Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2237
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    An organization like the Lakers has some pride, not sure if they will try to re-sign a guy who opted out of the bubble, then opted out of his contract to finally leave in the offseason...

Not to mention that he's an injury prone (only played 19 games so far this season), he only played between 40 to 63 games since 2016... Again I find hard to believe that the Lakers will go after him but who knows...
    I'm not saying the FO would go after him, I'm saying like a last resort kind of thing. He'd also most likely have to initiate talks. If we plan to take care of our own free agents alls we gonna have left for other players are vet min contracts.

After the free agency dust settles AB could be one of the better free agents still unsigned. He does have a history of injuries but with the progress of THT he wouldn't be needed for major mins anyways. I'm just saying I wouldn't at all be surprised if he did come back on a vet min contract.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm not saying the FO would go after him, I'm saying like a last resort kind of thing. He'd also most likely have to initiate talks. If we plan to take care of our own free agents alls we gonna have left for other players are vet min contracts.

After the free agency dust settles AB could be one of the better free agents still unsigned. He does have a history of injuries but with the progress of THT he wouldn't be needed for major mins anyways. I'm just saying I wouldn't at all be surprised if he did come back on a vet min contract.
    So I would be surprised and you wouldn't lol

For reals though, I thought both you and Mave just grew up with English as a 1B to your native 1A. Kinda like I grew up around both English and Spanish. I would've never of guessed you guys learned English. Can you guys please tell your secret to NPH & Idawg j/k j/k lol.

I know I can be or at least come off as a prick here but I honestly respect and like all of you. You guys and girl are all part of my life.
    With all the respect, what is your level of education both in English and Spanish? What do you do for a living? Thanks!
    Soon to be seen together!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    An organization like the Lakers has some pride, not sure if they will try to re-sign a guy who opted out of the bubble, then opted out of his contract to finally leave in the offseason...

Not to mention that he's an injury prone (only played 19 games so far this season), he only played between 40 to 63 games since 2016... Again I find hard to believe that the Lakers will go after him but who knows...
    Howard was very disrespectful before and Lakers gave him a second chance. I did not like it, but it work at the end for one season. AB is not a healthy guy and that could be the cause of Lakers going away from him. Bring players that actually want to be part of the Laker family.
    Soon to be seen together!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    It's been great here

Tight knit family and lots of good natured feedback

Very happy and thankful to be here

I came from another Lakers forum that got discontinued and they closed it

We all had quite few posts there

So glad I found this place

I was reading here without signing up for a few years while still active on that forum
    Welcome bro. Glad you are here. Hope you stay and we have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Howard was very disrespectful before and Lakers gave him a second chance. I did not like it, but it work at the end for one season. AB is not a healthy guy and that could be the cause of Lakers going away from him. Bring players that actually want to be part of the Laker family.
    Dwight ran away from a poisonous situation with dumb and dumber, we were mad but couldn't blame him at the time, he did the right thing.

I think at the end of the day ADII is gonna have to accept the tax payers MLE ($6M projected) to stay with us. It's gonna be very difficult to try and stay under the apron to have the NTPMLE.

Here's another reason I believe it will be very hard to stay under the apron. I remember when MM signed for the vet min (it really was all we could pay him and stay under the apron to sign Harrell) he said he was gonna get another championship this season and next season he will look to get paid. My 1st thought was that Pelinka assured him he will take care of him this coming off-season (when we will have his early-bird) if he signed for the vet min last summer. If that was the case I think Pelinka has to honor his handshake deal. Nothing extreme but fair market value ($5-6M)

McConnell is one of the most under rated players in the NBA. Thing with him though is that he's another player that can't shoot so he really wouldn't fit our starting line up and THT & AC I believe will lead the 2nd unit so unless he's ready to be way down the line in the rotation I don't really think we have a role big enough for him. In case ADII moves on and leaves the TPMLE behind keep a watch out for Conley. He'd fit our starting line up. Another player to keep an eye on this summer (and I know he won't be popular with this crowd but we also have to not be petty and think about the next championship) is Bradley coming back on a vets min contract and with an understanding that his mins will be down giving THT more PT.
    Kinda like Trez's 1+1 with the a player option on the 2nd year. Playing for a ring while being in LA around AD/LBJ and the entire organization will compensate for the higher taxes in Cali. hehe.

With regards to Keef just like what you said, should he be offered the fair market value ($5-6M), I don't really mind especially if Kuz gets traded.

Say we lose AC and KCP gets traded for a TPE, I'm ready to get roasted when I say that I wouldn't mind having both AB/DG comeback but of course only for the vets min. Otherwise, the team could look elsewhere. Dream scenario would be Gasol/Conley off the bench though.

ADII, Gasol, Keef
    AD, Trez
    LBJ, Wes(VM)
    Green(VM), BMac(VM)
    THT, Conley

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    With all the respect, what is your level of education both in English and Spanish? What do you do for a living? Thanks!
    Was born and raised in North Cali. Family moved to Odessa TX to work in the oilfields when I was 17 going into my junior year in HS. Graduated from Odessa Permian, home of the "Friday Night Lights" Panthers. I've lived in the US my whole life, that's how I know English lol....

Both my parents, all 4 of my grandparents and all of my aunts and uncles were born in Mexico. Our generation (siblings and cousins) were 1st US born. Alls we would speak at home was Spanish. Mis padres nos ensenaron a hablar, leer y escribir desde que estabamos muy chicos. Eso es como se Espanol jaja....

As for what I do for a living, roughnecking it. Oil is king in TX

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Kinda like Trez's 1+1 with the a player option on the 2nd year. Playing for a ring while being in LA around AD/LBJ and the entire organization will compensate for the higher taxes in Cali. hehe.

With regards to Keef just like what you said, should he be offered the fair market value ($5-6M), I don't really mind especially if Kuz gets traded.

Say we lose AC and KCP gets traded for a TPE, I'm ready to get roasted when I say that I wouldn't mind having both AB/DG comeback but of course only for the vets min. Otherwise, the team could look elsewhere. Dream scenario would be Gasol/Conley off the bench though.

ADII, Gasol, Keef
    AD, Trez
    LBJ, Wes(VM)
    Green(VM), BMac(VM)
    THT, Conley
    Except Harrell got the non tax payers MLE for 9.2M.... That'll be very hard for us to stay under to be able to pay ADII the 9.5 (projected) non tax payers MLE. That's why I think ADII would have to settle for the tax payers MLE (6M), I honestly don't think that's very likely but let's see how much he values winning over money. If he would there wouldn't need to be any manuevering just to try and stay under the apron.

Except Harrell got the non tax payers MLE for 9.2M.... That'll be very hard for us to stay under to be able to pay ADII the 9.5 (projected) non tax payers MLE. That's why I think ADII would have to settle for the tax payers MLE (6M), I honestly don't think that's very likely but let's see how much he values winning over money. If he would there wouldn't need to be any manuevering just to try and stay under the apron.
    sorry that's what I meant, same type of 1+1 with a PO on year 2 for a lesser amount

It's funny coz we could potentially have like a fusion of the rosters from last season and this season via offseason acquisitions lol did that make sense? Say we lose one of Harrell/Drummond, one of DS/THT. Say Klutch plays a big role so we retain Trez/THT. Keef and AC also stays. Dwight comes back for Drummond. Green comes back for DS (again)

Under these circumstances, I'd still consider Kuz/KCP to be trade assets if it makes the team better. Shipping those two out without getting any salaries in return and the team would still be in good shape. At least on paper.

Howard/Gasol
    Davis/Harrell (Keef)
    LBJ/vet SF
    Green/AC
    THT/Conley

2021 NBA Free Agency will begin Aug. 2 at 6 pm EST

Shams Charania:*NBA 2021 Free Agency will start on Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. ET, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Moratorium period will begin at 12:01 a.m. ET on Aug. 3 and will continue through Aug. 6.

*via*Twitter*ShamsCharania

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Draymond Green buyin' out 77+ million lol

An early off-season blue print for me. Assuming AD2 doesn't stay for the TMLE.

S/T THT & Kuzma for Brogdon.... Capitalize on THTs potential

Sign both Howard & McGee to vet min contracts.... Why would they come back? We give them both 2 year guaranteed minimum contracts (just like Gasols)

Re-sign DS 2/45.... Overpayment but comes off the books same time as LBJ. No matter his me 1st attitude he can still get off his own shot, something we will need if we were to trade both THT & Kuzma.

Re-sign Harrell if/when he opts out

Re-sign Caruso & Morris

Sign Otto Porter with our TMLE ($6M), Snell & Teague vet min?

The only player that might still be under contract (besides AD) after LBJ is Caruso. All the rest will be off the books giving us major cap space in 23/24

Brogdon, DS, Teague
    KCP, Caruso, 1st
    LBJ, Porter, Snell
    AD, Harrell, Morris
    McGee, Howard, Gasol

All 3 of McGee, Howard & Gasol can play like 13 MPG
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 04-28-2021 at 08:49 AM.