Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Lakers are going to be a desirable destination this next season now...for sure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Especially if we win the chip (if the season starts that is to say). We have been playing the right way and have had great coaching and team chemistry. A lot of people would want to be part of that. Our FO reputation is better also.
    Before you guys start guaranteeing that everyone is gonna sign with the Lakers you guys need to realize we won't have any cap space. Only exceptions (room exception and maybe MLE). So players would have to sign for the minimum. Not very likely. Especially with the money lost this season.

We had +$33 million in cap space last season. Can't really say any of our free agents took a discount to sign with us. They were all pretty much market value.

Green $15 million probably a slight overpay but Ariza got the same thing so it's about right

Bradley $4.75 million. Had just got cut from Memphis, had missed like 20+ games per season for the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Rondo wasn't much interest in him, signed for the minimum. Howard the same thing. DMC also didn't have much of a market.

Dudley, Daniels & Cook who cares. McGee was a re-sign but also didn't have much of a market.

Morris was a very late waive by Detroit. We had the most money to offer (I believe only Orlando could've offered more but i never read that they were interested). Also his brother is in LA.

Before the Morris late waive there was about a dozen players waived that alot of us wanted but none even looked our way. And with Morris drastic drop in PT and role I highly doubt he re-signs if the season is cancelled. If the season resumes and he gets a bigger role and more PT then maybe.

I expect pretty much the same team next season with some end of the roster change up.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Looking at our next seasons cap situation closer, we will have about $15 million before reaching the LT. We will already be over the salary cap. So that $15 million is wiggle room to re-sign our own free agents. We won't have that in free agency nor can we use it as a trade exception to take on a larger contract (ex. CP3). In order for us to get CP3 via trade we'd have to send out $30 million-ish in contracts. That'll be at least 5-6 players. I wouldn't do that.
    +1

To much salary for CP3

Before you guys start guaranteeing that everyone is gonna sign with the Lakers you guys need to realize we won't have any cap space. Only exceptions (room exception and maybe MLE). So players would have to sign for the minimum. Not very likely. Especially with the money lost this season.

We had +$33 million in cap space last season. Can't really say any of our free agents took a discount to sign with us. They were all pretty much market value.

Green $15 million probably a slight overpay but Ariza got the same thing so it's about right

Bradley $4.75 million. Had just got cut from Memphis, had missed like 20+ games per season for the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Rondo wasn't much interest in him, signed for the minimum. Howard the same thing. DMC also didn't have much of a market.

Dudley, Daniels & Cook who cares. McGee was a re-sign but also didn't have much of a market.

Morris was a very late waive by Detroit. We had the most money to offer (I believe only Orlando could've offered more but i never read that they were interested). Also his brother is in LA.

Before the Morris late waive there was about a dozen players waived that alot of us wanted but none even looked our way. And with Morris drastic drop in PT and role I highly doubt he re-signs if the season is cancelled. If the season resumes and he gets a bigger role and more PT then maybe.

I expect pretty much the same team next season with some end of the roster change up.
    If Kuz is traded this offseason Markieff will have an increased role with us that will probably make him stay.

#17 for #24

Job's done

Is he finally return to play?

Darren Collison still contemplating comeback

It might be harder if there were games. Collison called it quits on his NBA career last summer, but he waffled in the winter. He considered returning to the court before opting to remain retired. via Brett Dawson @ The Athletic
    Top Rumors, Free Agency, Darren Collison

This rumor is part of a storyline: 47 more rumors

I miss playing, he said, but hes mostly content with that decision. He admitted that if there were a nightly slate of playoff games on TV, walking away might weigh on him more. At 32, he isnt ruling out a comeback someday. via Brett Dawson @ The Athletic
    Lebron is the one!

off course we have to have the cap in mind. I pretty much was mentioning the minimum guys. Our team is pretty set for next year also. I hope Markieff stays. He would be a great guy off the bench. He might stay. You never know. He wanted to come to the Lakers a couple of years but said that the FO was a mess and he didn't want anything to do with that. Also his brother is in LA and they might just both want to stay in LA. He also seems to have very good chemistry with Lebron for some reason.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    If Kuz is traded this offseason Markieff will have an increased role with us that will probably make him stay.
    Was thinking this also. I truly believe that Kuz stays though.

Whatever we do this offseason we have to add another playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Whatever we do this offseason we have to add another playmaker.
    Looks like we're gonna go into free agency with only our 2 exceptions to offer besides league minimums. Their projections were (of course it's lower now but just to get an idea) MLE = $9.75 million & Bi-annual = $4 million. There will be free agents in them price range IMO. The only UFA PG that I believe will be out of our price range is Fred Van Fleet.

Others though that will most likely go in the MLE range I believe will be Teague, Dragic, Clarkson & Jackson.

Some I believe will go in the bi-annual range are Knight, Delladova, Augustin.

Then there's MCW & Napier that I believe will go cheap.

I think money would make him stay. Somewhere in the $5-6 million range. I'd offer him more then half the MLE (more then the bi-annual exception). A little more then his market value. Most likely would have to be a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a PO. Would also help if his brother re-signs with the Clippers.

But then with very limited money to spend who do we prioritize, Morris or Howard? Would be great if 1 would take the full bi-annual exception and the other get some of the MLE and with the remainder of the MLE sign maybe Augustin.

Especially if we win the chip (if the season starts that is to say). We have been playing the right way and have had great coaching and team chemistry. A lot of people would want to be part of that. Our FO reputation is better also.
    off course we have to have the cap in mind. I pretty much was mentioning the minimum guys. Our team is pretty set for next year also. I hope Markieff stays. He would be a great guy off the bench. He might stay. You never know. He wanted to come to the Lakers a couple of years but said that the FO was a mess and he didn't want anything to do with that. Also his brother is in LA and they might just both want to stay in LA. He also seems to have very good chemistry with Lebron for some reason.
    Right before the season got suspended we literally went through that with the buy out market and it seemed no one wanted to go to the Lakers. We got very very lucky that Marcus Morris got traded to the Clippers and when Markieff finally got waived we could offer over $1 million more then any other team (besides Orlando I believe).

I think money would make him stay. Somewhere in the $5-6 million range. I'd offer him more then half the MLE (more then the bi-annual exception). A little more then his market value. Most likely would have to be a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a PO. Would also help if his brother re-signs with the Clippers.

But then with very limited money to spend who do we prioritize, Morris or Howard? Would be great if 1 would take the full bi-annual exception and the other get some of the MLE and with the remainder of the MLE sign maybe Augustin.
    Honestly I want both Dwight and Kieff back, hope we will work this out.

#17 for #24

Job's done

Honestly I want both Dwight and Kieff back, hope we will work this out.
    I really do too. What I'm really hoping for is for Howard to re-sign on a team friendly contract. He has burned bridges at just about every team he's played for. Teams just weren't interested in him anymore. I'm hoping he really appreciates the chance he was given with us and really wants to come back. But we don't hold his full bird rights nor do we have cap space. We will have both of our exceptions. If only he were to re-sign off his current contract (I think it's called early bird) we wouldn't need to use either exception on him. I believe he can re-sign at 150% of his current contract which will be at about $3.75 million for him.

That would leave us with way more then enough money to re-sign Kieff and a play maker. Kieff, being a hothead, has also scared off some teams. Coaches just don't want to deal with a hothead.

I really do too. What I'm really hoping for is for Howard to re-sign on a team friendly contract. He has burned bridges at just about every team he's played for. Teams just weren't interested in him anymore. I'm hoping he really appreciates the chance he was given with us and really wants to come back. But we don't hold his full bird rights nor do we have cap space. We will have both of our exceptions. If only he were to re-sign off his current contract (I think it's called early bird) we wouldn't need to use either exception on him. I believe he can re-sign at 150% of his current contract which will be at about $3.75 million for him.

That would leave us with way more then enough money to re-sign Kieff and a play maker. Kieff, being a hothead, has also scared off some teams. Coaches just don't want to deal with a hothead.
    100% agree.

#17 for #24

Job's done

Great posts by Tex. Thanks for your analysis. Im no means a cap guy nor pay much attention to the free agent market. Thanks for your posts again.

Great posts by Tex. Thanks for your analysis. Im no means a cap guy nor pay much attention to the free agent market. Thanks for your posts again.
    Thanks, I try and understand the rules of free agency, I really like fckn playing GM. Hobby sorta lol...

But for reals though, I believe the FO plays just as much into a championship as the players. Coaches taking third and medical/trainers 4th.

As for the off season, I think there will be a 2 team race for Howard's services, us and the Clippers. Us being his 1st choice but the Clippers IMO can be very appealing to him playing the exact same role. I think the Clippers will be more then willing to let Harrell walk and replace him with Howard for probably a third of the price.

Kieff I think it will be mostly about money. I think he goes where the grass is greener. IMO it would help our chances a lot if the Clippers were to re-sign Marcus. I think maybe then he'll probably take a little less from us to stay close to his brother.

Re-signing these 2 should be our top priority IMO.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast