Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dark Side of the Ring Season 2 premieres March 24

Season 2 of the show, which goes behind the scenes of some of the most controversial stories in pro wrestling, will debut on March 24 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The two-hour season premiere will delve into the story of Chris Benoit, who killed his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel, in 2007 before committing suicide. The episode will feature interview’s with Benoit’s family and friends, including his other son, David, and Sandra Toffoloni, Nancy Benoit’s sister.

The season will also feature episodes on: the murder of Dino Bravo; the “Brawl for All” tournament that led to career-ending injuries; the career of ECW star New Jack; David Schultz’s violent run-in with a 20/20 reporter; the death of Nancy Argentino, Jimmy Snuka’s girlfirend; the story of tag team wrestling legends Hawk and Animal; Herb Abrams’ attempt to build a wrestling empire; and the story of Owen Hart’s death during a WWE pay-per-view.
    I'm looking forward to season 2

The Owen episode will be so good.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    The Owen episode will be so good.
    the only one I don't care about is New Jack. I think New Jack is a thug who needs to be sitting in prison for the rest of his life

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    the only one I don't care about is New Jack. I think New Jack is a thug who needs to be sitting in prison for the rest of his life
    Agreed.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'ma be on the lookout for the Owen episode.

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Why The Brand Extension Never Works

I don't know what more they can add to the Owen story that we haven't heard already. Or Benoit really. Although it will be interesting to here he sons side of it. I wish they would do one on Gorgeous George. He had a fascinating life and died pretty much broke and an alcoholic.

Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Part 2 of Benoit is up on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtP3vMElcQ

did anyone else watch both of them?

some gut wrenching stuff.

Part 2 was way more gut wrenching. Not that part 1 wasn't, but part 2 was far more so.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Part 2 was way more gut wrenching. Not that part 1 wasn't, but part 2 was far more so.
    oh definitely

I really feel sorry for David. With him looking so much like his father I can't even imagine how hard it has been for him.

Yeah, its hard to not feel sorry for his son. It was awful that he was kept apart from his aunt because someone lied to both of them.

Yeah, I finally watch the Benoit/Eddie Guerrero episode. Anybody who've seen the show understands why this episode as much about Eddie as it was Benoit.

My conclusion is that Benoit died the night Eddie Guerrero died. The man was broken beyond repair.

I have all new respect for Chris Irvine.
    Screw sabermetics.

Droz's attitude toward his paralysis and D'Lo Brown is inspiring. I have never heard him utter a word of blame toward anyone.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Russo's involvement in this just shows how far his stupidity reaches. This put him in awful light. Harmed many careers and lost a good deal of business because he didn't like JBL's tough guy bully tendencies (get in line) and wanted to see him get beat. And then all throughout watching it, he talks tough as if he was the one who beat down JBL. So cringeworthy embarassing.

I caught bits and pieces of S1 but wanted to start watching due to the Benoit stuff. The 2 part was an emotional gut punch and encompasses a lot of the difficulty and confusion that comes with his legacy that fans struggle with. For me I can watch a Benoit match but won't go out of my way to do so (nor would I blame anyone for avoiding his work) and agree with the idea that he should never be in the hall of fame. I also agree, especially as a person who works in mental health, that head trauma can be disastrous and something that should always be talked about when it comes to Benoit. I am glad people take it more serious and appreciate measures they have taken to clean it up.

New Jack...the less I say the better. Good episode though, one that can get one worked up especially if you don't know these things before hand. I knew of his reputation but didn't really know the incidents behind them.

Brawl for all was a nice palate cleanser of sorts after some emotionally power and dark stuff the previous two weeks though not without some darker things. I enjoy Jim Cornette's podcast and opinion on wrestling even if I think he does get really carried away at times. I agree with Moose too that this episode really exposed, even more so for some, just how idiotic Russo is. The brawl was stupid, wreckless, dangerous and is infuriating to not consider the risk these people were put in satisate an ego. Then again, I can also agree that the buck does stop with McMahon and he does share some blame for not killing the concept.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast