Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Yeah, I have the same exact question. If he is white, then I'd probably put him a notch above Nash, personally.
    I'd have to bump somebody out of my top ten white guys list, that's for sure.

Thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    You really don't know hour **** @ all. Mikan did not dominate for a decade. Three years tops. McHale was the third best player. LMAO!!! Who was number two than Mr. J-Smooth Fanboy? I was comparing FG% lol. What does that have to do with scoring. Two thirds really??? Care to back that one up?

Mikan would not even be a center in the 80's lol. With the way they let you camp out in the paint in the early 50's, he only shot a FG% of .404 lol. He would have to be a PF in the 80's due to the fact that he was only 6'10 (the same height as McHale btw) and if he could not score over 40.4% from the field while being able to camp out two feet from the basket in the early 50's, I would cringe to see him have to rely on an array of post moves about 5-10 feet from the basket. If he was shooting 40.4% from the field in the 50's with an overwhelming height advantage while camping out under the rim two feet away, it only stands to reason that playing PF against dudes more his size, while not being allowed to camp out in the paint the way he did before, his horrendous FG% of .404 would drop even more. My guess would be to about 36%-38% and that's being generous. Just remember, McHale shot a career FG% of .554. That's not even accounting for how efficient he was in his prime when the Celtics were dominating in the mid 80's. He led the league in FG% twice if I'm not mistaken. You're argument, just like your list of all-time white guys is a complete joke. Much like your understanding of the game in general and that extends even worse to you understanding of the history of the game as well.
    Thanks for the laugh. Now that we've amused each other. Your assessment of Mikan is incorrect. He was much better in his era than what you say. Also, comparing guys across eras is a source of amusement. The game was completely different in the Fifties than it was in the Eighties. To try to use 80's stats to compare to 50's stats is not only bogus, it's, well, laughable.

Let's use James Harden as an example of someone trying to cross eras. If he were playing in the Eighties, he would be called for travelling every time he took his step back jumper. Who knows how he would have fared in the Sixties and Seventies when there was no three point shot and the game was much more physical. They allowed hand checking back then. You needed to not only be quick, but be strong to try to muscle out of hand checks. Maybe he would have been great, but probably not. You need to stay in your lane when comparing guys across eras.

You pick the best guys in their era and try to go from there. We've already got two Celtics in the top 10, Bird and Cousy. I know that Celtics fans think they cornered the market on white guys, but guys like Havlicek and McHale are top 25 candidates, they weren't good enough to be top 10.
    Hope I've amused you some more

I see a lot of people are much higher on Porzingis than I because I would take Zion/Ingram, and Tatum/Brown before Doncic/Porzingis.

I guess I get it if you think Doncic is easily the best player on this list (I definitely don't), but for anyone else are you just expecting Porzongis to miraculously become much better offensively as well as regularly healthy?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I see a lot of people are much higher on Porzingis than I because I would take Zion/Ingram, and Tatum/Brown before Doncic/Porzingis.

I guess I get it if you think Doncic is easily the best player on this list (I definitely don't), but for anyone else are you just expecting Porzongis to miraculously become much better offensively as well as regularly healthy?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I donít think people are choosing Doncic/KP because of KP. There are definitely guys on that list that I would take over KP but no on that would would I take over Luka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doncic is far closer to his ceiling imo than Zion which is why I went with the Pelicans. Plus Ingram was an all star this year too which is more than we can say about KP
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456