Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    You challenged me on "growing pains" and i offered you perspective. I mentioned 16/17 to set up my main point, that to some degree their two best players lack experience and the level of expectations is a little unrealistic. They are closer to the 17/18 season than they are to last year because of who they lost. Butler, in particular, accelerated their build, but they lose him along with Redick the following season. We know that adding Horford was met with some skepticism, especially since it didn't seem like a very good fit and we are now seeing that. Their struggles this season are not that surprising. Try adding some context.
    What context is there to add beyond regular season record, seeding results, and playoff outcomes?

I've given a very clear explanation of my litmus test for growth, and you've done essentially nothing to rebuttal this.

It seems you're caught up discussing the career timeline of Embiid and Simmons and their individual development timeline and untapped potential instead of discussing head on what this topic is about which is the team's results (or lack thereof).

To make a simple analogy... If I graduated with my computer science degree and started working with a company. I started off making $30k processing tech support tickets and simply distributing repair requests in year 1. I learned a little bit more and by year 2 I did troubleshooting via phone and email, and still made $30k. By year 3 I was actually repairing computers, tablets and phones, and still made the same $30k salary. Wouldn't I be a fool to tell anyone my career has grown?

What's worse comparing this analogy to the 76ers is I don't even believe individually these guys have grown significantly. Simmons' shooting efficiency has risen while his WS & VORP have consistently declined all 3 seasons in the league. Embiid has improved and now regressed.

Your argument holds no weight.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    What context is there to add beyond regular season record, seeding results, and playoff outcomes?

I've given a very clear explanation of my litmus test for growth, and you've done essentially nothing to rebuttal this.

It seems you're caught up discussing the career timeline of Embiid and Simmons and their individual development timeline and untapped potential instead of discussing head on what this topic is about which is the team's results (or lack thereof).

To make a simple analogy... If I graduated with my computer science degree and started working with a company. I started off making $30k processing tech support tickets and simply distributing repair requests in year 1. I learned a little bit more and by year 2 I did troubleshooting via phone and email, and still made $30k. By year 3 I was actually repairing computers, tablets and phones, and still made the same $30k salary. Wouldn't I be a fool to tell anyone my career has grown?

What's worse comparing this analogy to the 76ers is I don't even believe individually these guys have grown significantly. Simmons' shooting efficiency has risen while his WS & VORP have consistently declined all 3 seasons in the league. Embiid has improved and now regressed.

Does it hold water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

You don't think there is a connection between their development and team success?
    Last edited by aman_13; 03-08-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They aren't young though lol *in playing age, not worldly age*

Furthermore, if you believe 10-24 is the worst road record in 65 years without context *to their best in the league home record* then idk what to tell ya, this was a lost cause from jump street.

As far as your perspective I don't really care for the analysis and how you reached that conclusion, that's something you and beasted can discuss.
    Nice strawman.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Nice strawman.
    It's not a straw man, i bring to your attention that the 76ers have the best home record in the NBA and you say "so?" Then double down on it by saying "What is the significance of stating their home record?"

It's not a straw man if these are things you have actually said

It's not a straw man, i bring to your attention that the 76ers have the best home record in the NBA and you say "so?" Then double down on it by saying "What is the significance of stating their home record?"

It's not a straw man if these are things you have actually said
    lol keep facepalming kid. I'm talking to the wall with you. I asked you why you were stating their home record in response to my post? What did it have to to with what i was saying in that post? We know that they play a lot better at home. The road record is indicative of underlying issues with the team, the writer touches on how it is concerning.
    Last edited by aman_13; 03-08-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Sixers have beat 1 above .500 team on the road
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

lol keep facepalming kid. I'm talking to the wall with you. I asked you why you were stating their home record in response to my post? What did it have to to with what i was saying in that post? We know that they play a lot better at home. The road record is indicative of underlying issues with the team, the writer touches on how it is concerning.
    When you say "Their struggles this season are not that surprising." I think it's very relevant to inform you of their league best home record so you can construct a more informed, well rounded and educated opinion.

But coming from the guy who thinks the 76ers have a young core and went as far as to bring up their age in the context of the world not the sport they play, guess I shouldn't expect much... Right, you're the one talking to a wall

When you say "Their struggles this season are not that surprising." I think it's very relevant to inform you of their league best home record so you can construct a more informed, well rounded and educated opinion.

But coming from the guy who thinks the 76ers have a young core and went as far as to bring up their age in the context of the world not the sport they play, guess I shouldn't expect much... Right, you're the one talking to a wall
    Right, because their road record is not indicative of any struggles this season. The home record doesn't change what i'm stating. Learning a lot about you.
    Last edited by aman_13; 03-08-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Right, because their road record is not indicative of any struggles this season. Learning a lot about you.
    Now THAT is the definition of a strawman lulz

Obviously they struggle on the road but is it lack of cohesiveness or lack of focus? Potentially poor scheduling or even Brett Brown took blame for maybe lack of preparation.

But when they have the best home record in the NBA I don't think its fair nor an informed opinion to say "herp derp young core going through growing pains." It's a very lazy take and also wrong

And lol at the second part of your post. Maybe you are a troll, i'm not too familiar with your username but from the two discussions i have had with you, i now know not to engage.

Now THAT is the definition of a strawman lulz

Obviously they struggle on the road but is it lack of cohesiveness or lack of focus? Potentially poor scheduling or even Brett Brown took blame for maybe lack of preparation.

But when they have the best home record in the NBA I don't think its fair nor an informed opinion to say "herp derp young core going through growing pains." It's a very lazy take and also wrong
    This back and forth isn't going anywhere. There is a huge disconnect here.

You don't think there is a connection between their development and team success?
    If individually they're growing and improving every year the team's results should also grow and improve.

They clearly don't elevate their teammates because despite whatever individual improvement it's done nothing for improving the team.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345