Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TD3 potential

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or whenever he's specifically on the floor, do the Raptors win? Does he impact the game on offense or even on defense?
    Yeah he does. And the fact that you are asking that question proves you donít watch the game.

pretty obvious he was clueless when he said that DD was better in his rookie season because he scored more points. TD does literally everything better than rookie Demar. All Demar knew how to do his rookie season was dunking the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah he does. And the fact that you are asking that question proves you donít watch the game.
    Or even look at stats that better encapsulate how a player impacts the game. TD was Top 15 league wide in real plus minus for a large stretch of the season. He has slipped a bit recently, but his advanced stats are still exceptional.

TD does things on the basketball court that remind me of MJ. The way he finishes in traffic. The way he finishes above the rim. The way he defends. The ease in which he can palm a basketball. I know he isn't going to be one of the greatest to ever play the game, but with the tools he has to work with combined with his blue collar work ethic and toughness give him a pretty high ceiling imo.

He's so much further along than Siakam and FVV were as rookies. I can't wait to see what Davis turns into 2 years from now after a couple off seasons working with this group as they all continue to push each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or whenever he's specifically on the floor, do the Raptors win? Does he impact the game on offense or even on defense?
    Yes the answer is yes

TBH I think TD is trade bait. We need to be real with ourselves here. The guy told teams not to draft him in the 2nd round then took a gamble on himself in order to get paid. I can't imagine a scenario where FVV walks and Serge has already expressed that he wants to stay. If we're in the Giannis sweepstakes then that kinda leaves TD out. As much as I love TD we absolutely need a big (Serge) and a PG (FVV) more than we need TD moving forward. He's also the least likely to take a pay cut if you ask me. I'd be shocked if he did.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    TBH I think TD is trade bait. We need to be real with ourselves here. The guy told teams not to draft him in the 2nd round then took a gamble on himself in order to get paid. I can't imagine a scenario where FVV walks and Serge has already expressed that he wants to stay. If we're in the Giannis sweepstakes then that kinda leaves TD out. As much as I love TD we absolutely need a big (Serge) and a PG (FVV) more than we need TD moving forward. He's also the least likely to take a pay cut if you ask me. I'd be shocked if he did.
    If Raptors try to trade for Giannis, he definitely would be trade bait.

If they want to try to preserve the cap space to sign him, there are so many moving variables in play at that point. We'll have Anunoby and Davis as RFA's that summer (and OG might be searching for extension this fall). Lowry and Powell will both be coming off the books (assuming Norm declines his PO). Davis would have a low cap hold if he is comfortable waiting out Toronto's other moves, but someone will probably come in with a strong offer.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If Raptors try to trade for Giannis, he definitely would be trade bait.

If they want to try to preserve the cap space to sign him, there are so many moving variables in play at that point. We'll have Anunoby and Davis as RFA's that summer (and OG might be searching for extension this fall). Lowry and Powell will both be coming off the books (assuming Norm declines his PO). Davis would have a low cap hold if he is comfortable waiting out Toronto's other moves, but someone will probably come in with a strong offer.
    Yeah unfortunately I think he's going to get paid by someone as well. If the Raps miss out on Giannis then I hope they'd make an offer to keep him around though. In a Giannis-less scenario I'd be perfectly fine re-signing both Powell and TD.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

I think it would come back to bite us in the *** if we traded TD. I think he will be like butler with a bit less defence but a great 3.

I think it would come back to bite us in the *** if we traded TD. I think he will be like butler with a bit less defence but a great 3.
    If Giannis doesn't sign an extension this off-season then you need to go at the Bucks with names like TD/OG/Powell. In a perfect World Giannis signs here and if that were to happen then there wouldn't be enough salary room for the other 3. I love TD and have high hopes for him but if a situation like that were to arise then he'd probably be on the move. If the Raps don't get Giannis then I'd like to see TD get extended.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    If Giannis doesn't sign an extension this off-season then you need to go at the Bucks with names like TD/OG/Powell. In a perfect World Giannis signs here and if that were to happen then there wouldn't be enough salary room for the other 3. I love TD and have high hopes for him but if a situation like that were to arise then he'd probably be on the move. If the Raps don't get Giannis then I'd like to see TD get extended.
    Oh so youíre saying trade bait in a trade for giannis. That makes more sense. I wouldnít be looking to trade him for anyone else.

This pandemic could ruin a lot of teams and cause a major shake up. The salary cap for next year is plummeting because of the lack of revenue coming in. What if the cap falls by 30M like some are talking about?

I don't see them letting a 2 way versatile talent like Davis go anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12