Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post
    Do you two even watch Laker basketball, coz you donít understand this squad.
    ?

^^^ Yuk, yuk and yuk. What is your fascination with T.J. McConnell??

Iíd rather keep Green and Kuzma for another tilt at a title rather than jettison them for little return.
    I believe his playmaking skill set is comparable to Rondos. With Rondo being as fragile as he is I believe we need another playmaker. I also believe he could be had for cheap, we actually have the assets to get it done.

I don't think we need this big time playmaker some here think we should target (and also we don't have the assets to trade for). LBJ plays 30 MPG and he's our ball handler in them 30 minutes besides the times AD is going iso. So we really only need a guy that's gonna split the other 18 mins with Rondo and will be satisfied with that being very important. IMO we don't need a me 1st playmaker looking to get his points rather then trying to get everyone else involved.

As for Kuzma, he is what he is - a late 1st round draft pick. Consistently he can be an above average to good scorer capable of having great games on a lottery team. His game doesn't translate to winning. Defensively the same, he's average but sometimes good. He doesn't make anyone around him better. That's why I feel NO took Hart instead of Kuzma, if they wanted Kuzma they'd have him already. The main reason though that I think we should move Kuzma this off season is because the following off season some team is gonna seriously overpay him and we're not gonna match. We will lose him for nothing. I also think his trade value will only get smaller once the season starts.

I keep seeing you mentioned Lonzo and I also think he'd be a very
    good fit but he's another player I don't think we have the assets to get. Then again I think he'd be great with Ingram and Zion so I really don't see NO moving him. What do you think it'll take to get Lonzo?
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Now y'all want Lonzo back especially when y'all were so eager to get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Come to think of it.. he won't be a good fit at all if you bring him back unless he comes off the bench and plays alongside old time running mate Kuz. LBJ/AD would operate well when theyve got a couple of 3/D wingmen who can shoot, a big who can defend and itd be a bonus if he could shoot too.

Weve seen how unbeatable this team would be when they hit their 3s. They've got to go for gunners this offseason.

Lakers can always go after Kevin Love, LeBron's old running mate in Cleveland

Lakers can always go after Kevin Love, LeBron's old running mate in Cleveland
    Expensive and gets hurt a lot. We need an actual younger pg that can take over games with Davis.
    Lebron is the one!

Packed his bags and gave him a ride to the airport myself for Anthony Davis
    Last edited by GREATNESS ONE; 10-07-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Do you two even watch Laker basketball, coz you donít understand this squad.
    Heís a Toronto fan lol

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I believe his playmaking skill set is comparable to Rondos. With Rondo being as fragile as he is I believe we need another playmaker. I also believe he could be had for cheap, we actually have the assets to get it done.

I don't think we need this big time playmaker some here think we should target (and also we don't have the assets to trade for). LBJ plays 30 MPG and he's our ball handler in them 30 minutes besides the times AD is going iso. So we really only need a guy that's gonna split the other 18 mins with Rondo and will be satisfied with that being very important. IMO we don't need a me 1st playmaker looking to get his points rather then trying to get everyone else involved.

As for Kuzma, he is what he is - a late 1st round draft pick. Consistently he can be an above average to good scorer capable of having great games on a lottery team. His game doesn't translate to winning. Defensively the same, he's average but sometimes good. He doesn't make anyone around him better. That's why I feel NO took Hart instead of Kuzma, if they wanted Kuzma they'd have him already. The main reason though that I think we should move Kuzma this off season is because the following off season some team is gonna seriously overpay him and we're not gonna match. We will lose him for nothing. I also think his trade value will only get smaller once the season starts.

I keep seeing you mentioned Lonzo and I also think he'd be a very
    good fit but he's another player I don't think we have the assets to get. Then again I think he'd be great with Ingram and Zion so I really don't see NO moving him. What do you think it'll take to get Lonzo?
    Iíll answer this sensible post. The other two are just non-sensical.

TJ v Rondo. Rondo is currently on less, yeah heís up there in age but he has been dynamic in these finals and he has a chemistry you donít just have, you build. I fully think we get DMC next year and thatís another he has a great connection with. He also has the ear of LBJ and AD. Rondo is also not slowing down, did you see how fit he was, and he is seriously a top level ball handler and distributor, and is improving from the 3. Heís perfect for this squad as it is currently made up. Did I mention, very cheap for what he offers.

Kuz - I get a lot of your points, especially losing him for nothing, but I disagree on the NOP not wanting him. We fought to keep him, he was going to be our #3. Id be trading him because he has strong trade value in my eyes and we have other pieces that arenít necessary. I also think Kuz will be very happy to collect a ring then move on. Heís not happy being yelled at every game, but heís just a kid.

Lonzo - well I hated seeing Lonzo going personally. In this current run and gun and full on defensive unit, heís perfect. He and LBJ also had a strong connection. He could be our Danny Green, he has the size to play 1,2 and 3 and is mega quick. Heís underperforming in NOP and not enjoying it, and it canít be understated that heís now joined Klutch. BI is now their primary ball handler. To get Lonzo, I think should be a package with JJ, we need a gunner, the cost - Kuz, Danny, THT, 28 and potentially a little more. NOP do it as they can potentially build one of the greatest young rosters ever if they move Holiday to BKN. Thatís getting them 2 guards in which makes Lonzo even more gettable. I just think heís a great fit when you watch our swarming D under Vogel and then the uptempo offense that follows.

But primarily, Iím convinced that Balmer wouldnít be unhappy to get out from under PGís contract after an underperforming year and bag a sway of complimentary pieces that we could offer. Kawhi and Danny played exceptional in TOR together and Kuz could be a good 3rd/4th option along with Marcus. Thereís other filler we could offer also. PG and AD going forward would be massive.

TJ v Rondo. Rondo is currently on less, yeah heís up there in age but he has been dynamic in these finals and he has a chemistry you donít just have, you build. I fully think we get DMC next year and thatís another he has a great connection with. He also has the ear of LBJ and AD. Rondo is also not slowing down, did you see how fit he was, and he is seriously a top level ball handler and distributor, and is improving from the 3. Heís perfect for this squad as it is currently made up. Did I mention, very cheap for what he offers.

Kuz - I get a lot of your points, especially losing him for nothing, but I disagree on the NOP not wanting him. We fought to keep him, he was going to be our #3. Id be trading him because he has strong trade value in my eyes and we have other pieces that arenít necessary. I also think Kuz will be very happy to collect a ring then move on. Heís not happy being yelled at every game, but heís just a kid.

Lonzo - well I hated seeing Lonzo going personally. In this current run and gun and full on defensive unit, heís perfect. He and LBJ also had a strong connection. He could be our Danny Green, he has the size to play 1,2 and 3 and is mega quick. Heís underperforming in NOP and not enjoying it, and it canít be understated that heís now joined Klutch. BI is now their primary ball handler. To get Lonzo, I think should be a package with JJ, we need a gunner, the cost - Kuz, Danny, THT, 28 and potentially a little more. NOP do it as they can potentially build one of the greatest young rosters ever if they move Holiday to BKN. Thatís getting them 2 guards in which makes Lonzo even more gettable. I just think heís a great fit when you watch our swarming D under Vogel and then the uptempo offense that follows.

But primarily, Iím convinced that Balmer wouldnít be unhappy to get out from under PGís contract after an underperforming year and bag a sway of complimentary pieces that we could offer. Kawhi and Danny played exceptional in TOR together and Kuz could be a good 3rd/4th option along with Marcus. Thereís other filler we could offer also. PG and AD going forward would be massive.
    Kuzma and Green it is plus two picks for one star or two strong vets. Pelinka will deliver, because he has Klutch which is owned secretly by Lebron.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Kuzma and Green it is plus two picks for one star or two strong vets. Pelinka will deliver, because he has Klutch which is owned secretly by Lebron.
    Anyone who doesnít think Lebron is deep into Klutch management is short sighted. Their stable will continue to grow because of his influence.

I think its important to get another ball handler. While i like Lebron hes not young anymore. Geting around quicker guys seem to be a bit of a challenge at times. too much standing on top key then settle for a long 3 pointer. I think they need a speedy playmaking guard like the quality Rondo brings. Kyle Lowry is a good vet but may be to expensive. Van Vleet would be a good sign but again may be to expensive.

Kuzma, Tucker, Green, for Lavine

First off it wouldn't be Rondo vrs TJ, it would be Rondo + TJ. I didn't say anything about TJ replacing Rondo, I said TJ as our 3rd playmaker. Also as insurance when Rondo gets hurt. With Rondo it's not a matter if Rondo will miss games next season, it's how many. Rondo has always been one of the most physically fit players in the NBA, that still doesn't stop him from getting hurt.

Then the trade I brought up wasn't TJ for Kuzma straight up, it was Kuzma & Cook for TJ & Bjelica. What's not to like about Bjelica? He shot .481 overall .419 from three (both above league averages). He has shot over .400 from 3 the last three years. And these %s are as a starter going against other starters. Kuzma played most of his mins as a back up going against other reserves and he only shot .436 overall and .316 from three. Both %s below league averages. If he really is this scorer you make him out to be shouldn't he be killing it against reserves? He doesn't even score at an NBA average rate. TJ who you say yuk to shot .516 this past season and dished out 5 APG in only 19 MPG.

^^^ To add to my above post - PER 36 mins McConnell ranks 3rd in the NBA with 9.6 APG. Behind only LBJ and Rubio

Bjelica ranked 8th in the entire NBA in 3 point %.
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 10-07-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast