Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Trade suggestion I saw:

Luke Kennard Joins the Lakers

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: G/F Luke Kennard

Detroit Pistons Receive: 2020 No. 28 overall pick, SG Talen Horton-Tucker, G Quinn Cook

Despite winning the 2019-20 title, the Lakers were not a good outside shooting team.

L.A. ranked just 21st during the regular season in three-point accuracy (34.9 percent), finishing 12th out of 16 teams during the playoffs (35.4 percent).

Kennard would instantly become the Lakers' best outside threat as a 40.2 percent lifetime shooter from three who canned 42.2 percent of his catch-and-shoot threes this past season. At 6'5", he can line up at shooting guard or small forward, keeping the floor spaced for LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

At 24, Kennard is still improving and will be a restricted free agent next offseason, meaning the Lakers can match any offer he receives. This wouldn't just be a rental.

For the Pistons, getting a first-round pick in this draft and a 19-year-old guard in Horton-Tucker is good value for the team's rebuild.

A late first-rounder puts Detroit in position to grab a player such as Tre Jones, Jaden McDaniels or Cassius Winston, and Horton-Tucker averaged 18.1 points, 6.3 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.4 steals in 38 G League games as a rookie.

Cook gives the Pistons a veteran guard in the backcourt to help mentor whichever point guard the team likely selects with one of its first-round picks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-can-make-now
    I'd do that all day. Really doubt though that that would be the best offer Detroit would get for Kennard.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Derrick Roseís wife laughs off Lakers trade rumor
    Ok

Doesnít mean he still canít be a laker.

But knowing the Clippers amazing FO, theyíll get DRose

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'd do that all day. Really doubt though that that would be the best offer Detroit would get for Kennard.
    I dont know, but I'm thinking Horton might actually be a decent player in the League.

That little glimpse in the playoffs showed some possibilities.

And why is it that when we bring in a supposed good shooter they forget how to make the 3 point shot...

Svi, Bullock, Danny green, mike muscala..troy Daniel's...

These dudes had wide open shots...

I'm wondering when opposing players play against us are they thinking....man...if I had all that room and time I would definitely make a lot more than those dudes!

If you got Lebron and AD you are definitely going to get a lot of great looks and our shooters have bot taken advantage in my mind.

KCP and Morris shot well in the playoffs though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Ok

Doesnít mean he still canít be a laker.

But knowing the Clippers amazing FO, theyíll get DRose
    I like what DRose can bring to the Lakers but I wouldn't go as far as trying to force the issue. If he goes anywhere, I'd prefer that he goes to the Clips.

Weaker perimeter d, less touches for Kawhi.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-laker...g-trade-talks/

This makes me wonder what AC's trade value really is... would AC, Kuz, and Green actually be enough to land us a Beal? Lavine? A. Gordon? Drummond+Garland+pick(s)?

This is the Lakers forum, anyone other then Luka and we get ripped off.
    Very true. Very true.

I wanna say run it back but I know that we'll need a playmaker who can cover for LBJ/Rondo in the regular season. Main reason why I'd like to see the Lakers get something of value in return should they decide to trade Kyle Kuzma.

Maybe a 3way with NYK and IND?

Knicks get Oladipo, Cook and #27 via IND
    Pacers get Kuzma, Green, Bullock and picks #8/#28 via LAL
    Lakers get Payton, McDermott

NYK - basically its #8 for a Oladipo and another 1st
    Robinson/Gibson
    Randle/Portis
    Barrett/Knox
    Oladipo/Ellington
    Ntilikina/DSJ

IND- Acquires two starters and a package of Turner/Lamb/#8/#28 for a superstar
    Sabonis/Goga
    Kuzma/Leaf
    Warren/Bullock
    Green/J.Holiday
    Brogdon/A.Holiday

LAL Acquires a 3rd playmaker behind LBJ/Rondo, a much needed shooter and a couple of vets via FA
    Re-sign: Rondo/KCP/Bradley
    MLE: Marcus Morris/Dwight Howard
    BAE: Markieff Morris
    VM: DMC/Dudz

Howard/Morris (DMC)
    Davis/Morris (Dudz)
    LBJ/McDermott (Kostas)
    KCP/Caruso (THT)
    Bradley/Payton (Rondo)
    Last edited by Mave1002; 10-23-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clifborder4fm View Post
    https://lakersdaily.com/report-laker...g-trade-talks/

This makes me wonder what AC's trade value really is... would AC, Kuz, and Green actually be enough to land us a Beal? Lavine? A. Gordon? Drummond+Garland+pick(s)?
    AC is a keeper. He will just get better with Lebron on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Yep... virtually impossible to get anyone of equal value.

AC being of value is beyond the point. A keeper is someone you need in order to win. AC is not that. Anytime lakers can include him in a trade to net a Beal, Lavine you pull that trade and donít look back.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    AC being of value is beyond the point. A keeper is someone you need in order to win. AC is not that. Anytime lakers can include him in a trade to net a Beal, Lavine you pull that trade and donít look back.
    Eh? so........... if AC is not that.... the Lakers coach was probably lying when he said Ďevery teamí wanted Alex Caruso during trade talks.

Got me fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Yep... virtually impossible to get anyone of equal value.
    He is our Derrick Fisher. His value is beyond his contract. And agreed, we will never get equal value. He has proven he can play in a close out game in the finals and play well. I harped on KCP like a lot of guys and ate crow with no problems but that dude is a keeper also.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    That's why he started game 6 (a close out game in the finals) and played well. We played the best defense that I've seen for a long time. Close to the Bulls defense with Rodman on that team.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Danny Green gets too much hate. Dude was a clear cut starter on a championship team. People be bashing him just cause he shot 34% from three instead of 40%. He hasn't done that since 2016 in the playoffs, btw.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    We can do better eventually. By the way, there are more that oppose your feelings about this guy.
    Only on here. And if you look, itís the same 10 or so posters.

Could see that coming. What about Snell? Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    No, he is not a keeper. There will be tons of interest and we WILL trade him if a decent trade comes up. I like AC, but heís not a key role player.

And for the draft enthusiasts - have read twice now that Payton Pritchard out of Oregon has a first round promise and it is most likely us. Take the time to read his bio - sounds like a good mature age PG/SG prospect for this squad.

Finally thereís some traction of having a true offseason.

Draft
    Trades
    Free agency

Letís do this !!!

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast