Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2329
    Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    Another probably unpopular take from me but I would rather take Carmelo over Duncan... can get Melo for the vet min and he'd be more effective than Kuz...
    I dont think Rob will take a chance on offensive minded players again unless itís to fill the end of the bench. He brought it offensive minded players and look what they did. Not much. Trez Iíll give a pass because the poor guy really didnít play in the playoffs for me to make a statement on his performance.

Lonzo would be great to bring back if he takes a small discount to be back home, and on a true contender. DS will get a bigger offer from a building team and give us an easy out to try something different.

Trez will most likely leave, Drummond might wanna stay but heís gonna want big money. Gasol can be our back up, but we need someone like Noel to start.

Also replacing Danny green a great defending forward with Mathews, a smaller guard, hurt us quite a bit, we lost the length we used to have, Covington might be a good fit, or grant, but will most likely have to give up Kuz, or sign and trades with Caruso or THT. Adding Melo would easily replace Kuzís points when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    Got Damn it. I hate to admit it, but its one of the few times I agree with Magic Johnson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...-and-attitude/
    Lol me too.

Lol before I get gang banged on this one, I didnít say I agreed on that article I just pasted the link for conversation purposes. I honestly havenít looked into it enough to really have an opinion but Bookers last game pretty much summed that up as that article being bogus.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...return-to-heat

Let the rumors and trade machines fly: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5tmbhog

unfortunately the trade machine is behind on updated contracts so ariza and nunn wouldn't be in there but just using their 2020 salaries this works...

Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...return-to-heat

Let the rumors and trade machines fly: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5tmbhog

unfortunately the trade machine is behind on updated contracts so ariza and nunn wouldn't be in there but just using their 2020 salaries this works...
    Or better yet http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5omc2de

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Yep. I soured on him the moment he came wanted a starting gig. I was never for taking the ball out Lebron hands. How do you join the champs and want to run the show? then on top of that turn down more money than what you worth. Then he did not play well.
    Lakers need a Dynamic guard at pg or sg that can play make, play D and catch and shoot. Zack Lavine would have been perfect but Bulls is trying to build around him now. Not sure who can they get but Dennis aint it.
    He thinks he is superstar. He plays more like the Waterboy. We might not even make it to the playoffs if Frank Vogel left him in the game during the play-in tournament. I'm done with DS. He is overrated. We need tough veterans who has a high basketball IQ.

The only core members in our team that I want to keep for now is: AD, Lebron, Alex Caruso, THT, Wesley Matthews, Ben McLemore and Markieff Morris. The rest can be traded or turned into kitty litter.

Starting to think that KCP should be given another chance. It ain't easy being the starting 2 under Vogel's system and be the primary defender who needs to stay in front of scoring oriented backcourts and go through brutal screens every single game.

We've got a great set of guys to do the job. AC, KCP and Wes. Thing is you gotta preserve those legs for the long grind.

If the Lakers are running it back, players like Trez and THT needs to see a TON of playing time during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Starting to think that KCP should be given another chance. It ain't easy being the starting 2 under Vogel's system and be the primary defender who needs to stay in front of scoring oriented backcourts and go through brutal screens every single game.

We've got a great set of guys to do the job. AC, KCP and Wes. Thing is you gotta preserve those legs for the long grind.

If the Lakers are running it back, players like Trez and THT needs to see a TON of playing time during the regular season.
    Even though KCP had a really bad stretch in the middle of the season I never seen him as the problem. He doesn't rock the boat. He plays his role without complaining. He isn't a me 1st player trying to make sure he gets his shots up. I haven't checked but I'm sure he probably has the lowest FGAs (7.6) per game amongst starting SGs in the NBA. And that # went up when we were playing without AD & LBJ.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Yep. I soured on him the moment he came wanted a starting gig. I was never for taking the ball out Lebron hands. How do you join the champs and want to run the show? then on top of that turn down more money than what you worth. Then he did not play well.
    Lakers need a Dynamic guard at pg or sg that can play make, play D and catch and shoot. Zack Lavine would have been perfect but Bulls is trying to build around him now. Not sure who can they get but Dennis aint it.
    Caruso fits the bill. He plays defense, can catch and shoot (shot .401 from 3 regular season) and keeps the ball moving when not in a catch and shoot position. In other words, he doesn't pound the ball.

KAT/Kuz/Edwards/Beasley/DLO Would be a nice looking starting 5 and I want a legit playmaker to lead the bench. Tired of seeing a stagnant offense when LBJ sits.

Me 1st DS didn't help, too.

#resignandstartCaruso

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    KAT/Kuz/Edwards/Beasley/DLO Would be a nice looking starting 5 and I want a legit playmaker to lead the bench. Tired of seeing a stagnant offense when LBJ sits.

Me 1st DS didn't help, too.

#resignandstartCaruso
    IMO this is where I believe THT can begin his progression. He has playmaking abilities and he has shown a willingness to pass. DS was such a bad player for us, I believe his selfishness rubbed off on THT. Let him lead the 2nd unit with a solid vet next to him that mentor/talk to him on the court (Mathews or your boy D. Green). Someone that isn't gonna try and take away his shine and can also catch and shoot the 3. I know Green didn't have a good 1st stint with us but this will be a different role with less expectations and salary (vet min).

Keep Kuz so THT won't be our only ball handler on the 2nd unit.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Caruso fits the bill. He plays defense, can catch and shoot (shot .401 from 3 regular season) and keeps the ball moving when not in a catch and shoot position. In other words, he doesn't pound the ball.
    He is more reliant on the stars. Need someone that can handle their own. He is more Derrick Fisher which is not bad but they need more of a Tony Parker. If not then a sg someone like CJ, Dinwiddie, or Buddy. Beal would be perfect to. When KCP is on it shows a sample of whats missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    He thinks he is superstar. He plays more like the Waterboy. We might not even make it to the playoffs if Frank Vogel left him in the game during the play-in tournament. I'm done with DS. He is overrated. We need tough veterans who has a high basketball IQ.

The only core members in our team that I want to keep for now is: AD, Lebron, Alex Caruso, THT, Wesley Matthews, Ben McLemore and Markieff Morris. The rest can be traded or turned into kitty litter.
    I am Ready to move on from all those guys. Two years in a row they did not shoot well.
    Lebron, Davis, THT, Caruso, Drummond. I think the rest can go. I would say Harrell to but i think hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    IMO this is where I believe THT can begin his progression. He has playmaking abilities and he has shown a willingness to pass. DS was such a bad player for us, I believe his selfishness rubbed off on THT. Let him lead the 2nd unit with a solid vet next to him that mentor/talk to him on the court (Mathews or your boy D. Green). Someone that isn't gonna try and take away his shine and can also catch and shoot the 3. I know Green didn't have a good 1st stint with us but this will be a different role with less expectations and salary (vet min).

Keep Kuz so THT won't be our only ball handler on the 2nd unit.
    Lol yea I'd like to have him back. KCP/WES/DG rotation. Was looking at ex Lakers, Wayne Ellington, great shooter but no D. Like what I've mentioned in the other thread, we'll need 3/Ds just in case the threes don't fall. haha

Kuzma though...