Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2329
    Just FYI. Some posters here, English is their second language. I donít really focus on every word of a poster since that specific question worded by, letís say, an Armenian would actually be the same thing. But Lebron canít do what he did last year on a consistent basis throughout the whole season. Thatís why we got DS. Thatís why we were trying to trade for Lawry. He doesnít want to be the primary ball handler 100% of the time anymore. Why you notice even Kuz brings the ball down and initiates the offense. Lebronís usage rate has to drop during the regular season. What they do next year I donít know but because we are not probably going to keep DS and maybe try to keep Drummond, then I figure itís going to be one of our own players and THT fits that bill the best in my opinion. That is who I thing they might start just to be specific with the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    But Trez has a PO and he's underpaid, he might want to get paid this summer straight up.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    You wonder if there is some other type of compensation from Lebron to his Clutch teammates.
    Yeah this idea makes you really wonder. If it aint cash, it's probably the endorsement deals. 'I'll hook you up, shouldn't be a problem' type of LBJ/RP/RP2/Buss family pitch.

This is only me, but I think the caliber of player that Trez is, a Lamar Odom type of 6th man, playing for the defending world champs has a huge amount of value for the marketing elites of Los Angeles.

Anyone could argue that yea on the books he'll definitely be underpaid for another year but again, it all depends if the Lakers go B2B this season.. that'll open up all the other doors of opportunity to make money elsewhere including where he'd land next in the offseason of 22'.

This is the time when the likes of Julius Randle/Aaron Gordon will also be UFAs and that's it. Trez definitely belongs to the same tier that'll command at least $20-25M then. Pretty sure he'll make more money than the Covington/Green/Boucher tier. Also the trust that he gives to RP of Klutch was pretty evident right before this seasons' TD when he mentioned how he didn't really care too much about these trade rumors, that he'll basically put emphasis on playing basketball and let his reps take care of the rest. I think the relationship will play a huge part in persuading him to stay 'underpaid' for at least another year.

If the Lakers fail to do a B2B this season, that's another story. We'll be stuck with blondie Kuz. lol

ANyhow, the same idea can also be applied to retain Andre Drummond and Alex Caruso. Stay for a chance to 3-Peat*, worry about cashing in after that. THT I'm not so worried about. Klutch already popped his 19y old cherry, he'll be here for as long as LBJ is here.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 04-11-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Just FYI. Some posters here, English is their second language. I donít really focus on every word of a poster since that specific question worded by, letís say, an Armenian would actually be the same thing. But Lebron canít do what he did last year on a consistent basis throughout the whole season. Thatís why we got DS. Thatís why we were trying to trade for Lawry. He doesnít want to be the primary ball handler 100% of the time anymore. Why you notice even Kuz brings the ball down and initiates the offense. Lebronís usage rate has to drop during the regular season. What they do next year I donít know but because we are not probably going to keep DS and maybe try to keep Drummond, then I figure itís going to be one of our own players and THT fits that bill the best in my opinion. That is who I thing they might start just to be specific with the wording.
    Amen, brother. I'm still learning though.. so to the other posters in here, a little patience, por favor. lol

Iron's french but his English is spotless.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Mave asked who we think will be the starting PG, not who we want to be the starting PG. I really like the kid but I don't think he will be our starting PG next season. I've said many times that his game has improved and yes his playmaking is there, but right now his game isn't much different then DS in that they have to attack the basket to score. And you know how I feel about DS, his game isn't NBA starter material. If THT could shoot I would feel way different.

I think he will play way more minutes next season and plenty along side LBJ to let LBJ coast some during games, but we are talking about LBJ. No matter how much we choose to turn away and act like he doesn't, but LBJ is still all about his stats when he's on the court. I'm not hating I'm just saying. I think we will have 2 shooters at G to start the game and LBJ will get some assists then THT will come in.

I wouldn't be mad or anything like that if THT was our starting PG next year, but as of right now I believe he's a way better 6th man.
    Yeah this is what I definitely want also. Brings a lot of cohesion with LBJ being the primary facilitator for the starting unit, ideally AD being the #1 scoring option with a couple shooters on the perimeter. Having Drummond resign for the TPMLE will be a luxury for next season. Trez picking up his PO, too. That'll be the best thing ever for Anthony Davis and his health.

Again if you look at the UFA point guards (yes I'm so letting DS walk just so we could resign the bigs) this offseason, you've got Conley, Lowry, CP3. If you can't get Caruso to resign, the most underrated (maybe the most feasible too) choice for PG would be 29y old T.J. McConnell. You've mentioned his name in the past, Tex.

All goes well, at worst you've got:

Dre/Marc
    Davis/Trez
    LBJ/shooter
    shooter/THT
    shooter/TJM

I still think in order to resign Dre/Trez (fingers crossed, AC also), you hafta find a new home for KCP/Kuz. Hiring shooters won't be a problem.

Wayne Ellington
    Wes Matthews
    Danny Green
    Ben McLemore
    Tony Snell

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Iron, without overthinking... who is our starting point guard next season?
    Why so defensive? Even though English might be Maves 2nd language I'm sure his question was as is, he did say "without overthinking".

If you think it's gonna be THT that's fine, I don't think it's gonna be him for the simple fact that the kid can't shoot (yet). If he were to start I'm sure we'd (Lakers) be fine cause LBJ dominates so many areas he masks other players deficiencies.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Amen, brother. I'm still learning though.. so to the other posters in here, a little patience, por favor. lol

Wow, thank you bro, I definitely don't think it's spotless since I'm still making bad mistakes but again thank you, I always thought your english was better than mine wtf lol

Yeah this is what I definitely want also. Brings a lot of cohesion with LBJ being the primary facilitator for the starting unit, ideally AD being the #1 scoring option with a couple shooters on the perimeter. Having Drummond resign for the TPMLE will be a luxury for next season. Trez picking up his PO, too. That'll be the best thing ever for Anthony Davis and his health.

Again if you look at the UFA point guards (yes I'm so letting DS walk just so we could resign the bigs) this offseason, you've got Conley, Lowry, CP3. If you can't get Caruso to resign, the most underrated (maybe the most feasible too) choice for PG would be 29y old T.J. McConnell. You've mentioned his name in the past, Tex.

All goes well, at worst you've got:

Dre/Marc
    Davis/Trez
    LBJ/shooter
    shooter/THT
    shooter/TJM

I still think in order to resign Dre/Trez (fingers crossed, AC also), you hafta find a new home for KCP/Kuz. Hiring shooters won't be a problem.

Wayne Ellington
    Wes Matthews
    Danny Green
    Ben McLemore
    Tony Snell
    Teams I think we could dump all 3 of KCP, KK & DS on and get something in return:

KCP to Miami for a $13M TE and a 2nd. I feel like he's a Riles type of guy.

KK to NY for a $13M TE and a 2nd. I know you'd like him to be reunited with Lonzo and I believe NY could be that spot.

DS S/T to Dallas for WCS and a TE. Dallas doesn't have many options to improve their team, they'd improve the team with this move.

These 3 trades and we open up the most possible to re-sign all 5 of ADII, MH, MM, AC & THT. Of course this is with Harrell opting out and upping his salary to $11.1M and ADII signing for the NTPMLE $9.5M. With our 1st and a newly acquired 2nd and 2 vet min contracts - that will leave us right around $23M to re-sign THT, AC & MM.

Gotta get ready for work, will break it down salary wise later

Wow, thank you bro, I definitely don't think it's spotless since I'm still making bad mistakes but again thank you, I always thought your english was better than mine wtf lol
    I honestly thought that Mave was Mexican/American living in another country because of work and Iron is an American fugitive (or spy) hiding out in France lol.

I have a lot of respect you when you speak more than one language

To come in here with English as your second language shows a lot of character

Glad to be here and share with all of you

Thanks!

I honestly thought that Mave was Mexican/American living in another country because of work and Iron is an American fugitive (or spy) hiding out in France lol.
    Loool Tex you're something else I swear, somehow you remind me Vinylman, sometimes I even wonder if you're not his dupe lol

Whatever I like you, you're a fighter and I respect that.

I have to thank you guys, my english has vastly improved since 2007 thank to you, I learned a lot of meanings here, you're all my best teachers.

And for the record I'm really french lol but I always had some love for the US and its people, Mexican people too, I found your history meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    I have a lot of respect you when you speak more than one language

To come in here with English as your second language shows a lot of character

Glad to be here and share with all of you

Thanks!
    LakeShowAZ I don't know if you're some dupe or what but you were a great fit to this forum since day 1, I like you too.

We are one hell of a forum compared to others no man's land forums lol

The only missing piece will always be Oscar G1, but he will forever be with us somehow...

LakeShowAZ I don't know if you're some dupe or what but you were a great fit to this forum since day 1, I like you too.

We are one hell of a forum compared to others no man's land forums lol

No dupe

Just a long time Lakers fan

Since 1966 when I was 10 years old

FWIW, I needed to take three electives, in my uni's case.. we had to do foreign languages to.. well, to graduate. So there was Spanish, that was fine I'm a huge Scarface/Carlito's way fan so yea lol then Mandarin. Majority of my classmates was Chinese and we were friends so I was in good shape.

French though.. man. Don't take offense. Your native language is just super difficult to learn. I was so bad in class even my professor thought It was funny. I was literally singing that song while the whole class cried in laughter (in a good way) on my way to a C+. Will never forget that semester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9V-zUlrhEE

Teams I think we could dump all 3 of KCP, KK & DS on and get something in return:

KCP to Miami for a $13M TE and a 2nd. I feel like he's a Riles type of guy.

KK to NY for a $13M TE and a 2nd. I know you'd like him to be reunited with Lonzo and I believe NY could be that spot.

DS S/T to Dallas for WCS and a TE. Dallas doesn't have many options to improve their team, they'd improve the team with this move.

These 3 trades and we open up the most possible to re-sign all 5 of ADII, MH, MM, AC & THT. Of course this is with Harrell opting out and upping his salary to $11.1M and ADII signing for the NTPMLE $9.5M. With our 1st and a newly acquired 2nd and 2 vet min contracts - that will leave us right around $23M to re-sign THT, AC & MM.

Gotta get ready for work, will break it down salary wise later
    I apologize but I need to bombard you with questions this early. I think you already know how fascinated I am with this type of topic regarding offseason acquisitions and the cap, especially coz I think you're one of the posters in here who's always one step ahead playing GM and all. I thought G1 knew a lot of cap related things then there was this one poster from the past who had crazy knowledge about it, too. gr8 something.. man he was legendary.

Anyway:

1. KCP to MIA makes sense. I don't think they resign Oladipo and if they could get someone better DEFENSIVELY, I think they take KCP over Duncan Robinson (21' RFA). About Riley though, would you think that he'd even have the willingness to help out a team like the Lakers especially if we win it all again this season?

2. The game of KK has evolved entirely but I believe that Kuzma became who he is today partly coz of those outlets from Zo. Truly enjoyed that chapter. In your opinion though, would you say that a champion like Kuz (potentially two time champ) would take a step back and play behind a Julius Randle? New York city would be perfect for him though. That'll totally sell.

3. Among your ideas, #3 is my favorite coz it gives the Lakers a lanky, athletic big who isnt too expensive. I've always liked the game of WCS. It's feasible but a whole lotta work and persuasion. Gotta make Cuban agree. Actually Fck Cuban, what Luka wants Luka gets. Knowing DS though... lol I don't know man. He's mr. I already did that in OKC/ATL.

4. $23m is awesome value for MM, AC & THT. You've mentioned the retention of Keef, what do you think happens to Marc next season?

5. Who would you want for those 2 vet min spots should all this happen?

Appreciate all your inputs as always, Tx.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 04-12-2021 at 10:21 AM.