Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 381 of 435 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 6520
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    IMO the only way Portland moves Grant is if they trade Lillard 1st.

IMO of course, if it's Bev, Nunn, picks we're trading

Best player - Turner... Poeltl.... Randle (Randle probably cheaper)
    Best shooter - McDermott.... Hield (McDermott cheaper)
    Best defensive wing - Fournier.... Richardson (could probably get a 2nd to take Fournier)
    Best big/wing combo - Oubre & Plumlee
    Cheapest big/wing combo - Noel & Burks

These can all get done today. Another good combo that is possible IMO is Ross & Bamba but until Jan 15th.

Also ready the other day about NY possibly wanting to move Robinson when available (Jan 15). NY might want to clean house. If that's the case how about RWB & Beverly for Randle, Fournier & Robinson straight up, no picks either way.
    ldawg needs to change his underwear now that you've mentioned the R-name.

Much prefer Burks to Oubre ... Fournier is a decent glue guy but will never be as consistent as you like.

RWB/Bev for those 3 would be incredible.

Best defensive wing - Fournier.... Richardson (could probably get a 2nd to take Fournier)

These can all get done today. Another good combo that is possible IMO is Ross & Bamba but until Jan 15th.

Also ready the other day about NY possibly wanting to move Robinson when available (Jan 15). NY might want to clean house. If that's the case how about RWB & Beverly for Randle, Fournier & Robinson straight up, no picks either way.
    How so?

Also: Gobert got traded for a whole team, what AD worth?

Thanks for the answer. Iím guessing if NY is going to clean house then they would want picks even though your proposed trade has expirings in it. I like the trade for Randle, Fournier and Robinson. Especially Robinson. I would just try to get Robinson with a smaller trade but we would have to give up the 27 pick in my opinion. Robinson will help decrease Lebronís minutes and wear and tear. If we get this version of Westbrook then I think we should keep him unless a really good offer comes along. Last two games we have gotten leads when he has come into the game and really opened up the offense. Has been playing better defense also. Very small sample size though but it seems that this team is starting to play for each other and not themselves. That and Lebron and Westbrook have realized AD is our answer and AD is realizing that he truly is a top 3 player in this league.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Signed Mcallen Tex for the 1000th time

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Portland is not going to let Grant walk.
    No but we dangle a pick maybe? Like Tex said, probably only trade him if they are blowing it up.
    It would have to be a sign and trade and it would kick in the hard cap so we can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    2 teams.
    Exactly

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I think the Gobert trade broke the market ... I don't think that's going to be easy to get anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Fair point ... he probably doesn't want Memphis, Dallas or Portland may work for AD.

Atlanta seems to be broken ... they had a bunch of young talent and they seem to be stuck. I could see them taking a big swing.
    After us, IMO Atlanta would be the next best stop for AD. Taking into consideration on and off the court.

On the court - Young, Murray, Hunter, AD, Capella would be fire.

Off the court, Klutch wouldn't be competing with a rival agency cause both Young & Murray are Klutch clients.

Houston Rockets Receive: G Patrick Beverley, G Kendrick Nunn*

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: G/F Eric Gordon

https://nbaanalysis.net/2022/12/06/n...eric-gordon/3/

Charlotte Hornets Receive: G Patrick Beverley, G Kendrick Nunn, 2027 First-Round Pick (LAL)*

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: G Terry Rozier

https://nbaanalysis.net/2022/12/06/n...eric-gordon/4/

I think Pat Bev he would rather want to be on a contender especially since he has been in the playoffs every year since he's come into the league and I can't see him wanting to go back to Houston especially if they are rebuilding

Now I can easily see him wanting to go to Sacramento to the Kings, or you send him back to Minnesota for a 2nd go around or you send him to the Phoenix Suns

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Houston Rockets Receive: G Patrick Beverley, G Kendrick Nunn*

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: G/F Eric Gordon

https://nbaanalysis.net/2022/12/06/n...eric-gordon/3/

Charlotte Hornets Receive: G Patrick Beverley, G Kendrick Nunn, 2027 First-Round Pick (LAL)*

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: G Terry Rozier

https://nbaanalysis.net/2022/12/06/n...eric-gordon/4/
    I like the Gordon trade but I don't know how much he has left in the tank. Haven't seen him play this year. I think we need a shooting guard more than a point guard in Rozier. Plus we keep a pick by not getting Rozier. I don't think Rozier moves the needle enough to warrant a pick.

It does look like this team is playing better even without AD last night. We made some threes then it could have been much closer.

Report: Lakers more likely to make a trade because of how well Anthony Davis is playing
    The Lakers are reportedly ready to get Anthony Davis (and LeBron James) some help on the trade market.

The Lakersí hesitance to make a big trade this season has come about for a variety of reasons, some fairer than others. The most prominent one seems to be that the front office did not want to go all-in on a team they werenít convinced could be a winner, hence the various deadlines and benchmark moments throughout the early stages of the season.

What that timespan allowed the Lakers to see, particularly in recent weeks, is that this team can compete and thatís largely because of how well Anthony Davis has played. This Lakers team was always going to rely heavily on LeBron James and AD and, after a rough start, the pair have stepped up to the challenge.

The result is a front office convinced that this team can be a winner and prepared to make a move. After Anthony Davisí strong week and overall play this year, Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report writes are more convinced to make a trade now (emphasis mine).

Up until recently, the front office was close to letting this yearís Lakers die on the vine. Rather than ship out Russell Westbrook and one or both of their available future first-round picks (2027 and 2029) to bolster a lost cause, the Lakers seemed resigned to waiting to shop for bigger upgrades around the 2023 draft and free agency. Los Angeles has preserved roughly $30-35 million in cap space for this upcoming summer.

But this recent surge makes a trade more likely than the alternative. Going for it this season is more of an option with Davis playing this well, picks and future cap space be damned.

At this point, no matter what the reasoning is, the Lakers should be looking to make a trade. Whether itís dealing Russell Westbrook or the path that is seemingly becoming more attractive in parting with a package of Kendrick Nunn and Patrick Beverley, improvements should be made to the roster to give this team a fighting chance.

Thereís already enough concern about wasting a year of LeBron James at this stage in his career. But wasting a year of AD playing at this level on top of that would be front office malpractice.

For now, considering how close they are to the date now, it makes sense to wait until Dec. 15 when more plays become trade eligible. But given how much the Western Conference feels up for grabs in the moment, the quicker the Lakers make a trade, the quicker they could move up the standings and take advantage of the situation.

It will require the Lakers to be proactive in the coming weeks but after sitting back and remaining inactive for so long to start this year, they should be in a position ready to pounce by now.

Mamba Forever

Maybe our FO was letting AD and Lebron know if they were playing possum and not motivated to win, then we will not go all in. Since AD and Westbrook have been playing much better, I think our FO is willing to make a trade. That Fournier and Reddish would be awesome. Probably just need to give up a second pick. I don't think we will need a first since we are taking Fournier's contract and giving them two expirings. Plus Iron will get a Frenchman in the house.