Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah he can do all that sure but even so teams are still going to want to make him an offer
    Pelicans will gladly match. This free agent class is horrible just like the weak draft. Also why would Ingram ditch Zion? Also doubt Pelicans are scared of blood clots. If they were, they wouldn't of traded AD for the Lakers package.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Pelicans will gladly match. This free agent class is horrible just like the weak draft. Also why would Ingram ditch Zion? Also doubt Pelicans are scared of blood clots. If they were, they wouldn't of traded AD for the Lakers package.
    You do bring up interesting points but at the same time tho Ingram why would he ditch Zion? Lemme think...money talks of course but also because if he ends up playing on a contender he can only get more better

You do bring up interesting points but at the same time tho Ingram why would he ditch Zion? Lemme think...money talks of course but also because if he ends up playing on a contender he can only get more better
    Money talks and Pelicans can offer the most and 5 years. Also most contenders don't have the cap. Also if its a sign and trade then they have to be talking like right away. Also your list 5 of teams for max cap slots. Only Heat are a playoff contender. Rest are lottery teams. He's best to stay put for the most money and be with Zion. Pelicans are in the drivers seat. They can match. Even if Ingram settles for the QO to bolt. He still has to play one more season with Pelicans. Then could get injured then lose out on a 5 year max. Also Pelicans have to like the sign and trade offer or let Ingram rot as a RFA and have control. Ingram isn't going anywhere.

Ingram and Zion are the entire future in New Orleans. Theyll match any offer to keep Ingram there. They'd be stupid not to

It's crazy but aside from the Raptors and Rockets I find my self looking for Pelicans games to watch. Theyve become one of my favourite teams to follow and it's mostly due to that pairing along with Jrue, Ball, Etc all the Pelicans really have to do is keep the core together and not **** it up.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 03-11-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Money talks and Pelicans can offer the most and 5 years. Also most contenders don't have the cap. Also if its a sign and trade then they have to be talking like right away. Also your list 5 of teams for max cap slots. Only Heat are a playoff contender. Rest are lottery teams. He's best to stay put for the most money and be with Zion. Pelicans are in the drivers seat. They can match. Even if Ingram settles for the QO to bolt. He still has to play one more season with Pelicans. Then could get injured then lose out on a 5 year max. Also Pelicans have to like the sign and trade offer or let Ingram rot as a RFA and have control. Ingram isn't going anywhere.
    Agreed, Ingram can make the most by staying put but also coming from a **** storm in LA he probably likes the fact that he's a key corner stone and main piece with Pelicans.

Also he sees who he's paired with. He and Zion can be an amazing tandem for years. Then they have a really good supporting cast as well

When you consider the money + the role + the cast & team he has around him his best option is likely to stay put.

If he was a free agent then I would worry about a team like Dallas scooping him. But the Pelicans have all the control and can match any offer and almost certainly will.

Yeah he could but if he gets 5 years he could even be in that super max category

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    What Free agents in 2021 are better options now and long term than BI though is the thing. Giannis and Kawhi for sure. AD if he signs a 1+1 but after that Iím not sure. (Iím sure thereís RFA Iím not thinking of but those guys are highly unlikely not to have their contracts matched.

Iíd go after BI this summer and then if you get him and Giannis Kawhi or AD commit to you the following summer and you donít have the cap space you do a sign and trade and send the team BI, both sides win. You get your star and the team losing that star gets a very young all star
    Well you just named a few, Giannis, Kawhi, possibly AD, and Labron. Then you canít forget Gobert. After that in think BI would fall into the next category of players. Most teams have their sights set on Giannis so any team that signs BI to a max contract would be out of the running for Giannis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus other players like Fred Van Vleet and Malik Beasley are available this summer as well as Bertans among others

There is no guarantee that Zion is going to want to stay in NO though. Prior to the draft Zion made
    It very clear that his desire is to play in New York. He might just be biding his time until he can sign with the Knicks.

Money doesnít always talk. Now days we have seen players forgo the bigger contract in order to play in their destination of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Well you just named a few, Giannis, Kawhi, possibly AD, and Labron. Then you canít forget Gobert. After that in think BI would fall into the next category of players. Most teams have their sights set on Giannis so any team that signs BI to a max contract would be out of the running for Giannis.

Outside of Giannis Kawhi and AD that I mentioned I donít think thereís a better option
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Money doesnít always talk. Now days we have seen players forgo the bigger contract in order to play in their destination of choice.

This. Just like Giannis will in 2021
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Potential landing spots for Brandon Ingram this summer

1- New Orleans Pelicans (stays with Pelicans and resigns)
    2- New York Knicks (they have the cap space)
    3- Miami Heat (they too also have cap space)
    4- Oklahoma City Thunder
    5- San Antonio Spurs
    6- Chicago Bulls

Those are my 6 landing spots for BI but I love the Pelicans, Knicks and Thunder specifically for BI

But I really hope BI stays in New Orleans and resigns with them because of the core they already have with him, Lonzo and Zion
    nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12