Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2329
    Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Lol yea I'd like to have him back. KCP/WES/DG rotation. Was looking at ex Lakers, Wayne Ellington, great shooter but no D. Like what I've mentioned in the other thread, we'll need 3/Ds just in case the threes don't fall. haha

Kuzma though...
    Kuz is Kuz. A $13 million a year role player still searching for a defined role on our team. I believe some here have to big of expectations for Kuz. What $13M a year player (excluding players on their rookie contracts) is killing it on contenders? Both Wood and Beasley play on the worst teams in the league, put either on the Lakers and their stats will plummet.

JC is probably the only one. But he has a defined role and Utah is letting him play. Kuzma is like a plastic grocery bag just flying around in the wind with us, the fact that he showed a little more to his game (rebounding and defense) shows his willingness to help the team. He did still though have 23 games where he got us 13-19 points and 13 games where he got us 20+ points. That's not bad for someone who was 5th on our scorer list.

If we can upgrade then I'm all for it but IMO getting something for both DS & Trez is higher on my off season priority list.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I am Ready to move on from all those guys. Two years in a row they did not shoot well.
    Lebron, Davis, THT, Caruso, Drummond. I think the rest can go. I would say Harrell to but i think hes gone.
    In addition to your list, would keep Wes and Ben at the minimum. Wes is only costing us $2.5M and Ben is $2.3M. There was times when Ben was red hot shooting from the 3 and he was consistent. Wes is a good defender and he has a lot of intangibles. Given their relatively low cost to what they can provide, I rather keep them. Markieff is relatively cheap too at $3M. He can be expendable, but that depends on who we can get to replace him.

As for the rest of the riff raff, they can GO. I'm tired of seeing them not being able to step up when we need their contributions. Kuzma has focused so much on his defense that he let his offense atrophy. I'm not sure he is the future of the Lakers. He is currently not worth the money we will be paying him for the next few years. THT is still young and he shows flashes that he is ready to explode given the playing time. He has heart and is willing to drive and make plays.

Lakers will need to clean house this offseason. The main issue I see is the KCP, Kuzma, Lebron and AD contracts are huge and will be difficult to offload to get a good player. The only way we can extract a good player is to package Kuzma in a deal. There might be some teams willing to bite to take a chance on him. We will see how good Pelinka is on this offseason. I still have faith in Rob. Our lineup was strong early in the year.

The biggest problems were the injuries. I watched AD play and he likes to extend his feet under the basket and its going to cause him more injuries in the future. Most of the time, people plant themselves under basket for a rebound so they don't look down. One wrong move and he will twist an ankle or god forbid, tear an ACL. Some blame it on the short offseason, but regardless, Lakers have a lot of problems with injuries in the past few years. Last year was an exception.
    Last edited by ShadowX; 06-07-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Wonder if we can work with them...https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...14822_35092157

My prediction. We will blow it up.

Out - Drummond ($$$), Schroeder ($$$), Harrell (Trade for more opportunity), Kuzma (trade)
    In - Nurkic, Grant, Melo, McGee

Nurkic wants out, is Klutch, only 12M, can stretch the floor like Jokic.
    Grant is the perfect compliment to replace Kuz who is stale and returns home to Michigan to be a bigger option. Grant is excellent 3/D guy who can score alongside stars without the ego.
    Melo will leave the uncertainty of POR and sign with LBJ for min for a final shot at a ring. Can be a solid scoring/playmaking option. Range is now very solid.
    McGee wants back in LA. Plays our run/gun oop offense like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post

Out - Drummond ($$$), Schroeder ($$$), Harrell (Trade for more opportunity), Kuzma (trade)

Grant is the perfect compliment to replace Kuz who is stale and returns home to Michigan to be a bigger option. Grant is excellent 3/D guy who can score alongside stars without the ego.
    Melo will leave the uncertainty of POR and sign with LBJ for min for a final shot at a ring. Can be a solid scoring/playmaking option. Range is now very solid.
    So detroit will just trade Grant to us? For Kuz and who? Lmao good one

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Bait View Post

Nurkic - After Kuzma signed his extension I call Kuzma for Nurkic last summer. Looking up Nurkic right now it does seem he wants out but didn't straight out say it. But saying he doesn't know what the future will hold for him and he's leaving it to RP says alot. I can see Nurkic a Laker next season.

Grant - Was reported the Detroit turned down three 1sts from Boston for him. If true we don't have the assets to acquire him.

Melo - I can see it. Since we didn't win no one can say he jumped onto LBJs coattail.

McGee - Maybe, I wouldn't mind.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

If we're trading KCP & Kuz coupled with 1st rd pk its going to be for a big contract player whos productive but overpaid not a current ALL STAR level guy.

Or a young player who has flopped but would play well next to AD and BRON.

OVERPAID BUT PRODUCTIVE
    KLove, Hortford, Eric Gordon, Davis Bertans, Gary Harris, Malik Beasley

YOUNG GUY RECLAMATION PROJECT
    Mo Bamba
    Colin Sexton(pipe dream)
    Last edited by bolts4ever; 06-09-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolts4ever View Post
    If we're trading KCP & Kuz coupled with 1st rd pk its going to be for a big contract player whos productive but overpaid not a current ALL STAR level guy.

OVERPAID BUT PRODUCTIVE

Mo Bamba
    Colin Sexton(pipe dream)
    Kubmass, KCP, THT, pick for a star. Not easy. Second hand players no more. Lebron and Davis need a third star to be able to stand next season with Nets and possibly Warriors. Who will be the unhappy star? Also, Dennis and Harrell can be used on a deal too.
    Soon to be seen together!

OVERPAID BUT PRODUCTIVE

Mo Bamba
    Colin Sexton(pipe dream)
    If the Bucks get elliminated and the current Lakers FAs agree, won't hurt to offer an S/T.

#22 and Kuzma + one of Schroder/Harell for Jrue Holiday. I'll give KCP another season

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Kubmass, KCP, THT, pick for a star. Not easy. Second hand players no more. Lebron and Davis need a third star to be able to stand next season with Nets and possibly Warriors. Who will be the unhappy star? Also, Dennis and Harrell can be used on a deal too.

Not happening... Lakers FO obviously like THT if not they would have traded for Lowry at the deadline.

As for Schroeder and Harrell they will likely be free agents and only eligible for S&T which is pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    If the Bucks get elliminated and the current Lakers FAs agree, won't hurt to offer an S/T.

#22 and Kuzma + one of Schroder/Harell for Jrue Holiday. I'll give KCP another season
    Holliday just signed a new max deal not happening not a realistic target.

Then again are we all just ignoring the obvious trade that's destined to happen the

Kuzma for Eric Bledsoe (clutch connection)

Holliday just signed a new max deal not happening not a realistic target.
    Guess we can anticipate some re-tooling if they get eliminated again this year especially if they think they need to get younger.

Just for discussion purposes. Would you guys trade AD for Lillard? Something to consider with ADs injury history. For some reason AD has issues with one leg landings. Got injured both times with one leg landings. I worry that is a recipe for disaster like maybe an ACL tear in the near future.