Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I agree. Maybe him or TT.

Either way, Dwight Howard should be resigned maybe for a portion of the MLE or the other exception. Curious how it works though -- JaVale has the player option and if he opts in.. then the only way to get rid of him is via trade?
    Trade him! Howard has to accept to play for halve the MLE.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Trade him! Howard has to accept to play for halve the MLE.
    Yeah, that reminder from TX about the Klutch connection made me realize that as far as JaVale is concerned he is in a very precarious position right now since two RP clients who can fill in the C position are soon to be UFAs. Good as gone and basically his fate is up to LBJ right now.

I agree. Maybe him or TT.

Either way, Dwight Howard should be resigned maybe for a portion of the MLE or the other exception. Curious how it works though -- JaVale has the player option and if he opts in.. then the only way to get rid of him is via trade?
    Very doubtful McGee will get $4.2 million in free agency, I'm sure he's opting in. Don't expect to get much for him alone but I'd take a chance on Stanley Johnson from Toronto. He has a P.O. also that I'm sure Toronto hopes he declines. If he opts in a trade for McGee straight up. Gasol has already announced that he's going over seas to play.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Very doubtful McGee will get $4.2 million in free agency, I'm sure he's opting in. Don't expect to get much for him alone but I'd take a chance on Stanley Johnson from Toronto. He has a P.O. also that I'm sure Toronto hopes he declines. If he opts in a trade for McGee straight up. Gasol has already announced that he's going over seas to play.
    I really think if you offer a package to Utah that would revolve around Kyle Kuzma + JaVale and another filler maybe AB (sorry nph), theyd bite.

Potentially they could lose Jordan Clarkson. AB could be a great rotation guy behind Conley and Donovan Mitchell. McGee would be a decent backup for Gobert.

They get a young tandem moving forward.

Gobert/McGee
    Kuzma
    Bogdanovic
    Mitchell
    Conley/Bradley

Lakers get Ingles and perhaps a 1st

I really think if you offer a package to Utah that would revolve around Kyle Kuzma + JaVale and another filler maybe AB (sorry nph), theyd bite.

Potentially they could lose Jordan Clarkson. AB could be a great rotation guy behind Conley and Donovan Mitchell. McGee would be a decent backup for Gobert.

They get a young tandem moving forward.

Gobert/McGee
    Kuzma
    Bogdanovic
    Mitchell
    Conley/Bradley

Lakers get Ingles and perhaps a 1st
    You've posted this before and I really like it. I'm sure Kuzma + McGee would get it done if Utah was a bottom feeder. But they're not, not even close. They're a very solid team and Ingles is a big part why. Can we say the same thing about Kuzma? We'd still be in this same position with or without Kuzma.

Ingles to Utah is like Caruso to us. It's hard to put trade value on that. Then factor that Ingles is signed for a few years makes it even harder for Utah to trade for Kuzma whom only has 1 more year before he becomes a RFA.

AB and McGee would give them decent depth but like I've said a few times, there's players with pretty much the same skill set as them 2 in free agency this off season that will most likely go for cheaper.

If you're Utah and you want to win wouldn't it make more sense to hold onto Ingles and sign Augustin & Mahinmi in free agency. Let's not kid ourselves, both McGee and AB have benefited more then anyone else on our team starting with LBJ and AD. They have reduced roles because they play with 2 of the top 5 players in the league. That wouldn't be the case in Utah and they will be exposed immediately.

If anything, I think Utah would ask for Kuzma and Caruso.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Tried to come up with a trade scenario for Beal with him buying his home in Ventura last week but they make a good point here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sdt-TAQsU4A

Ben Simmons would have been nice to try and grab but not sure anymore what Kuzma, Caruso, Green, KCP, TAT, and picks can get us... victor oladipo maybe? But his injury history he may be damaged goods... wonder if philly would do it if we agreed to take some bad contracts aka Horford from them

Keeping the bad together and attacking free agency hard may be the realistic way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    You've posted this before and I really like it. I'm sure Kuzma + McGee would get it done if Utah was a bottom feeder. But they're not, not even close. They're a very solid team and Ingles is a big part why. Can we say the same thing about Kuzma? We'd still be in this same position with or without Kuzma.

Ingles to Utah is like Caruso to us. It's hard to put trade value on that. Then factor that Ingles is signed for a few years makes it even harder for Utah to trade for Kuzma whom only has 1 more year before he becomes a RFA.

AB and McGee would give them decent depth but like I've said a few times, there's players with pretty much the same skill set as them 2 in free agency this off season that will most likely go for cheaper.

If you're Utah and you want to win wouldn't it make more sense to hold onto Ingles and sign Augustin & Mahinmi in free agency. Let's not kid ourselves, both McGee and AB have benefited more then anyone else on our team starting with LBJ and AD. They have reduced roles because they play with 2 of the top 5 players in the league. That wouldn't be the case in Utah and they will be exposed immediately.

If anything, I think Utah would ask for Kuzma and Caruso.
    I duno man, being in and out of the starting lineup, I saw the Ingles who had an up-and-down season. I agree with the Caruso comparison... he'd always be tasked to defend the perimeter by Snyder but at 33 years old it didnt work against Murray costing the Jazz quite a few crucial possessions in close games.

I think AB (29yrs old) could be put on the trading block but it doesn't mean that I under value what he has done for our team. I just really think that we'd survive without him. Not saying they would but for them to bite, gotta hope that the Jazz would soon realize also that finding a switchable, athletic defender who can guard some of the league’s premier perimeter threats would be necessary this coming offseason.

I think Ingles is not as reliable in those situations as he once was but... I'm sure with the current setup of our team, he'd be able to focus on what he does best and that's hitting those threes. Maybe asking for Ingles and a pick was a bit too much lol

“For our team to not give up and keep going after what we’ve been through — the pandemic, Bojan [being sidelined by injury], Mike [Conley] dipping off for a baby — we’ve had a lot going on as a team, and I wouldn’t want to play for another team,” said Joe Ingles.

MVM. You guys can scratch my last post. lol
    https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...ave-plenty-do/

Not even sure what else this team would need for next season. Another playmaker behind LBJ/Rondo or a sharpshooter.

Not even sure what else this team would need for next season. Another playmaker behind LBJ/Rondo or a sharpshooter.
    Lakers need to grab a pg with ability to defend, shoot and distribute the ball. Rondo can do that, but he works the second unit. Green and KCP cause the Lakers to loose an instant punch many games, because they are an inconsistent insecure pair. If Lakers insert a star or borderline one to open the floor for them and create for himself is a huge priority. Easier said than done. Once Lakers get AB back they will solve part of the problem because he can do great defense, consistent offense and can create more for his own.
    Howard/ Giannis brother/vet
    Davis/Gallinari?Morris
    Lebron/FA Harkles?/ vet
    AB/KCP
    ?/Rondo/Caruso/THT
    One solid vet like the two above and concentrate to turn Kuzma, Green and this year puck to turn into the pg that will give them the extra punch.
    Lebron is the one!

Which package will be better? Denver’s or Lakers?
    Lakers could offer Kuzma S&T, Green and a pick. Our offer is better.

My gut tells me the Nuggets leave no stone unturned this offseason. There was chatter at the deadline around Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if those discussions get revisited. Holiday has one year left on his contract before he can become a free agent, so the Nuggets would need to assess whether they think he could be a long-term play or if they’re comfortable going for it next season. I think Gary Harris and/or Will Barton could absolutely be used in a trade to land a player like that, along with at least one or two first-round picks. The Nuggets have No. 22 (via Houston) this upcoming draft. – via Mike Singer @ Denver Post
    Lebron is the one!

Ah, Lonzo is with Klutch now.

Denver wants Jrue Holiday but then again so do other teams as well like Miami, Indiana, New York but also Philly too but if I'm the Lakers, I go after Bradley Beal

Whatever happens, get Danny green off the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Denver wants Jrue Holiday but then again so do other teams as well like Miami, Indiana, New York but also Philly too but if I'm the Lakers, I go after Bradley Beal
    They'd have three Holidays in Indy

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast