Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    They’re all in their prime or beyond other than Simmons Kork and Thyb so I consider that a team that needs to win now. They need to win now even more so because of what I’ve said about Horfords contract and how it gets worse as he gets older and how it’s handicapping the team for 3 years after this one and wasting 3 years of those guys primes. Embiid doesn’t have 3 years to waste, he’s 25 but his window of being elite is probably 5 years.
    Embiid is 25 bro. Giannis, Jokic, Siakam are also 25 years old. You don't consider them young? Duncan Robinson is 25, you don't consider him young?

Simmons, Thyb, and Kork haven't entered their prime at all. They are all younger than Kendrick Nunn. Just to put it in to perspective.

Harris and Richardson have entered their prime, but at 26 and 27 I wouldn't say they are old as they both likely have about 9-10 years left. Considering players are playing well passed 35 these days. Hell Iggy just got a 3 year contract at the age of 36.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Embiid is 25 bro. Giannis, Jokic, Siakam are also 25 years old. You don't consider them young? Duncan Robinson is 25, you don't consider him young?

Simmons, Thyb, and Kork haven't entered their prime at all. They are all younger than Kendrick Nunn. Just to put it in to perspective.

Harris and Richardson have entered their prime, but at 26 and 27 I wouldn't say they are old as they both likely have about 9-10 years left. Considering players are playing well passed 35 these days. Hell Iggy just got a 3 year contract at the age of 36.
    Embiid will not be playing at 35, if he is he’ll be a corpse. To win a championship you need to have 2 elite players pretty much. Embiid has 5 years of being elite then he’s just a max contract, their time is now. Idc about their ages brother they have a 5 year window regardless of it because when Embiid declines it’s a wrap for their championship hopes.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Embiid will not be playing at 35, if he is he’ll be a corpse. To win a championship you need to have 2 elite players pretty much. Embiid has 5 years of being elite then he’s just a max contract, their time is now. Idc about their ages brother they have a 5 year window regardless of it because when Embiid declines it’s a wrap for their championship hopes.
    a 5 year window is a pretty big window my guy... Also that's with us presuming that Embiid will be a shell of himself by the time he is at Butler's age? if he is still good at 31, 32 (which isn't old at all) that gives them a 7 year window. If I were to guess I would say he starts declining at 32,33. Serge Ibaka is having his best season at age 30.

I was the first one to say that the Horford signing was a terrible move for the 6ers, I actually thought Brand had lost his mind when he signed him to that contract.

But that wasn't what Aman13 was talking about at all. C'mon bro you think with Simmons being 23 and Embiid being 25, and Kork & thyb being 22 & 23 and then Richardson and Harris being 26 & 27, that's not considered a fairly young core?

Why are you basing this off of one player?
    I don't think he understands the concept of a window

a 5 year window is a pretty big window my guy... Also that's with us presuming that Embiid will be a shell of himself by the time he is at Butler's age? if he is still good at 31, 32 (which isn't old at all) that gives them a 7 year window. If I were to guess I would say he starts declining at 32,33. Serge Ibaka is having his best season at age 30.
    We’ll see, when you’re handicapped and cutting that window off by 3 years due to 2 terrible massive contracts it makes it even worse.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I don't think he understands the concept of a window
    Nah I do but thanks

8/24/2

I didn't realize Harris contract was so high, holy ****
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 03-06-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Arbitrarily? Cuz I included Thyb and Kork? Ask Sixers fans about those two.

The years a player plays in the league accounts for experience. Embiid and Simmons are not pups but they haven't been playing that long. I dont know how old you are, maybe you are a kid but 23, 25 and 26 is young. They will have plenty of years to make a run at it and will have the ability to alter how they want to build around those two.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    I know who they are bro but my memory isn't short enough where I forgot Kork requested a trade last season. Also, excuse me if I don't include a 22 and 23 year old guys when under Brett Brown's tenure they have traded/waived guys such as Michael Carter-Williams, Pierre Jackson, Jerami Grant, Dario Šarić, Richaun Holmes, Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas, Nerlens Noel, Justin Anderson, Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot, Sterling Brown, Jonah Bolden, Markelle Fultz, Landry Shamet, K. J. McDaniels, Robert Covington, Mike Muscala, Justin Patton, Alexey Shved, Kendall Marshall etc.

Trying to compare playing age to worldy age is absolutely comical. Vince Carter is 43 and thats a damn dinosaur in playing age but in the real world, that's not all that old. I'll give you this little tidbit that you may or may not have known, the average career for an NBA player is 4.5 seasons. The Carters, Kobes, Dirks, Duncans, Lebrons are rare, most guys aren't getting the privilege to play that long.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I know who they are bro but my memory isn't short enough where I forgot Kork requested a trade last season. Also, excuse me if I don't include a 22 and 23 year old guys when under Brett Brown's tenure they have traded/waived guys such as Michael Carter-Williams, Pierre Jackson, Jerami Grant, Dario Šarić, Richaun Holmes, Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas, Nerlens Noel, Justin Anderson, Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot, Sterling Brown, Jonah Bolden, Markelle Fultz, Landry Shamet, K. J. McDaniels, Robert Covington, Mike Muscala, Justin Patton, Alexey Shved, Kendall Marshall etc.

Trying to compare playing age to worldy age is absolutely comical. Vince Carter is 43 and thats a damn dinosaur in playing age but in the real world, that's not all that old. I'll give you this little tidbit that you may or may not have known, the average career for an NBA player is 4.5 seasons. The Carters, Kobes, Dirks, Duncans, Lebrons are rare, most guys aren't getting the privilege to play that long.
    Wow looking back at what the 6ers fans went through during the process.. Crazy

getting rid of horford is actually possible and not as far fetched as some of you think... Kevin love would be an interesting option for us... also john wall.. i hate john wall but he cant be worse then horford.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Who would have thunk? A young core going through growing pains.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Lame take. Growing pains would infer there's been growth.

Yet there's been little to no improvement over the last 3 years as a team. This year there might be regression. They are stuck in the 3-5 seed cycle.
    Last edited by beasted86; 03-06-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    getting rid of horford is actually possible and not as far fetched as some of you think... Kevin love would be an interesting option for us... also john wall.. i hate john wall but he cant be worse then horford.
    You better jump on the Knicks and throw them Horford and assets before they trade for CP3 this summer. They’re probably the only team dumb enough to do it. I would say maybe the Mavs would be interested but I don’t think they’re going to ruin their 2021 cap space for him as I don’t think he puts them over the top but I could be wrong. They’d probably rather have Love.

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Lame take. Growing pains would infer there's been growth.

Yet there's been little to no improvement over the last 3 years as a team. This year there might be regression. They are stuck in the 3-5 seed cycle.
    He's just stating that their core players are still pretty young and have room to grow. Especially Simmons.

He's just stating that their core players are still pretty young and have room to grow. Especially Simmons.
    With Simmons refusing to add a jump shot how much better can he really get? How much more can Embiid improve under Brown and playing next to Simmons? Will Korkmaz and Thybs growth improve the team when compared to Horfords decline and dead weight contract?

There’s a lot of different factors out there.

8/24/2

With Simmons refusing to add a jump shot how much better can he really get? How much more can Embiid improve under Brown and playing next to Simmons? Will Korkmaz and Thybs growth improve the team when compared to Horfords decline and dead weight contract?

There’s a lot of different factors out there.
    He's 23 he has a lot of time to work on his shot. Also Bret Brown could easily get fired.

You put a lot of emphasis on one player. Horford isn't exactly untradeable. There's already rumors that the Warriors could target him for example. Im not even a 6ers fan, but you all jumping down Aman's throat for suggesting that the team is fairly young and can still improve is kind of ridiculous.

I will say, I said before the season even started that Horford should have never been on Brands watch list. That was the biggest head scratcher move Ive seen him make. To max out Harris and then go and offer a huge contract to an aging player that plays the same position as him or Embiid was a huge mistake. Theres no question about it. But we need to be able to stay on topic too. Simmons and Embiid still being very young really has nothing to do with Horfords disgusting contract.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 03-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast