and museums are closed and even a Costco escape is rare though, they get it a couple days a week now. My wife had a dr Appt that ran wayyy long and I was up for a presentation at work so I basically plopped them in front of the first thing I could find for an hour. Nothing like a ďcan I have more raisins....I love you daddyĒ in the middle of reviewing a growth plan with senior execs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    in all honesty terrorism shouldnt even be on the list... heart disease/cancer/starving kill so many more each year.
    Depends on how you define the topic (dangerous threat). Heart disease, cancer, etc are not dangerous threats in that we know within 5% each year on how many people and what societal costs will be. Though terrible if it effects you personally it is very predictable. The most dangerous existential threats to humans whether in terms of total deaths or total decimation of the economy is the fat tailed events from a probability perspective. So called black swan events that have multiplicative destructive and cascading effects. Terrorism is one such event (think brief case nuclear bomb) and viral pandemics is such an event. These low probability highly unpredictable events are the most destructive.

Haha Iíll stay out of the lunch thread. most people are annoyed by plant based or vegans sharing food. I know because I remember mocking them myself...so weird to be here now.

So hereís whatís first. The only truly incomplete protein is gelatin. ďCompleteĒ is just a matter of which amino acids are present. And given the health deficiencies weíre now aware of, keep in mind that eating animals for protein is like drinking vodka to stay hydrated. Itís just not worth the side effects.

Another note, thereís a study on pubmed.gov that showed vegans tend to have higher blood protein levels than omnivores. Overall, vegans get 2ó3 times the daily required protein. Because itís in everything and unless you starve yourself itís hard to be deficient in it.

People get way too hung up on macro nutrients like protein and carbs and fat. The sources matter more. And meeting fiber requirements is where everyone falls short and as more is now being researched about the gut microbiome, itís becoming a critical shortfall and attributes to a lot of the health epidemics were seeing.

Anyhoo, no you donít have to get hung up on mixing sources. Just eat all the things you really need everyday; whole grains, fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds and beans (black, tofu, tempeh, garbanzo whatever). At my last bloodwork my dietician said I had higher protein and amino hits than her omnivore clients and I pay no attention to balancing anything.

If youíre considering trying it or interested Iíll yap all day about this stuff. Donít want to come off as preachy, again I donít care what others do.

I had a substantial transition period of eating some vegan junk food just to get my old habits out of the way. Once you end the habitual piece (and the chemical casomorphins piece as far as cheese) itís pretty easy and crazy how expanded my cooking has become. Thought Iíd feel limited but itís actually been more inventive.
    Preach my friend.. I agree with everything you have said. I chuckle every time somebody asks where do you get your protein. How about when you go to Chipolte and they start you out with rice and black beans then ask you what protein do you want. I tell them I will stick with the black beans.

These innovations have improved our lives in many ways subway survey. Indeed, by many indices, humanity is experiencing historically unprecedented success.
    Last edited by Florences; 04-05-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Preach my friend.. I agree with everything you have said. I chuckle every time somebody asks where do you get your protein. How about when you go to Chipolte and they start you out with rice and black beans then ask you what protein do you want. I tell them I will stick with the black beans.
    Yup. Thereís protein in literally every food. Just hit your calories and you get enough protein. You could eat 2,000 calories of broccoli and get your protein for the day.

The macronutrient obsession is just fodder for diet crazes. High protein! Low fat! No carbs! Cute for marketing, dangerous for health.

Yup. Thereís protein in literally every food. Just hit your calories and you get enough protein. You could eat 2,000 calories of broccoli and get your protein for the day.

The macronutrient obsession is just fodder for diet crazes. High protein! Low fat! No carbs! Cute for marketing, dangerous for health.

depends on how important your bench is

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

depends on how important your bench is

Ha ha. In all honesty the biggest waste of time in any workout routine. Do bodyweight controlled push ups to failure coupled with kettle bell hip thrusts and other kettle bell work will make you in far better shape than getting fat and benching 500 lbs. Those f'n overly thick chested shoulders rolled in guys look and are so nonathletic. Kind of funny that Strongman contestants and cross fit high level competitors rarely do bench press.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast