Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Droz's attitude toward his paralysis and D'Lo Brown is inspiring. I have never heard him utter a word of blame toward anyone.
    He had that attitude from day one too. I remember when it happened that Dlo was devastated by it and Droz kept telling him it wasn't his fault and that it was an accident and that he didn't blame him. They said they didn't know what happened, but I remember reading at the time that they thought some idiot fan threw a soda at the ring and some of it got on the mat and Dlo slipped on it doing the power bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Russo's involvement in this just shows how far his stupidity reaches. This put him in awful light. Harmed many careers and lost a good deal of business because he didn't like JBL's tough guy bully tendencies (get in line) and wanted to see him get beat. And then all throughout watching it, he talks tough as if he was the one who beat down JBL. So cringeworthy embarassing.
    Welcome back! How have you been?

It ruined Dr. Death as well. He more than likely would have gotten a run against Stone Cold and that all ended with that match. I never understood why they fed Bart Gunn to Butterbean either, you knew at the time he was going to destroy him. It made sense though when they said Vince didn't want to push Bart and it was a way to squash him. I also found it interesting that Butterbean said he would have had a chance if he would have tried a take down on him instead of just boxing him.

For those interested, Jim Cornette's follow up on the latest Dark Side Of The Ring Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52aF32lBbA

I can't stand Russo. it just made me cringe when he was watching the brawl for all and he laughed and said he loved it it was entertaining to him.

Cornette's many rants on Russo are amazing.

This season has been pretty good so far. I didn't and won't watch the New Jack episode but, the 2 Benoit episodes and this brawl for all ones were good.

Have you guys seen the backlash DSR has been getting hate because of the way they put together the Benoit episodes? Hannibal from Hannibal TV has said he won't watch another episode because of how they glorified a murderer. I didn't really think they glorified anything they just put the story out there. They had people who knew Benoit talking about him and how shocking it was to find out what he did.

I thought the Snuka episode could have used a part 2. The episode felt really rushed, thin on information, and lacking in interviews. The one thing it did do though is really make the detective on the case look really foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I thought the Snuka episode could have used a part 2. The episode felt really rushed, thin on information, and lacking in interviews. The one thing it did do though is really make the detective on the case look really foolish.
    Oh my God, yes. You could clearly tell he was lying in that last scene when they told him Fatu was in the car. He had all the classic tells of someone lying, stammering, looking around, not looking them in the eye, etc. I have no idea why he ever agreed to do the interview.

i want to watch the benoit thing but i just cant... i get mental health is a thing and the head shots he took is a massive reason if not the full reason but i dont see how anyone can be fine or act fine and then do what he did... i just cant.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i want to watch the benoit thing but i just cant... i get mental health is a thing and the head shots he took is a massive reason if not the full reason but i dont see how anyone can be fine or act fine and then do what he did... i just cant.
    I'm a huge benoit fan still am. But my God that episode made me so depressed it's a tough watch.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Oh my God, yes. You could clearly tell he was lying in that last scene when they told him Fatu was in the car. He had all the classic tells of someone lying, stammering, looking around, not looking them in the eye, etc. I have no idea why he ever agreed to do the interview.
    I wished they actually followed through on the questioning about the car too. You had him in a corner. It's like they were teasing us for something more to come, that never actually came.

All these episodes help me remember how ****ed up wrestling history is. Makes for amazing stories though. This show deserves an Emmy imo. Its as good as many of the 30 for 30 documentaries on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I wished they actually followed through on the questioning about the car too. You had him in a corner. It's like they were teasing us for something more to come, that never actually came.
    Yeah, like you mentioned, they could have used two parts on this one. Cornette was talking about other things they could have talked about and didn't. One was in Tony Atlas's book he wrote that his wife at the time was in the room when the argument took place. I don't know if they even knew about it, or looked into it and couldn't get her to do the show. My guess at the very least was Atlas would have done the show. More than likely they never heard about that detail of it, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    This season has been pretty good so far. I didn't and won't watch the New Jack episode but, the 2 Benoit episodes and this brawl for all ones were good.
    I watched that episode just to see if it was a trainwreck as I thought it might be. It was. New Jack should have been in prison several times for his antics. I don't consider what he does wrestling.

Cornette's many rants on Russo are amazing.
    The hatred those two have against each other is popcorn eating worthy.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac
    Yeah, like you mentioned, they could have used two parts on this one. Cornette was talking about other things they could have talked about and didn't. One was in Tony Atlas's book he wrote that his wife at the time was in the room when the argument took place. I don't know if they even knew about it, or looked into it and couldn't get her to do the show. My guess at the very least was Atlas would have done the show. More than likely they never heard about that detail of it, which is a shame.
    Whoa! Thiis is the second wrestling-related killing Atlas has been in proximity to.

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Charlotte Flair For The Gold

Watching that Snuka episode that police chief was a real piece of ****. This Frederick Conjour acts like all of this information is new to him and that even though the coroner suggested it should be investigated as a homicide, the police did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Welcome back! How have you been?

It ruined Dr. Death as well. He more than likely would have gotten a run against Stone Cold and that all ended with that match. I never understood why they fed Bart Gunn to Butterbean either, you knew at the time he was going to destroy him. It made sense though when they said Vince didn't want to push Bart and it was a way to squash him. I also found it interesting that Butterbean said he would have had a chance if he would have tried a take down on him instead of just boxing him.
    All good here Dmac, hope you're doing well and staying safe too!

Looking back it is INSANE they put a trained boxer against one of their talents, showing complete disregard for his well-being. They are lucky he didn't get terribly hurt given the rocking he took.

The Dino Bravo story is intriguing and was looking forward to the episode, but I was a little bored to be honest. Not so much interested in the Dave Schultz episode next.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast