Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He's 23 he has a lot of time to work on his shot. Also Bret Brown could easily get fired.

    You put a lot of emphasis on one player. Horford isn't exactly untradeable. There's already rumors that the Warriors could target him for example.
    As the young guys (Kork and Thyb) get better Horfords decline is just going to offset it. That’s why I put emphasis on it.

    For who, Wiggins? Does that improve the Sixers adding a guy who doesn’t try or play defense and is a very streaky shooter?

    Simmons-Jrich-Wiggins-Harris-Embiid all streaky shooters or non-shooters. You sit in a zone and pick them apart.

    Simmons isn’t adding a jumpshot, he’s made that very clear
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    As the young guys (Kork and Thyb) get better Horfords decline is just going to offset it. That’s why I put emphasis on it.

    For who, Wiggins? Does that improve the Sixers adding a guy who doesn’t try or play defense and is a very streaky shooter?

    Simmons-Jrich-Wiggins-Harris-Embiid all streaky shooters or non-shooters. You sit in a zone and pick them apart.

    Simmons isn’t adding a jumpshot, he’s made that very clear
    Just an example. Warriors arent necessarily their only option.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Just an example. Warriors arent necessarily their only option.
    Who would trade for him that makes any bit of sense though?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Who would trade for him that makes any bit of sense though?
    Off the top of my head, the Rockets could make a lot of sense.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Off the top of my head, the Rockets could make a lot of sense.
    Money wise it would take Gordon and Covington, I don’t think they would do that
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,808
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Lame take. Growing pains would infer there's been growth.

    Yet there's been little to no improvement over the last 3 years as a team. This year there might be regression. They are stuck in the 3-5 seed cycle.
    You are saying that they showed no growth in the last 3 years? I disagree. You have a narrowed view on the term btw.

    They went from a non playoff team to a top 3 finish in the last two years. Embiid was in his rookie season in the 16-17 season and only played 31 games. He didnt play a full season until two years ago.

    Maybe it's the immense talent that has some of you losing perspective but I'm not surprised that Embiid and Simmons show a lack of experience at times.


    Adding Butler and Harris elevated them to a championship contender last season but I dont believe Simmons and Embiid were quiet as ready to take that next step. It was evident in how volatile their performances were from game to game in the second round.

    I think they will be dangerous come playoff time but if they fall short again, they don't need to make drastic changes. Embiid and Simmons should be trusted to figure it out. They have a window to get it done.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,955
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    You are saying that they showed no growth in the last 3 years? I disagree. You have a narrowed view on the term btw.

    They went from a non playoff team to a top 3 finish in the last two years. Embiid was in his rookie season in the 16-17 season and only played 31 games. He didnt play a full season until two years ago.

    Maybe it's the immense talent that has some of you losing perspective but I'm not surprised that Embiid and Simmons show a lack of experience at times.


    Adding Butler and Harris elevated them to a championship contender last season but I dont believe Simmons and Embiid were quiet as ready to take that next step. It was evident in how volatile their performances were from game to game in the second round.

    I think they will be dangerous come playoff time but if they fall short again, they don't need to make drastic changes. Embiid and Simmons should be trusted to figure it out. They have a window to get it done.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Reading is fundamental. It's already well known they made significant growth from 16/17 to 17/18. But through the last 3 seasons they haven't grown.

    17/18 season, 52-30, 3rd seed, 2nd round exit
    18/19 season, 51-31, 3rd seed, 2nd round exit
    19/20 season on pace for around 50-32, 5th seed, and most would be shocked if Philly made it past the 2nd round.

    You probably don't make drastic changes to a team regularly winning around 50 games and it's 3 main core players all 27 or younger. But none of this changes the plain TRUTH they haven't shown growth over these 3 seasons.
    Last edited by beasted86; 03-07-2020 at 07:07 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,808
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Reading is fundamental. It's already well known they made significant growth from 16/17 to 17/18. But through the last 3 seasons they haven't grown.

    17/18 season, 52-30, 3rd seed, 2nd round exit
    18/19 season, 51-31, 3rd seed, 2nd round exit
    19/20 season on pace for around 50-32, 5th seed, and most would be shocked if Philly made it past the 2nd round.

    You probably don't make drastic changes to a team regularly winning around 50 games and it's 3 main core players all 27 or younger. But none of this changes the plain TRUTH they haven't shown growth over these 3 seasons.

    You challenged me on "growing pains" and i offered you perspective. I mentioned 16/17 to set up my main point, that to some degree their two best players lack experience and the level of expectations is a little unrealistic. They are closer to the 17/18 season than they are to last year because of who they lost. Butler, in particular, accelerated their build, but they lose him along with Redick the following season. We know that adding Horford was met with some skepticism, especially since it didn't seem like a very good fit and we are now seeing that. Their struggles this season are not that surprising. Try adding some context.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    You challenged me on "growing pains" and i offered you perspective. I mentioned 16/17 to set up my main point, that to some degree their two best players lack experience and the level of expectations is a little unrealistic. They are closer to the 17/18 season than they are to last year because of who they lost. Butler, in particular, accelerated their build, but they lose him along with Redick the following season. We know that adding Horford was met with some skepticism, especially since it didn't seem like a very good fit and we are now seeing that. Their struggles this season are not that surprising. Try adding some context.
    76ers are the best home team in the NBA lol

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    76ers are the best home team in the NBA lol
    So?

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    So?

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    What is the significance of stating their home record? You started this thread to point out that they are the worst away team since 55. They are obviously not playing to the expectations that some set for them. Their road record and their overall position in the standings is indicative of that.
    Last edited by aman_13; 03-07-2020 at 11:33 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    What is the significance of stating their home record? You started this thread to point out that they are the worst away team since 55. They are obviously not playing to the expectations that some set for them. Their road record and their overall position in the standings is indicative of that.
    You obviously didn't read the article or the original post.

    It's in relation to their home record, therefore it's very significant to not only mention it but acknowledg it.

    Furthermore it completely pokes a hole in your narrative, the one you have been pushing all along.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    You obviously didn't read the article or the original post.

    It's in relation to their home record, therefore it's very significant to not only mention it but acknowledg it.

    Furthermore it completely pokes a hole in your narrative, the one you have been pushing all along.
    Yes and i responded by saying that it is a result of a young team experiencing growing pains. You pushed back on the team being young, we disagreed, and then i offered perspective on why the expectations should be altered. Their road record is a significant concern and the writer acknowledged that.
    Last edited by aman_13; 03-08-2020 at 12:28 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,501
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yes and i responded by saying that it is a result of a young team experiencing growing pains. You pushed back on the team being young, we disagreed, and then i offered perspective on why the expectations should be altered. Their road record is a significant concern and the writer acknowledged that.
    They aren't young though lol *in playing age, not worldly age*

    Furthermore, if you believe 10-24 is the worst road record in 65 years without context *to their best in the league home record* then idk what to tell ya, this was a lost cause from jump street.

    As far as your perspective I don't really care for the analysis and how you reached that conclusion, that's something you and beasted can discuss.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •