Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,154
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I was stating my opinion. As in 0% chance..
    I heard it bro

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    28,154
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I’d trade for Paul. Let him and Bron expire together and then go after someone in 2022. There’s a good group that should be available then. AD will only be 29 going into that summer. We chased Kawhi and really there’s no reason to assume Giannis is coming here. We should be in win now mode instead of trying to get a young superstar. Just my opinion. Not that it matters..
    Actually that's a good plan overall except for CP3, faq him.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,488
    Too much salary and depth, as a result, will be going out. Also if CP3 gets injured (which most likely at this stage of his career he will), then we will not only lose a superstar but also our depth. Now if he renegotiates his contract or does a team friendly contract and takes a lot less (which he shouldn't), then it will work. If CP3 wants to leave millions on the table for a chip, then power to him. I wouldn't. That is the only way we are realistically getting him. Also his defense at this stage of his career is not better than AB or KCP.

    The only position I would look at is the backup point guard. Make a small trade for that. Dinwiddie comes to mind and he will cost much less.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,888
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I’d trade for Paul. Let him and Bron expire together and then go after someone in 2022. There’s a good group that should be available then. AD will only be 29 going into that summer. We chased Kawhi and really there’s no reason to assume Giannis is coming here. We should be in win now mode instead of trying to get a young superstar. Just my opinion. Not that it matters..
    Thinking about this for awhile I'd do it for the right deal. Our best chance at a championship in the foreseeable future is with LBJ, meaning in the next 2 years.

    CP makes $41 million, we will have about $15 million in cap space, to get to 75% of CPs contract that's roughly $30 million. We wouldn't have to gut our roster if we centered a deal around Green and a draft pick(s). Green, Rondo and a 1st should get talks started if CP doesn't want to be there. Of course a trade exception also. Really doubt many teams will be interested in CP.

    CP would be great running the team while LBJ sits, plus also LBJ respects and trusts CP to run the team some while both on the court together.

    If we wouldn't have to gut the team I'd do it.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,888
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Too much salary and depth, as a result, will be going out. Also if CP3 gets injured (which most likely at this stage of his career he will), then we will not only lose a superstar but also our depth. Now if he renegotiates his contract or does a team friendly contract and takes a lot less (which he shouldn't), then it will work. If CP3 wants to leave millions on the table for a chip, then power to him. I wouldn't. That is the only way we are realistically getting him. Also his defense at this stage of his career is not better than AB or KCP.

    The only position I would look at is the backup point guard. Make a small trade for that. Dinwiddie comes to mind and he will cost much less.
    NBA isn't like the NFL, contracts are in stone. No renegotiating unless its a buyout.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15,276
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Thinking about this for awhile I'd do it for the right deal. Our best chance at a championship in the foreseeable future is with LBJ, meaning in the next 2 years.

    CP makes $41 million, we will have about $15 million in cap space, to get to 75% of CPs contract that's roughly $30 million. We wouldn't have to gut our roster if we centered a deal around Green and a draft pick(s). Green, Rondo and a 1st should get talks started if CP doesn't want to be there. Of course a trade exception also. Really doubt many teams will be interested in CP.

    CP would be great running the team while LBJ sits, plus also LBJ respects and trusts CP to run the team some while both on the court together.

    If we wouldn't have to gut the team I'd do it.
    This. We wouldn’t have to gut the team at all.. If we want to add another all star level player this is the route we’re going to have to go. I can’t see anyone wanting to trade an all star for what we have unless it’s to alleviate another teams salary issues.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    NBA isn't like the NFL, contracts are in stone. No renegotiating unless its a buyout.
    oh ya that's true. Then he has to agree to a buy out and he will have to leave a lot of money for that to happen. It's possible but not probable.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,888
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    oh ya that's true. Then he has to agree to a buy out and he will have to leave a lot of money for that to happen. It's possible but not probable.
    I remember reading that OKC wasn't concerned about lowering/dumping salary. In contrary, I read they were willing to take on bad contracts for their expiring contracts for the right price. Then they went on their hot streak.

    Presti understands that OKC isn't gonna attract star free agents so acquiring cap space isn't high on his agenda. They're gonna have to rebuild through the draft so acquiring draft picks is what he wants.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,320
    Greetings all, hope all are well, if I’ve missed anything tragic my apologies.

    I needed to talk Lakers for some mental relief.

    A resumed season and a ring for us, will change a lot of our forward thinking. Say we win the ring.

    A Chris Paul Trade would have so many ramifications. Let’s forget the hefty contract he brings. As long as we shore up AD, which I think is a given, we’ll be fine. Jeannie has deep pockets. CP’s arrival though would affect the thinking of so many others.

    I suspect Green is gone in any trade for the $$$, Rondo would probablybe gone in an option and retire move again for $$$. And I strongly suggest any trade would include Kuz and our pick. OKC, love CP3, but are in a great position to rebuild with trade assets in Gallinari/Schroeder and off course Adams. They can get a great young roster up and going pretty quickly and save money. Kuz would be integral to their thinking. Is CP3 worth Green and Kuzma. With an ageing LBJ, yep, he sure is. We’ll win more rings and when they expire together we’ll have AD and a ‘billion’ in capspace.

    What does Caruso do? CP3 will take big minutes with AB next off the bench. He could ask to go to OKC in the trade, or ask for a trade elsewhere. Love the bloke, but he’s not absolute star quality and could play more elsewhere. For his own future I’d ask for a trade, and the team could potentially get a shooter or wing in return.
    Cook? He’s a solid depth piece, he’ll be happy to ride the bench fo some rings.
    KCP - stays, obvious. Happy with him off bench.
    Javale - here’s the biggest question. Does he stay or does he go. I see Dwight absolutely returning for potentially the exception, DMC re-signing on a one year prove it and I reckon Markieff would love to stay on a vet min and get those backup 3/4 minutes behind LBJ and AD. Does Javale though stay for a vet min deal for a shot at another ring while playing with his mates, or does he look for another payday, I reckon he stays. Success over money time.
    Waiters - hopefully gets a shot to show his wares this season, but think he returns on a prove it deal and to play with his Klutch buddies. In 2 years he’ll be back to getting good money again and will have a couple of rings. Good option for the 2 spot.
    THT - OKC draft fodder or potential retain due to connections. Not the worst project either.

    Players will come from everywhere to play with this Big3 on Vet deals. Expect Melo to be the first, Korver not far behind. It’ll look really good for a 2015 roster - Paul, James, Anthony, Davis, Howard - yep, we’ll be really old, not that we aren’t now, but we’ll be really deep too. It won’t be Malone-Payton II though. They’ll also potentially buy a 2nd rounder or two and get a draft and stash and/or a slider orG-League standout. Our late drafting has been very good.

    Stay safe everyone from Down Under. Peace.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I remember reading that OKC wasn't concerned about lowering/dumping salary. In contrary, I read they were willing to take on bad contracts for their expiring contracts for the right price. Then they went on their hot streak.

    Presti understands that OKC isn't gonna attract star free agents so acquiring cap space isn't high on his agenda. They're gonna have to rebuild through the draft so acquiring draft picks is what he wants.
    Ya. Makes perfect sense. Sorry for the delay. I am not paying as much attention to PSD as much. This homeschooling stuff is killing me LOL.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Greetings all, hope all are well, if I’ve missed anything tragic my apologies.

    I needed to talk Lakers for some mental relief.

    A resumed season and a ring for us, will change a lot of our forward thinking. Say we win the ring.

    A Chris Paul Trade would have so many ramifications. Let’s forget the hefty contract he brings. As long as we shore up AD, which I think is a given, we’ll be fine. Jeannie has deep pockets. CP’s arrival though would affect the thinking of so many others.

    I suspect Green is gone in any trade for the $$$, Rondo would probablybe gone in an option and retire move again for $$$. And I strongly suggest any trade would include Kuz and our pick. OKC, love CP3, but are in a great position to rebuild with trade assets in Gallinari/Schroeder and off course Adams. They can get a great young roster up and going pretty quickly and save money. Kuz would be integral to their thinking. Is CP3 worth Green and Kuzma. With an ageing LBJ, yep, he sure is. We’ll win more rings and when they expire together we’ll have AD and a ‘billion’ in capspace.

    What does Caruso do? CP3 will take big minutes with AB next off the bench. He could ask to go to OKC in the trade, or ask for a trade elsewhere. Love the bloke, but he’s not absolute star quality and could play more elsewhere. For his own future I’d ask for a trade, and the team could potentially get a shooter or wing in return.
    Cook? He’s a solid depth piece, he’ll be happy to ride the bench fo some rings.
    KCP - stays, obvious. Happy with him off bench.
    Javale - here’s the biggest question. Does he stay or does he go. I see Dwight absolutely returning for potentially the exception, DMC re-signing on a one year prove it and I reckon Markieff would love to stay on a vet min and get those backup 3/4 minutes behind LBJ and AD. Does Javale though stay for a vet min deal for a shot at another ring while playing with his mates, or does he look for another payday, I reckon he stays. Success over money time.
    Waiters - hopefully gets a shot to show his wares this season, but think he returns on a prove it deal and to play with his Klutch buddies. In 2 years he’ll be back to getting good money again and will have a couple of rings. Good option for the 2 spot.
    THT - OKC draft fodder or potential retain due to connections. Not the worst project either.

    Players will come from everywhere to play with this Big3 on Vet deals. Expect Melo to be the first, Korver not far behind. It’ll look really good for a 2015 roster - Paul, James, Anthony, Davis, Howard - yep, we’ll be really old, not that we aren’t now, but we’ll be really deep too. It won’t be Malone-Payton II though. They’ll also potentially buy a 2nd rounder or two and get a draft and stash and/or a slider orG-League standout. Our late drafting has been very good.

    Stay safe everyone from Down Under. Peace.
    Good write up.

    Take care over there and let's all hope that the season starts sooner than later.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,888
    Looking at our next seasons cap situation closer, we will have about $15 million before reaching the LT. We will already be over the salary cap. So that $15 million is wiggle room to re-sign our own free agents. We won't have that in free agency nor can we use it as a trade exception to take on a larger contract (ex. CP3). In order for us to get CP3 via trade we'd have to send out $30 million-ish in contracts. That'll be at least 5-6 players. I wouldn't do that.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,004
    Lakers are going to be a desirable destination this next season now...for sure

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Looking at our next seasons cap situation closer, we will have about $15 million before reaching the LT. We will already be over the salary cap. So that $15 million is wiggle room to re-sign our own free agents. We won't have that in free agency nor can we use it as a trade exception to take on a larger contract (ex. CP3). In order for us to get CP3 via trade we'd have to send out $30 million-ish in contracts. That'll be at least 5-6 players. I wouldn't do that.
    That was basically my point but you explained it much better LOL.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Lakers are going to be a desirable destination this next season now...for sure

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Especially if we win the chip (if the season starts that is to say). We have been playing the right way and have had great coaching and team chemistry. A lot of people would want to be part of that. Our FO reputation is better also.

    "I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •