Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Issue is that he's not going to be had for a reasonable deal, although maybe I should ask what you think reasonable is, in this thin FA market. Someone is likely to overpay based on the inflated stats and it shouldn't be us.
    we should look elsewhere, i dont want another unproven project PF.

throw a max at beasely for SG, and go hard after Bertans or Gallo for PF

Issue is that he's not going to be had for a reasonable deal, although maybe I should ask what you think reasonable is, in this thin FA market. Someone is likely to overpay based on the inflated stats and it shouldn't be us.
    Itís a bit of a gamble but sometimes you go after a guy early in his upswing and it pays off as a year or two later he hits his prime. Iím just saying heís a late bloomer so there is a decent chance heís better next season, and the season after. And heís a mobile defender who can hit the 3 and doesnít ball stop. Thatís basically it.

I donít know what the FA class looks like next year, our projected cap etc. So Iím basically making this statement in a vacuum, but something like 3 years/42 million makes sense imo unless it screws up our ability to chase bigger fish.

Itís a medium risk/high reward FA signing imo. Again I do think heís more of a winning style player than Randle.

Bertans hits 3s and Iíd be happy to add him but heís not a guy who moves the needle either imo. And Gallo is the best of the bunch but heís hitting his declining years now and heís had injury issues. Of course he helps win games and I like him but what is his deal going to look like? Probably bigger than Woodís.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we should look elsewhere, i dont want another unproven project PF.

throw a max at beasely for SG, and go hard after Bertans or Gallo for PF
    I think you and I started the Gallo talk early, I've been a fan forever. Bring him home, best Italian food in the country right here! I still stand on that mountain. Think his experience, and if he can maintain health, is perfect on paper next to Mitch at the 4 next year. And then draft his backup.

I've seen very little of Beasley and you get crazy crushes on players. A max sounds like too much to me, what's your rationale?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Itís a bit of a gamble but sometimes you go after a guy early in his upswing and it pays off as a year or two later he hits his prime. Iím just saying heís a late bloomer so there is a decent chance heís better next season, and the season after. And heís a mobile defender who can hit the 3 and doesnít ball stop. Thatís basically it.

I donít know what the FA class looks like next year, our projected cap etc. So Iím basically making this statement in a vacuum, but something like 3 years/42 million makes sense imo unless it screws up our ability to chase bigger fish.

Itís a medium risk/high reward FA signing imo. Again I do think heís more of a winning style player than Randle.

Bertans hits 3s and Iíd be happy to add him but heís not a guy who moves the needle either imo. And Gallo is the best of the bunch but heís hitting his declining years now and heís had injury issues. Of course he helps win games and I like him but what is his deal going to look like? Probably bigger than Woodís.
    Your points are well taken. He should definitely be on the whiteboard. There does seem to be some supply of stretch 4s, so maybe we get lucky if he's the last one left. 2 years sounds better to me.

I'd like to see more of him ideally, but I can't watch a Pistons game, that's torture. Also I'm cherry picking from a recent Detroit article, "The odds are that Detroit will pay him whatever they need to in order to retain him."

3/36 was already sounding high, given the potential competition, I'm not seeing it Heart. I think he goes to whoever is offering the biggest payday, the other side of what you are saying is that he isn't able to duplicate this stat line ever again and just had the best year of his career. You gotta cash in on that.

Your Gallo point is fair as well, still, that's where I start. As to what a deal for him looks like, I don't know. He will be 32 this summer. So for a three year deal you paying him for years 32, 33, 34. I'm thinking around 3/65, we'll have competition. Also we need to trade Randle

I think you and I started the Gallo talk early, I've been a fan forever. Bring him home, best Italian food in the country right here! I still stand on that mountain. Think his experience, and if he can maintain health, is perfect on paper next to Mitch at the 4 next year. And then draft his backup.

I've seen very little of Beasley and you get crazy crushes on players. A max sounds like too much to me, what's your rationale?
    Gallo is just a flat out winner. very efficient and his D is underrated.

even 60 games of Gallo is worth $20m easily.

4/80m I think would get it done.

Gallo & Beasely would make this a playoff team and we can afford both.

Gallo is just a flat out winner. very efficient and his D is underrated.

even 60 games of Gallo is worth $20m easily.

4/80m I think would get it done.

Gallo & Beasely would make this a playoff team and we can afford both.
    Even with Randle on the books? A trade will likely bring back salary. ANd we have picks to pay for. What's the max for Beasley?

Even with Randle on the books? A trade will likely bring back salary. ANd we have picks to pay for. What's the max for Beasley?
    No trade needed. Beasley is restricted, Gallo UFA

Iím not happy Beasley is putting up numbers, he was a guy I thought we could get on the cheap with upside. Plus the issue of Min having restricted rights

I figured it out the other day, but I think we could have around 60M if necessary

Iím trying to figure a number for him, Iím figuring Harris gets somewhere near 15 per, Bertans maybe a bit more. Gallo and Bogs likely 20 or a bit more. Beasley inbetween those numbers would be a gamble Iíd take. I think 2 of those guys would make us a lot better, still in good cap shape, and much more attractive to go for a bigger player in FA or trade
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-10-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No trade needed. Beasley is restricted, Gallo UFA

Iím not happy Beasley is putting up numbers, he was a guy I thought we could get on the cheap with upside. Plus the issue of Min having restricted rights

I figured it out the other day, but I think we could have around 60M if necessary

Iím trying to figure a number for him, Iím figuring Harris gets somewhere near 15 per, Bertans maybe a bit more. Gallo and Bogs likely 20 or a bit more. Beasley inbetween those numbers would be a gamble Iíd take. I think 2 of those guys would make us a lot better, still in good cap shape, and much more attractive to go for a bigger player in FA or trade
    yea beasely should have been the target in the Morris trade somehow, in a 3-4 way. wanted him as well. MIN got him dirt cheap, would they match a max? tough call for them but we have nothing to lose. i think $20m they easily match though, i think it would take a full max.

His max is $27m, we can afford him and Gallo at around $20m.

yea beasely should have been the target in the Morris trade somehow, in a 3-4 way. wanted him as well. MIN got him dirt cheap, would they match a max? tough call for them but we have nothing to lose. i think $20m they easily match though, i think it would take a full max.

His max is $27m, we can afford him and Gallo at around $20m.
    Iím not maxing Beasley man. I like him, but thatís crazy. No way heís done nearly enough to warrant that

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím not maxing Beasley man. I like him, but thatís crazy. No way heís done nearly enough to warrant that
    he's putting up 22 & 5 for MIN on 49/44 shooting and 3.7 made 3's per game. and he just turned 23. He looks like an all star in the making. A CJ McCollum type. He's produced even in DEN when given minutes. he can flat out score and shoot the 3.

If he keeps up that production I think you'd have to offer a max for MIN to consider letting him go. They'd match $17m in a heartbeat and be happy about it. but really, it's worth it. He's like having another top 3 pick added to the core. He fits, he's modern, he gives us badly needed shooting, and he costs nothing but cap. We spent $78m on garbage archaic players, why not spend $27m on ONE good player that we can build with?

imagine going into next year with

Mitch
    RJ
    Beasely
    Ball?
    Frank
    Knox

+ cap space? that's an exciting team.

imagine going into next year with

Mitch
    RJ
    Beasely
    Ball?
    Frank
    Knox

+ cap space? that's an exciting team.
    It's not bad but we would win more with
    Mitch
    Gallo
    RJ
    Harris
    Draft pick
    Frank
    Knox

I would honestly need to look at the contracts and see if we could add around that team. That's not enough to cap yourself out but if that team leaves room for cap and/or trades I think that's a really solid team.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    It's not bad but we would win more with
    Mitch
    Gallo
    RJ
    Harris
    Draft pick
    Frank
    Knox

I would honestly need to look at the contracts and see if we could add around that team. That's not enough to cap yourself out but if that team leaves room for cap and/or trades I think that's a really solid team.
    Itís very doable. I donít think anyone would be mad with that outcome. Gallo and Harris are two guys in the pool of players we should look at

Only thing, Harris is what he is, a nice 3/D guy. Beasley has the potential for more, and heís much younger

Giving Malik Beasley a max would feel very much like the Nets giving Allen Crabbe a max offer sheet a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Giving Malik Beasley a max would feel very much like the Nets giving Allen Crabbe a max offer sheet a few years back.
    Crabbe never put up anywhere near the numbers Malik has. Malik creates his own shot, he's not just a 3 & D guy

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast