Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 146 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2329
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    I have a lot of respect you when you speak more than one language

To come in here with English as your second language shows a lot of character

Glad to be here and share with all of you

Thanks!
    Appreciate it brother. You did the right thing when you signed up in 19' to be a part of this ever growing spoiled group of Laker lovers. TBH, for the past decade or so that I've been in these purp and gold forums (the general forum is too toxic for me just sayin) I can wholeheartedly admit that it has helped me improve my English (similar to what Iron24 has said...). Props to everyone in here who loves and hates me. Proud to be a part of it.

LaVar though... where tf are you when the team is winning. I wana say I miss you but I can't.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 04-12-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Loool Tex you're something else I swear, somehow you remind me Vinylman, sometimes I even wonder if you're not his dupe lol

Whatever I like you, you're a fighter and I respect that.

I have to thank you guys, my english has vastly improved since 2007 thank to you, I learned a lot of meanings here, you're all my best teachers.

And for the record I'm really french lol but I always had some love for the US and its people, Mexican people too, I found your history meaningful.
    I was all pumped and all while I was trying to post what I was posting but yeah, THANKS BRO... now I gotta click on the 'edit post' button just to put in "similar to what Iron24 has said..."

pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I was all pumped and all while I was trying to post what I was posting but yeah, THANKS BRO... now I gotta click on the 'edit post' button just to put in "similar to what Iron24 has said..."

pfft.
    Loool

No dupe

Just a long time Lakers fan

Since 1966 when I was 10 years old
    A longtime loyal Lakers fan, I love it!

FWIW, I needed to take three electives, in my uni's case.. we had to do foreign languages to.. well, to graduate. So there was Spanish, that was fine I'm a huge Scarface/Carlito's way fan so yea lol then Mandarin. Majority of my classmates was Chinese and we were friends so I was in good shape.

French though.. man. Don't take offense. Your native language is just super difficult to learn. I was so bad in class even my professor thought It was funny. I was literally singing that song while the whole class cried in laughter (in a good way) on my way to a C+. Will never forget that semester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9V-zUlrhEE
    Three foreign languages is awesome bro!

I only speak one and half (spanish) lol

French is a terrible language to learn, definitely one of the toughest, so many words meaning the same thing, fortunately I always liked literature so I speak very well the language of Molière, but foreigners have a hard time learning it, I'm very impressed by those who mastered it.

Yeah this idea makes you really wonder. If it aint cash, it's probably the endorsement deals. 'I'll hook you up, shouldn't be a problem' type of LBJ/RP/RP2/Buss family pitch.

This is only me, but I think the caliber of player that Trez is, a Lamar Odom type of 6th man, playing for the defending world champs has a huge amount of value for the marketing elites of Los Angeles.

Anyone could argue that yea on the books he'll definitely be underpaid for another year but again, it all depends if the Lakers go B2B this season.. that'll open up all the other doors of opportunity to make money elsewhere including where he'd land next in the offseason of 22'.

This is the time when the likes of Julius Randle/Aaron Gordon will also be UFAs and that's it. Trez definitely belongs to the same tier that'll command at least $20-25M then. Pretty sure he'll make more money than the Covington/Green/Boucher tier. Also the trust that he gives to RP of Klutch was pretty evident right before this seasons' TD when he mentioned how he didn't really care too much about these trade rumors, that he'll basically put emphasis on playing basketball and let his reps take care of the rest. I think the relationship will play a huge part in persuading him to stay 'underpaid' for at least another year.

If the Lakers fail to do a B2B this season, that's another story. We'll be stuck with blondie Kuz. lol

ANyhow, the same idea can also be applied to retain Andre Drummond and Alex Caruso. Stay for a chance to 3-Peat*, worry about cashing in after that. THT I'm not so worried about. Klutch already popped his 19y old cherry, he'll be here for as long as LBJ is here.
    Well said brother, well said. That's why the league has a cap to help level the playing field and not allow a team to compete for a chip every year.

Amen, brother. I'm still learning though.. so to the other posters in here, a little patience, por favor. lol

Iron's french but his English is spotless.
    Your English is pretty good also.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Why so defensive? Even though English might be Maves 2nd language I'm sure his question was as is, he did say "without overthinking".

If you think it's gonna be THT that's fine, I don't think it's gonna be him for the simple fact that the kid can't shoot (yet). If he were to start I'm sure we'd (Lakers) be fine cause LBJ dominates so many areas he masks other players deficiencies.
    It's how you come off sometimes. Don't even realize it. Same with Tradebait. At the end of the day, the wording doesn't matter but rather the dialogue. We will see what the Lakers decide next year but I really think having Lebron as the primary ball handler is not the FO's goal for in game load managing purposes. Everyone is saying surround Lebron in the starting lineup with shooters. That was up to 2017 or so. But now He should only handle 50% or so of the primary responsibilities, even though he is the best at it. At this point in his career making it easier for him during the regular season will also help decrease injuries. When you are the primary ball handler you increase your rate of usage (obviously) and injuries. It's all about keeping him fresh for the playoffs. The most realistic person to do the job is THT or Caruso. I just think THT being more talented will get the nod. That's all.

FWIW, I needed to take three electives, in my uni's case.. we had to do foreign languages to.. well, to graduate. So there was Spanish, that was fine I'm a huge Scarface/Carlito's way fan so yea lol then Mandarin. Majority of my classmates was Chinese and we were friends so I was in good shape.

French though.. man. Don't take offense. Your native language is just super difficult to learn. I was so bad in class even my professor thought It was funny. I was literally singing that song while the whole class cried in laughter (in a good way) on my way to a C+. Will never forget that semester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9V-zUlrhEE
    I hear you. When I lived in Montreal as a kid, I had to learn French. Also spelling in French was ridiculous. Couldn't figure out where to put those accents. I just gave up man. I already knew Farsi and Arabic at the time and I went to an Armenian school and had to learn Armenian, French, and English reading and writing. I was so lost. Plus knowing languages does not make me good at it. I was just exposed to it due to being a foster kid all over Europe and the Middle East. Kudos to you guys in writing in English. Much better than any of my other languages.

Appreciate it brother. You did the right thing when you signed up in 19' to be a part of this ever growing spoiled group of Laker lovers. TBH, for the past decade or so that I've been in these purp and gold forums (the general forum is too toxic for me just sayin) I can wholeheartedly admit that it has helped me improve my English (similar to what Iron24 has said...). Props to everyone in here who loves and hates me. Proud to be a part of it.
    It's been great here

Tight knit family and lots of good natured feedback

Very happy and thankful to be here

I came from another Lakers forum that got discontinued and they closed it

We all had quite few posts there

So glad I found this place

I was reading here without signing up for a few years while still active on that forum

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I hear you. When I lived in Montreal as a kid, I had to learn French. Also spelling in French was ridiculous. Couldn't figure out where to put those accents. I just gave up man. I already knew Farsi and Arabic at the time and I went to an Armenian school and had to learn Armenian, French, and English reading and writing. I was so lost. Plus knowing languages does not make me good at it. I was just exposed to it due to being a foster kid all over Europe and the Middle East. Kudos to you guys in writing in English. Much better than any of my other languages.
    It's been great here

I was reading here without signing up for a few years while still active on that forum

It's been great here

Glad we found you!

I apologize but I need to bombard you with questions this early. I think you already know how fascinated I am with this type of topic regarding offseason acquisitions and the cap, especially coz I think you're one of the posters in here who's always one step ahead playing GM and all. I thought G1 knew a lot of cap related things then there was this one poster from the past who had crazy knowledge about it, too. gr8 something.. man he was legendary.

Anyway:

1. KCP to MIA makes sense. I don't think they resign Oladipo and if they could get someone better DEFENSIVELY, I think they take KCP over Duncan Robinson (21' RFA). About Riley though, would you think that he'd even have the willingness to help out a team like the Lakers especially if we win it all again this season?

2. The game of KK has evolved entirely but I believe that Kuzma became who he is today partly coz of those outlets from Zo. Truly enjoyed that chapter. In your opinion though, would you say that a champion like Kuz (potentially two time champ) would take a step back and play behind a Julius Randle? New York city would be perfect for him though. That'll totally sell.

3. Among your ideas, #3 is my favorite coz it gives the Lakers a lanky, athletic big who isnt too expensive. I've always liked the game of WCS. It's feasible but a whole lotta work and persuasion. Gotta make Cuban agree. Actually Fck Cuban, what Luka wants Luka gets. Knowing DS though... lol I don't know man. He's mr. I already did that in OKC/ATL.

4. $23m is awesome value for MM, AC & THT. You've mentioned the retention of Keef, what do you think happens to Marc next season?

5. Who would you want for those 2 vet min spots should all this happen?

Appreciate all your inputs as always, Tx.
    1. I agree, I don't think Olidipo returns to Miami. He's been really bad for them. If we were to practically just give KCP away Riley would have to be interested. If he don't take him somebody else will. IMO he's have to not be petty and do what's best for the Heat. My thing is though, if KCP equals last seasons playoffs play this post-season do we even think about trading him?

2. KK is really a big SF, I would expect him to start at SF with Barrett playing SG. IMO KK would be a big hit in NY especially if they can land Lonzo. He's also very marketable.

3. Dallas is in the same boat as Miami, they have to stop being petty and do what's best for them. DS for very little makes Dallas a better team. When was the last time a real difference maker signed with them as a FA?

Our whole off-season depends on what ADII is willing to take. If he were willing to take the TPMLE (4.8) it would make things soo much simpler but that's highly doubtful. That would be way too much money he's be giving up. Him taking the NTPMLE (9.5) is way more realistic but that would mean we can't go over $136M (I believe that's the projection) in payroll. This is what we used to sign Harrell last season and we couldn't go over $139M - that's why we couldn't pay either Rondo nor Bradley. The same thing will most likely happen this year where we will lose players just because we can't pay them and still have the NTPMLE.

Three for sures: LBJ 41.2 - AD 35.4 - Deng 5 = 81.6

Harrell will most likely opt out of 9.7 to make 11.1; then let's say ADII did take the NTPMLE 9.5 = 20.6
    The most THT can make is like 10M - That's already $112.2M on just 5 players. We will have our 1st so that's another 2M.... 114M (and that's if we dump all 3 of KCP, KK & MG and let DS walk for nothing)

Signing 4 players to vet min contracts is another 6M - getting WCS from Dallas is another 4M.... That leaves 12M to re-sign Caruso and Morris.

Players I have high on my list that I believe we can get for vet min.... Snell & McConnell are both high on my list.

****But just FWIW, if we aren't able to get ADII back next season - there will be alot of serviceable free agent Cs available this summer.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    1. I agree, I don't think Olidipo returns to Miami. He's been really bad for them. If we were to practically just give KCP away Riley would have to be interested. If he don't take him somebody else will. IMO he's have to not be petty and do what's best for the Heat. My thing is though, if KCP equals last seasons playoffs play this post-season do we even think about trading him?

2. KK is really a big SF, I would expect him to start at SF with Barrett playing SG. IMO KK would be a big hit in NY especially if they can land Lonzo. He's also very marketable.

3. Dallas is in the same boat as Miami, they have to stop being petty and do what's best for them. DS for very little makes Dallas a better team. When was the last time a real difference maker signed with them as a FA?

Our whole off-season depends on what ADII is willing to take. If he were willing to take the TPMLE (4.8) it would make things soo much simpler but that's highly doubtful. That would be way too much money he's be giving up. Him taking the NTPMLE (9.5) is way more realistic but that would mean we can't go over $136M (I believe that's the projection) in payroll. This is what we used to sign Harrell last season and we couldn't go over $139M - that's why we couldn't pay either Rondo nor Bradley. The same thing will most likely happen this year where we will lose players just because we can't pay them and still have the NTPMLE.

Three for sures: LBJ 41.2 - AD 35.4 - Deng 5 = 81.6

Harrell will most likely opt out of 9.7 to make 11.1; then let's say ADII did take the NTPMLE 9.5 = 20.6
    The most THT can make is like 10M - That's already $112.2M on just 5 players. We will have our 1st so that's another 2M.... 114M (and that's if we dump all 3 of KCP, KK & MG and let DS walk for nothing)

Signing 4 players to vet min contracts is another 6M - getting WCS from Dallas is another 4M.... That leaves 12M to re-sign Caruso and Morris.

Players I have high on my list that I believe we can get for vet min.... Snell & McConnell are both high on my list.

****But just FWIW, if we aren't able to get ADII back next season - there will be alot of serviceable free agent Cs available this summer.
    Sending KCP away for a TPE I think, even though he's Klutch is the only way to resign ADII/Trez/THT/AC but you're right if he equalizes his 2020 performance, I can see the Lakers holding on to him ​and whoever underperforms among the four mentioned won't be resigned. Depends on the takers too.

I think Keef, one of my favorite Lakers goes to another team next year and maybe makes a little less than what Rondo is getting now. He's been consistent for the past couple of weeks and I expect him to do the same vs small ball units in the post season. I'd give that money to AC/THT.

In relation to McConnell he'll be a great fit at backup PG if we lose AC but I doubt he agrees to sign for the VM. Had to look it up and he's top 5 in steals (tied at #2 overall with FVV, Jrue and Kawhi) so far this season. Also averaging more assists than Kyrie, Steph and the Ball brothers.

Glad we found you!