Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jets All-Time Players Team!!!!!!!!

This is a roster for the best players of all-time, that also played for the Jets at some point.

Keep in mind, this is not for the greatest Jets players, but the greatest players that put on the Jets uniform during their career, whether for 1 season or a Jet for life.
    Pros only, colligiate achievements are not in play.

Coach= Bill Parcells

Offense:
    QB= Brett Favre
    RB= Curtis Martin
    RB= LaDainian Thomlinson
    WR= Art Monk
    WR=
    WR=

Last edited by MrX27; 05-28-2020 at 12:04 AM.

Who is the greatest Head Coach to walk the sidelines for the Jets?

For instance: Weeb, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichek (although I think he would be DQ'd because he never coached an actual game), Pete Carroll or etc.

I'm going Pete Carroll over Bill Parcells.
    I know Parcells won 2 SBs, but I believe Pete Carroll has done more with less talent than what Parcells had.
    Although Carroll has had his ooops moments, upon returning to the pros, he has figured out how to be a winning HC.
    And it all started with his bold and risky decision to start an unheralded rookie (Russell Wilson) over an expensive prized FA QB (Matt Flynn).
    No grudge to Pete, he evolved as a HC and found the recipe to success and he's not done yet.
    He gets my vote.
    Last edited by MrX27; 03-07-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I go with Parcells as my coach. I love everything about his style. I can't pick against the Big Tuna.

QB-Gotta go Joe Willy Backup is Favre
    RB-Curtis Martin. LT as his backup
    FB-John Riggins. (Is that cheating?)
    WR-Walker
    WR-Coles
    WR-Chrebet
    TE-Shuler

T-Brick
    T-Winston Hill
    G-Rasmussen. ( I looked him up because aside from Moore, I didn't remember anyone who stood out)
    G-Brandon Moore
    C-Mawae

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Head coach

Iím going Bill Parcells too, though Carroll is a not so distant second

Rex Ryan.

Reasoning? Iím too young to remember the others and this was sadly the best stretch of football Iíve seen the Jets ever play...

Only reason I'm not giving the nod to Parcells is that Lawrence Taylor was the greatest LB to ever play the game, and I seriously doubt Parcells wins any SBs without him.
    Last edited by MrX27; 03-08-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Only reason I'm not giving the nod to Parcells is that Lawrence Taylor was the greatest LB to ever play the game, and I seriously doubt Parcells wins any SBs without him.
    Fair point.
    I don't know though. That opens up a whole bunch of questions

How many does Bill win without Brady?
    Walsh or Seifert?

LT was absolutely the most dominant player I have ever seen but the rest of that D was absurd.
    86 they were 14-2. I think Bill wins that one regardless.

He went to 3 Super Bowls and 4 conference championships with 3 different teams.
    He went the playoffs with 4 teams.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-08-2020 at 10:40 AM.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Bill to some degree turned around the Patriots and also the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Fair point.
    I don't know though. That opens up a whole bunch of questions

How many does Bill win without Brady?
    Walsh or Seifert?

LT was absolutely the most dominant player I have ever seen but the rest of that D was absurd.
    86 they were 14-2. I think Bill wins that one regardless.

He went to 3 Super Bowls and 4 conference championships with 3 different teams.
    He went the playoffs with 4 teams.
    That's what I'm getting at, Carroll had no one on the level of Lawrence Taylor.

And yes the giants had a very strong defense in 86, but it was Taylor leading the way.
    He had 20 sacks that year, possibly his best year from a statistical standpoint.
    Everything is easier for the defense when EVERYONE (the opposing HC, the coordinators, the crowd at the game, those watching on TV) is focused on LT.

What I'm saying is everything about Parcells, comes back to Lawrence Taylor, Carroll didn't have that kind of player.
    As good as Russell Wilson is, and he is good, he's not an uber-elite talent of Taylor's caliber.

If Parcells, would have coached to a SB win without Taylor, then to me he easily tops the list.

*****We'll give this another day, then move onto the good stuff.

That's what I'm getting at, Carroll had no one on the level of Lawrence Taylor.

And yes the giants had a very strong defense in 86, but it was Taylor leading the way.
    He had 20 sacks that year, possibly his best year from a statistical standpoint.
    Everything is easier for the defense when EVERYONE (the opposing HC, the coordinators, the crowd at the game, those watching on TV) is focused on LT.

What I'm saying is everything about Parcells, comes back to Lawrence Taylor, Carroll didn't have that kind of player.
    As good as Russell Wilson is, and he is good, he's not an uber-elite talent of Taylor's caliber.

If Parcells, would have coached to a SB win without Taylor, then to me he easily tops the list.

*****We'll give this another day, then move onto the good stuff.
    Great thread idea.

Now here's a twist regarding those two. If it is all time best, I still go with Parcells. But... I would rather have Carroll now because he is more in tune with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Great thread idea.

Now here's a twist regarding those two. If it is all time best, I still go with Parcells. But... I would rather have Carroll now because he is more in tune with the times.
    We are just getting started......You know what's next, when we get there, it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Rex Ryan.

Reasoning? Iím too young to remember the others and this was sadly the best stretch of football Iíve seen the Jets ever play...
    Who was the 1st coach you remember watching?
    Last edited by MrX27; 03-09-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Jets All-Time Players Team!!!!!!!!

Who was the 1st coach you remember watching?
    I would say towards the end of Herm Edwardsís tenure as head coach, but more Eric Mangini.

I didnít really watch much sports on TV until around 2005. Before that it was mostly Knicks basketball from the very late 90s.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast