Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 133
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,999
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Crabbe never put up anywhere near the numbers Malik has. Malik creates his own shot, he's not just a 3 & D guy
    I agree. But I just canít see that kind of money. What do we always say about guys that put up numbers in garbage time, end of the year, or on bad teams?

    I do think heís worth a sizeable offer, but not max. Last thing this team needs are new bad contracts
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-11-2020 at 07:46 AM.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,587
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I agree. But I just canít see that kind of money. What do we always say about guys that put up numbers in garbage time, end of the year, or on bad teams?

    I do think heís worth a sizeable offer, but not max
    but he put up numbers on a very good DEN team too when given minutes. you gotta look at his skillset more than anything.

    I think he's more in the mold of a guy that didn't get many minutes on a stacked team and is now getting his shot. Like Eric Bledsoe back in the day. he just turned 23 a few months ago.

    there's always the danger late in the year with guys on bad teams but i don't see that with Malik. I think he just needed a shot.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,587
    and of course he goes 2-11 last night with 5 points...lol. He'd have to continue the run he was on to offer a max, but if we can get him cheaper. great. right now we have a blank slate in '21 pretty much.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,999
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    but he put up numbers on a very good DEN team too when given minutes. you gotta look at his skillset more than anything.

    I think he's more in the mold of a guy that didn't get many minutes on a stacked team and is now getting his shot. Like Eric Bledsoe back in the day. he just turned 23 a few months ago.

    there's always the danger late in the year with guys on bad teams but i don't see that with Malik. I think he just needed a shot.
    Oh I agree, I like his game. Mentioned him months ago, as a guy we could get cheaper, whoís team wasnít interested in keeping him. Just not at a max. Iíd go 4/75-80. If that doesnít get it done, so be it

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,587
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Oh I agree, I like his game. Mentioned him months ago, as a guy we could get cheaper, whoís team wasnít interested in keeping him. Just not at a max. Iíd go 4/75-80. If that doesnít get it done, so be it
    me personally, i just want us to add one good young player that can be part of the future and build chemistry with our core guys, no matter what the price. tired of all these random new bums every year and all the roster turnover and we ended up paying $78m for these guys.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,251
    Iím not saying he is Crabbe, but it could be one of those crippling contracts.

    4/80 seems reasonable. If Minnesota wants to match, maybe we can entice them not to with a 2nd or something.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,326
    I have Beasley in the same bucket as Wood which seems to be too risky for me. It's almost like DSJ all over again. We gave up a lot for DSJ and his untapped potential and even after his pretty solid play late last season we by all accounts appeared to pass up PGs because of his potential and now he's a straight up bum. Wood/Beasley have the potential to "DSJ" us except they will have bigger contracts attached.

    I feel a lot more comfortable riding with our coup of drafted young guys on rookie deals and throwing big contracts at veteran and more "sure things" with more established track records like Hayward, Gallo, Harris, Fournier, Bertans, Bogdanovich.

    I'm willing to sacrifice some upside in order to hedge the downside with FA. We have enough boom or bust with our drafted young guys I really think we need something steady and predictable from our FAs this year.

    The more we throw around names and ideas I do feel this FA is shaping up to be a little better than expected though. There are options for a fun team next year if we can entice the right guys to come here.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I have Beasley in the same bucket as Wood which seems to be too risky for me. It's almost like DSJ all over again. We gave up a lot for DSJ and his untapped potential and even after his pretty solid play late last season we by all accounts appeared to pass up PGs because of his potential and now he's a straight up bum. Wood/Beasley have the potential to "DSJ" us except they will have bigger contracts attached.

    I feel a lot more comfortable riding with our coup of drafted young guys on rookie deals and throwing big contracts at veteran and more "sure things" with more established track records like Hayward, Gallo, Harris, Fournier, Bertans, Bogdanovich.

    I'm willing to sacrifice some upside in order to hedge the downside with FA. We have enough boom or bust with our drafted young guys I really think we need something steady and predictable from our FAs this year.

    The more we throw around names and ideas I do feel this FA is shaping up to be a little better than expected though. There are options for a fun team next year if we can entice the right guys to come here.
    Yeah this basically where I am, agreed. My pain threshold would be higher on Beasley than Wood.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Iím not saying he is Crabbe, but it could be one of those crippling contracts.

    4/80 seems reasonable. If Minnesota wants to match, maybe we can entice them not to with a 2nd or something.
    Almost prefer less years, and a bit more money if need be given he is a gamble to not reproduce. But I don't know much about him beyond the stats page, and some highlight reels I've seen last few days.

    But if he is the guy nycerican is making him out to be, seems like Minny would easily match that, 2nd rounders be damned

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Almost prefer less years, and a bit more money if need be given he is a gamble to not reproduce. But I don't know much about him beyond the stats page, and some highlight reels I've seen last few days.

    But if he is the guy nycerican is making him out to be, seems like Minny would easily match that, 2nd rounders be damned
    last season in DEN he shot 47/40/85 for a very good DEN team, at age 21/22. and scored 11.3ppg in limited minutes. He just got stuck behind a few guys there.

    he's killing it in MIN. he has the skillset to be another CJ type, I don't see why not. I think MIN could balk at a max deal, but $20m I think they'd gladly match. we're not signing a RFA without overpaying somewhat, but if we're going to overpay, overpay for an actual good modern player.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    last season in DEN he shot 47/40/85 for a very good DEN team, at age 21/22. and scored 11.3ppg in limited minutes. He just got stuck behind a few guys there.

    he's killing it in MIN. he has the skillset to be another CJ type, I don't see why not. I think MIN could balk at a max deal, but $20m I think they'd gladly match. we're not signing a RFA without overpaying somewhat, but if we're going to overpay, overpay for an actual good modern player.
    This is the Tim Hardaway argument, but Malik looks better on paper so I'll give you that

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    This is the Tim Hardaway argument, but Malik looks better on paper so I'll give you that
    Malik or TImmy as anyone's #1 is going to look bad. Timmy is doing his thing in DAL though. but Timmy was nowhere near a max contract either and the contract didn't hurt us and wouldn't have if Perry & Mills hadn't been stargazing. give me TImmy all day at 18m over Randle.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,527
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Malik or TImmy as anyone's #1 is going to look bad. Timmy is doing his thing in DAL though. but Timmy was nowhere near a max contract either and the contract didn't hurt us and wouldn't have if Perry & Mills hadn't been stargazing. give me TImmy all day at 18m over Randle.
    Randle is good just like Thjr but they're both being asked to do too much it all comes down to Knicks not having plan or brains to build a roster it's not coaching or players fault knicks suck.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,999
    Hypothetically speaking, we are looking at a bunch of guys around the same money.

    Beasley is the youngest, and has the most risk.

    Iím still saying 4/80 absolute max. If we are going a bit higher, I go for the other more established guys.

    If Fournier opts out, throw him a deal similar to Randles, except give him a player option for year 3, see if he bites. Heís the kind of guy that might want to avoid the frenzy of next offseasons FA class. Would give us a dependable scorer/shooter than can create, still not old.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-11-2020 at 05:22 PM.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,174
    I think 4/80 for Beasley is ridiculous. I know weíre desperate for shooting, but cmon. He hasnít proven himself to get anywhere near that amount.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •