Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Gary will have a longer career as a first baseman, but there's no real evidence that his numbers will go up simply from the move. Also, his value will plummet as a result. Even if Gary is capable of hitting 40 home runs as a first baseman, he's basically another Mike Stanton, and that's something this team doesn't need. We need guys who can make contact and drive in runners in scoring position.

That is why I am in favor of trading him within the next 2 seasons

So ud rather see Higgy a 30yr old careerr MILB catcher who is average defensively and who has been an under .200 hitter in his MLB career vs Sanchez. A 27 yr old 2 time All Star, as recently as last yr. Sanchez hit 34 hr in about 100 games last yr and had a monster first half until he got Injured. Makes all the sense in the world to want the best offensive catcher in the AL on the bench

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So ud rather see Higgy a 30yr old careerr MILB catcher who is average defensively and who has been an under .200 hitter in his MLB career vs Sanchez. A 27 yr old 2 time All Star, as recently as last yr. Sanchez hit 34 hr in about 100 games last yr and had a monster first half until he got Injured. Makes all the sense in the world to want the best offensive catcher in the AL on the bench
    Higgy can hit 30 hr because he showed pop in AAA.
    Just ask Webslinger

Now if we got Rizzo or Lindor for Gary? I'd live with Higgy. Aside from that? Keep him.

Ignorance is bliss

Gary will have a longer career as a first baseman, but there's no real evidence that his numbers will go up simply from the move. Also, his value will plummet as a result. Even if Gary is capable of hitting 40 home runs as a first baseman, he's basically another Mike Stanton, and that's something this team doesn't need. We need guys who can make contact and drive in runners in scoring position.
    This I fully agree with.
    You can have 2 out of the three, Stanton,Judge, Gary. You can't have all 3 and succeed, unless you had awesome contact hitters, interspersed and those 3 batting 2-4-6

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Higgy can hit 30 hr because he showed pop in AAA.
    Just ask Webslinger

Now if we got Rizzo or Lindor for Gary? I'd live with Higgy. Aside from that? Keep him.
    TMML
    I agree if Gary could get us 1 of those 2 then trade him and i'll happily live with Higgy until we can either sign or trade for somebody better until one of our high ceiling catching specs. I would absolutely love to have Lindor, he drastically improves defense, would give us another high contact bat that still has significant power, would help balance out our lineup being a switch hitter, gives us more speed, is still very young with a ton of prime yrs left and maybe most importantly and maybe most importantly doesn't have an injury history averaging 154.5 games over the last 4 yrs

My one concern with Rizzo is he's on the wrong side of 30 and 1st baseman have an iffy history of aging well

ESPN ranked Sanchez as the 63rd best player in baseball and #2 overall catcher

ESPN ranked Sanchez as the 63rd best player in baseball and #2 overall catcher
    Clearly, we need to trade for the best catcher

Ignorance is bliss

I'd be happy to live with Higgy, if it meant we could get 2 extremely high ceiling prospects for him, like an austin meadows and tyler glasnow. Who would you rather have? Higgy, and potentially players like, Glasnow and Meadows, or just Gary? Whatever you may or may not lose with Higgy from his lack of Gary's canon, or perhaps less power, it's easily made it up if your half of the trade works out, and I assume Gary could have fetched a pretty good deal, if the yankees had been willing to listen to offers for the last 2 off seasons.

Yeah, maybe you've already forgotten that Gary, himself batted .186 and then .232 the very next season. We have no idea, if Higgy will be this bad over an entire major league season, although it's hard to imagine. Let's not forget what happened with voit, urshela and talkman. At the moment, he's beating out Gary in spring training. Also, saying Higgy is average defensively while not acknowledging that Gary made 15 errors behind the plate and is a -2 on DRS is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    This I fully agree with.
    You can have 2 out of the three, Stanton,Judge, Gary. You can't have all 3 and succeed, unless you had awesome contact hitters, interspersed and those 3 batting 2-4-6
    Judge is the most valuable out of the 3 because he plays gold glove defense, can run and gets on base a ton. That's what the other two don't do, but he's got the same weaknesses. Judge lacks contact skills and is terrible with RISP, but his skills outside of his power make him a keeper. If I never saw the other two again I'd be fine with that.

TMML
    I agree if Gary could get us 1 of those 2 then trade him and i'll happily live with Higgy until we can either sign or trade for somebody better until one of our high ceiling catching specs. I would absolutely love to have Lindor, he drastically improves defense, would give us another high contact bat that still has significant power, would help balance out our lineup being a switch hitter, gives us more speed, is still very young with a ton of prime yrs left and maybe most importantly and maybe most importantly doesn't have an injury history averaging 154.5 games over the last 4 yrs

My one concern with Rizzo is he's on the wrong side of 30 and 1st baseman have an iffy history of aging well
    Lindor hits for a higher average but he doesn't do well with RISP. No thanks.

Ok so this is a old thread. I tried starting a new one yesterday on how Gary Sanchez stinks more than ever and it was deleted as trolling. There was nothing trolling about it.
    I am life long Yankee and I call it as I see it.
    Not to mention I have been around here for a long time. No trolling. No personal insults. No vulgarity ever. No inappropriate photos ever.
    If I can't post things about the Yankees I don't like that is wrong. I started copying what I wrote and the response. If need be I will send a complaint to the parent company of PSD and complain. If a mod is power hungry and does not like me personally that is their problem. Not mine. I have contacted them in the past and they took action.I never go outside of forum rules and guidelines. Most people who come here are great but on every site there are a few who band together and act like they own it. They don't and I am well aware of who does.

Scary Gary grounded into a double play this afternoon and whiffed with a weak swing. He stinks. Half his outs are K's
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    Ok so this is a old thread. I tried starting a new one yesterday on how Gary Sanchez stinks more than ever and it was deleted as trolling. There was nothing trolling about it.
    I am life long Yankee and I call it as I see it.
    Not to mention I have been around here for a long time. No trolling. No personal insults. No vulgarity ever. No inappropriate photos ever.
    If I can't post things about the Yankees I don't like that is wrong. I started copying what I wrote and the response. If need be I will send a complaint to the parent company of PSD and complain. If a mod is power hungry and does not like me personally that is their problem. Not mine. I have contacted them in the past and they took action.I never go outside of forum rules and guidelines. Most people who come here are great but on every site there are a few who band together and act like they own it. They don't and I am well aware of who does.

Scary Gary grounded into a double play this afternoon and whiffed with a weak swing. He stinks. Half his outs are K's
    All I am gonna say about this is that I donít agree with why that the thread you made earlier was deleted and I am not sure if it deserved to be deleted . But it is what it is I guess

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Realmuto isn't THAT much better than Sanchez that I'd also give away Andujar and Florial. Absolutely not.
    You're kidding. While i wouldn't make that trade, REalamuto is far and away a better option than Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Between LF, 3B and DH I bet he plays 3 out of every 4 games.
    Why would stanton need rest as a DH? I also don't see Gio or Frazier getting more than 15 rest days the entire season. I'd be shocked if Andujar starts more than 40 games the whole season if there are no injuries. This is why it was so important for him to get a ton of reps at first base. He wasn't very good there in 2019 and the yankees, in their infinite wisdom, didn't think he was worth working out there in 2020. Now instead of potentially having Andujar man first base for maybe up to 2 months while Voit heals, we have a washed up Jay Bruce.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 03-29-2021 at 07:00 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    *creates multiple threads about one player every year*

*cries when one gets deleted*

Sorry but no one takes you serious since that's about all you do is create a few threads about Sanchez a year.

Carry on.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Sanchez has looked terrible at times. I don't think anyone will argue. I also think very few will argue that it best suits the Yankees to get him at least trade-able.

My guess is the thread was deleted because there doesn't need to be a thread for the sole purpose of bashing a player. That is trolling. That is trolling a player with abject negativity and waiting for another poster to defend him so he can be berated.
    It is actually the definition of trolling as was the above post.

You want to make a thread about how disappointing Sanchez has been and what does he need to do to be better? My guess is, that thread stays a thread.
    But it wasn't. It was a thread made to gloat in. a players failure.
    Trolling

Ignorance is bliss

Why would stanton need rest as a DH? I also don't see Gio or Frazier getting more than 15 rest days the entire season. I'd be shocked if Andujar starts more than 40 games the whole season if there are no injuries. This is why it was so important for him to get a ton of reps at first base. He wasn't very good there in 2019 and the yankees, in their infinite wisdom, didn't think he was working out there in 2020. Now instead of potentially having Andujar man first base for maybe up to 2 months while Voit heals, we have a washed up Jay Bruce.
    They should have traded andujar months ago , he clearly has no place on this team and they donít have the patience to wait for him to learn 1b . That being said I thought andujar was hurt and why they went with Bruce .

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    You're kidding. While i wouldn't make that trade, REalamuto is far and away a better option than Gary.

Why would stanton need rest as a DH? I also don't see Gio or Frazier getting more than 15 rest days the entire season. I'd be shocked if Andujar starts more than 40 games the whole season if there are no injuries. This is why it was so important for him to get a ton of reps at first base. He wasn't very good there in 2019 and the yankees, in their infinite wisdom, didn't think he was working out there in 2020. Now instead of potentially having Andujar man first base for maybe up to 2 months while Voit heals, we have a washed up Jay Bruce.
    Let me know how a player that's injured and not playing can get reps at 1B. I'm interested in hearing how this works.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast