Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Thanks, I try and understand the rules of free agency, I really like fckn playing GM. Hobby sorta lol...

But for reals though, I believe the FO plays just as much into a championship as the players. Coaches taking third and medical/trainers 4th.

As for the off season, I think there will be a 2 team race for Howard's services, us and the Clippers. Us being his 1st choice but the Clippers IMO can be very appealing to him playing the exact same role. I think the Clippers will be more then willing to let Harrell walk and replace him with Howard for probably a third of the price.

Kieff I think it will be mostly about money. I think he goes where the grass is greener. IMO it would help our chances a lot if the Clippers were to re-sign Marcus. I think maybe then he'll probably take a little less from us to stay close to his brother.

Re-signing these 2 should be our top priority IMO.
    Well put. It will be interesting if there is still mutual interest with DMC. Howard would be the odd man out but if he signs with the Clips then that team will have no holes. Kind of scary. Maybe we sign all three centers and DMC plays very little just getting his feet wet rehabbing throughout the season.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Well put. It will be interesting if there is still mutual interest with DMC. Howard would be the odd man out but if he signs with the Clips then that team will have no holes. Kind of scary. Maybe we sign all three centers and DMC plays very little just getting his feet wet rehabbing throughout the season.
    Unless DMC were to take the vet minimum IMO we should move on from him. That's the only way I would take a chance on him. He's had great individual (statistical) seasons by him being so ball dominant, I don't think his game translates well as a role player. He's never been a great defender nor help defender, average at best. His lateral movement has to be shot to hell now. I think he would be as big a burden defensively on the rest of the team as Daniels and Cook were. OMG imagine him and Cook on the court at the same time lol....

Unless DMC were to take the vet minimum IMO we should move on from him. That's the only way I would take a chance on him. He's had great individual (statistical) seasons by him being so ball dominant, I don't think his game translates well as a role player. He's never been a great defender nor help defender, average at best. His lateral movement has to be shot to hell now. I think he would be as big a burden defensively on the rest of the team as Daniels and Cook were. OMG imagine him and Cook on the court at the same time lol....

Lullz. I was just speculating because there was a report earlier that said that both sides had a mutual interest. I agree with you. I don't know how he can be any type of a defender with all those leg injuries. Off the bench as a stretch 5 is the best he can hope for unless he proves himself otherwise. I think he will sign for the vets min with us and gives it a last go at his career. It seemed like our culture was a healthy culture for him to be around and there is familiarity with him and the rest of the players. One thing to consider is that if this season is a bust. If so, then I feel that the whole group will be back to prove that this year was not a fluke and go for the chip again.

[/B]

Lullz. I was just speculating because there was a report earlier that said that both sides had a mutual interest. I agree with you. I don't know how he can be any type of a defender with all those leg injuries. Off the bench as a stretch 5 is the best he can hope for unless he proves himself otherwise. I think he will sign for the vets min with us and gives it a last go at his career. It seemed like our culture was a healthy culture for him to be around and there is familiarity with him and the rest of the players. One thing to consider is that if this season is a bust. If so, then I feel that the whole group will be back to prove that this year was not a fluke and go for the chip again.
    With all the money that has already been lost and will continue to be lost AND with how close we are to a championship, IMO every single roster spot is too valuable to take a chance on DMC.

I read about the mutual interest by both parties but after that I read that DMC might go looking for the most money out there. Also read another article saying that if we do re-sign Howard that DMC is most likely odd man out.

Honestly, for the same money I'd rather sign Mahinmi. He's coming off a $72 million dollar contract on a crap team, he might decide to go to a title contender on a minimum contract. I know he doesn't woo anybody but for the role we need our Cs to play, he fits just fine. Also don't think he's a player to complain about role or PT.

With all the money that has already been lost and will continue to be lost AND with how close we are to a championship, IMO every single roster spot is too valuable to take a chance on DMC.

I read about the mutual interest by both parties but after that I read that DMC might go looking for the most money out there. Also read another article saying that if we do re-sign Howard that DMC is most likely odd man out.

Honestly, for the same money I'd rather sign Mahinmi. He's coming off a $72 million dollar contract on a crap team, he might decide to go to a title contender on a minimum contract. I know he doesn't woo anybody but for the role we need our Cs to play, he fits just fine. Also don't think he's a player to complain about role or PT.
    Point taken. Ya, I don't think DMC will come if both McGee and Howard are here. I was just going off one of the reports I read. He should take the best money. His career might be over, so he should get every penny he can. I don't know if the Lakers will sign a third 5. We already have AD who can and has filled that role. Maybe another shooter? I just hope Dragic is willing to take less to take a backup role here. He would be perfect if he is healthy. I think his contract is up at the end of this season.

Point taken. Ya, I don't think DMC will come if both McGee and Howard are here. I was just going off one of the reports I read. He should take the best money. His career might be over, so he should get every penny he can. I don't know if the Lakers will sign a third 5. We already have AD who can and has filled that role. Maybe another shooter? I just hope Dragic is willing to take less to take a backup role here. He would be perfect if he is healthy. I think his contract is up at the end of this season.
    IMO Dragic is over qualified for what we need from our bench playmaker so he'll be too expensive if we want to bring back both Morris and Howard. He also has a great role in Miami so I don't really see him leaving Miami unless it's for big money. Money we don't have.

As for the Cs, I would really look into getting a C with a vet minimum contract. Not no all NBA player, just someone who can duplicate McGees production. I think Mahinmi could. If we could get Mahinmi on a vet minimum contract and he could equal McGee it would give us an option to trade McGee and his $4.2 million contract without losing much if anything.

McGee, Rondo, draft rights to whomever we draft #29 and a future 1st could probably get us Rose.

Just some thoughts of mine

IMO Dragic is over qualified for what we need from our bench playmaker so he'll be too expensive if we want to bring back both Morris and Howard. He also has a great role in Miami so I don't really see him leaving Miami unless it's for big money. Money we don't have.

As for the Cs, I would really look into getting a C with a vet minimum contract. Not no all NBA player, just someone who can duplicate McGees production. I think Mahinmi could. If we could get Mahinmi on a vet minimum contract and he could equal McGee it would give us an option to trade McGee and his $4.2 million contract without losing much if anything.

McGee, Rondo, draft rights to whomever we draft #29 and a future 1st could probably get us Rose.

Just some thoughts of mine
    Interesting trade scenario. Hate to see McGee go but Rose will plug up any weakness we would have

Rondo and Cook to Philly for Mike Scott

Read last season that Philly was looking to trade for some shooting and they can use a veteran playmaker with championship experience.

We get some wing depth

Lol never happening ^

I proposed this in the NBA forum: Horford and 76ers 2020 1st for Green, KCP, and McGee.

Who says no and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I proposed this in the NBA forum: Horford and 76ers 2020 1st for Green, KCP, and McGee.

Who says no and why?

I don't think the Lakers do it. Horford has one of the worst contracts in the league. I really doubt Pelinka would give up future cap flexibility for a 1st.

A player that I'd love to get in a 3 team trade with Philly and Chicago is Otto Porter. IMO he'd be a perfect starting SG that would compliment LBJ and AD. He's long and a very good defender that can shoot the 3.

Lakers trade KCP, Green, McGee & #28
    Lakers get Porter

76ers trade Horford & #21
    76ers get Green, KCP & McGee

Bulls trade Porter
    Bulls get Horford, #21 & #28

I don't think the Lakers do it. Horford has one of the worst contracts in the league. I really doubt Pelinka would give up future cap flexibility for a 1st.

A player that I'd love to get in a 3 team trade with Philly and Chicago is Otto Porter. IMO he'd be a perfect starting SG that would compliment LBJ and AD. He's long and a very good defender that can shoot the 3.

Lakers trade KCP, Green, McGee & #28
    Lakers get Porter

76ers trade Horford & #21
    76ers get Green, KCP & McGee

Bulls trade Porter
    Bulls get Horford, #21 & #28
    Why would the Bulls want Horfords contract though? They arenít close to contention. I like Porter for us though.

Speak it into existence

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast