Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Spike Lee says he is being "harassed by Dolan "

It seemed like everything was smoothed over between director and New York Knicks superfan Spike Lee after video showed him yelling at security in the tunnels below Madison Square Garden.

The Knicks said that Lee had used the wrong entrance to get into Monday night’s game, and that he hadn’t been tossed from the arena and he was in his usual seat.

But that’s not what happened, according to Lee, who appeared on ESPN’s First Take on Tuesday morning.

He said he’s used the employees’ entrance for over 20 years to get into games, and when he got off an elevator, security was waiting for him and told him he needed to use a different entrance. He claimed he had already had his ticket scanned and was worried he wouldn’t be allowed in for a second time.

I’m being harassed by James Dolan, I don’t know why” he said, before disputing what the Knicks had claimed happened — that he and Lee had a laugh and a handshake over it at halftime.

“It’s Garden spin,” he added.

Spike also said he isn't going to another game this year

https://mobile.twitter.com/BroTalkLi...deo-first-take this is the video from last night

After a good win and Leon Rose first day on the job and in the building this is just bad press

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNf2fbBJbs0
    Last edited by Praise_Di_Yute; 03-03-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Spike and Dolan are self entitled sensitive babies.

Uptown problems... 0 cares being given

Security guards at MSG having a bad run as of late, poor guys haha.

Feel more bad for Spike than I do Dolan or MSG security

Here's the thing. Whether or not you're a celebrity, ALL season ticket holders court side or glass (hockey) MSG has a specific entrance for VIP.

ONLY Spike uses the employee entrance. Probably like New York of old, back when New York had the "Who you know" barter system, Spike would use that entrance. Brave new world. In this corporate I'll sue you for breathing wrong...IF Spike goes through the employee entrance and there is no security entrance and some crackpot hurts him...that's Jerome James money in a law suit.

At the same time, I can't believe MSG hasn't taken care of this problem sooner. This is what happens when preferential treatment is shown.

Shockingly the Knicks never considered Spike Lee but Steve Stoute as their ambassador. Steve Stoute. Grabriel from the Walking Dead.

Only the Knicks...

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Feel more bad for Spike than I do Dolan or MSG security
    Security is just 9 to 5 Joes. Agree to disagree. Feel bad Spike relegated to VIP entrance? No thanks

Knicks have their best game of the season and today's story is about Spike.

The only thing that changed since the last time he took that elevator is yesterday was the first game spike attended since Leon rose took office .
    You have to wonder if there’s any bad blood there .

Is Spike an employee? Why the employee entrance? Just asking. Maybe I am just getting old but why can’t people follow simple rules.

Shoot, they change stuff at my job all the time and I am an employee!

I saw the first take clip, and Spike really was trying to play the drama up. They asked you to come through a VIP entrance, not insulted your mama.

Seems he couldn’t wait to throw that “arrest me like my brother Charles Oakley” bit in there..

Knicks statement below
    Last edited by still a fan; 03-04-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Ok guess it was Dolan lol...........but I love the Knicks came out with this statement:

See now Spike needs to go.........

Ian Begley‏Verified account @IanBegley · 1h1 hour ago
    Ian Begley Retweeted SNY

In an interview with @TMKSESPN, Spike Lee says the public back-and-forth between he and the Knicks this week and Charles Oakley in 2017 have/will hurt New York in free agency:

Spike is acting like a petulant child. When he actually outlined his beef out loud on First Take he sounded like an entitled little brat. "They wanted ME to walk from 33rd street to 31st street and use the VIP entrance!?!?!?". Then saying he didn't shake Dolan's hand just to have the picture leak. I mean come on.

That said, this is really the last thing the Knicks need right now. Smooth PR should be a primary focus for these guys right now, not childish tit-for-tat's and doubling down on "principle" when it comes with unnecessary drama.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast