Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: After 15

After 15

Here's my view on each player so far....

LBJ - As a Laker first time (to me) that he hasn't been stat padding. At the end of the day though his stats are still MVP worthy. Amazing... Excluding AD last season first time (to me) that he's self sacrificing (stats) to let DS incorporate himself into the offense. I 100% get a "nothing but championship on mind" from LBJ.

AD - I'm really hoping he's more relaxed because he got that that monkey off his back last season so now coasting cause he also has that "nothing but championship on mind" I see LBJ having. He's not playing with that chip on his shoulder this season. BUT I have to say that I'm a bit worried that he could've gotten comfortable and picked up that "I'm the Champ, nobody can tell me anything. I'm too cool for school" attitude that Kawhi had last season.

DS - He's just not as good as he (and many here) thinks he is. I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's an above average offensive player, a younger Lou Williams. I do see alot of him playing for his next contract. Has already turned down a 2 year $33 million extension, to me that's already too much. IMO contract wise he should paid in the same class as Jordan Clarkson, Spencer Dinwiddie, KCP, Kyle Kuzma. Reminds me of last season when I said all season that DG was over-rated and that Mathews can can do what he does for the minimum, I think DS is over-rated and Reggie Jackson can do what he does for the minimum.

KCP - I admit I'm biased here (my favorite Laker), other then passing up the shot last night he's been great all season. Has excepted his role 100% and doesn't take bad shots.

KK - Really proud of him. Can't say he still has a certain role for our team other then basketball "player". Looks like he longer has the mindset of off the bench scorer and just off the bench player.

MH - Is what he is, an off the bench monster. Doesn't have an offensive arsenal, just that todays pretty boys aren't gonna get in front of him and take a charge. Better rebounder then I thought.

MG - Has exceeded my expectation but I admit my expectations weren't high to begin with. Probably the highest BBIQ in the game for a C. His contributions to the team reminds me of Danny Greens last season, not great at anything but just does soo many little things good.

THT - Great pre-season and had good few games to start the season. IMO the moment got too big too fast for him. Started reading his own headlines. Started forcing and had back to back bad games and IMO his confidence is now shot. IMO Vogel needs bring him back slowly and let him earn PT by playing the right way and stop trying to make headlines.

MM - I expected a bit more but with the addition MH it's understandable. Also have to consider he signed a vet minimum contract so it's not like he's overpaid.

AC - IMO he should be starting PG. He's just everywhere. Always in the right place at the right time. Plays hard every play. And now his shot is falling OMG. FWIW he's my wifes favorite player

WM - A solid vet off the bench. An ultimate professionable. Has 2 jobs, play defense and shoot the 3 and does them well. Doesn't complain and looks grateful just to be part of the team.

QC, AM, JD Nothing needs to be said about them but hopefully they're good locker room guys.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

AD is the biggest question mark actually, his slow start and how he seems to be uninterested to score and playing far from the basket ... I guess he wants to keep himself (probably too much) healthy for the post season. As long as he delivers like last year in the playoffs it will be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    AD is the biggest question mark actually, his slow start and how he seems to be uninterested to score and playing far from the basket ... I guess he wants to keep himself (probably too much) healthy for the post season. As long as he delivers like last year in the playoffs it will be fine with me.
    Post LeBron, we are really gonna need a type A superstar personality to pair up with AD cuz AD ainít that type of franchise player and he ainít bout dat life.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Post LeBron, we are really gonna need a type A superstar personality to pair up with AD cuz AD ainít that type of franchise player and he ainít bout dat life.
    Yeah we knew it before acquiring him, he's the best #2 option of the planet but not a Lebron type player, honestly who is?

Superstar leaders are a dying breed. IMO when LBJ retires teams with the most talent will take over. I think we'll be alright. If LBJ does indeed retire after the 22/23 season and neither Beal, Jokic or Embiid sign extensions they will all be UFAs that off-season. Them are the 3 big names, landing one of them along with a player like Brogdon, Capela or another player in their same talent level we'll still be the team to beat IMO.

But IMO LBJ only signed a 2 year extension because that's all he could sign for due to the over 38 rule. He can't sign an extension that takes him beyond his 38th b-day. I really think he signs for 1 more year after the 22/23 season to set the table for Ben Simmons in 2024. Both Simmons and Booker will be UFAs (assuming they don't sign extensions) that summer.

In spite of all the changes and missteps, Lakers are first in the league. They are still a working product preparing for the second ring. Dennis is a keeper and way better than Williams. This guy just needs more time to polish his passing skills. Kubmass is just a guy that can score inconsistently with no defense. Trade him for Tucker!We need help at center. Lakers need to acquire a more athletic player from the waivers.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Superstar leaders are a dying breed. IMO when LBJ retires teams with the most talent will take over. I think we'll be alright. If LBJ does indeed retire after the 22/23 season and neither Beal, Jokic or Embiid sign extensions they will all be UFAs that off-season. Them are the 3 big names, landing one of them along with a player like Brogdon, Capela or another player in their same talent level we'll still be the team to beat IMO.

But IMO LBJ only signed a 2 year extension because that's all he could sign for due to the over 38 rule. He can't sign an extension that takes him beyond his 38th b-day. I really think he signs for 1 more year after the 22/23 season to set the table for Ben Simmons in 2024. Both Simmons and Booker will be UFAs (assuming they don't sign extensions) that summer.
    Simmons never! Suns will be sure to keep him away from us, but if he wants to actually win, he might push a trade. Love this guyís game.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    In spite of all the changes and missteps, Lakers are first in the league. They are still a working product preparing for the second ring. Dennis is a keeper and way better than Williams. This guy just needs more time to polish his passing skills. Kubmass is just a guy that can score inconsistently with no defense. Trade him for Tucker!We need help at center. Lakers need to acquire a more athletic player from the waivers.
    Kuzma is taking 4.8 threes per game and hitting them at a .403 clip, you think that is inconsistent?

Can you please tell me how is Schroder "way better" then Williams? What criteria are you using to say that?

Simmons never! Suns will be sure to keep him away from us, but if he wants to actually win, he might push a trade. Love this guyís game.
    Simmons has a really good relationship with LBJ, that counts for alot. As long as Booker doesn't sign an extension he will become an UFA in 2024, Phoenix wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Kuzma is taking 4.8 threes per game and hitting them at a .403 clip, you think that is inconsistent?

Can you please tell me how is Schroder "way better" then Williams? What criteria are you using to say that?
    I am not going to change your mind about the player or players you like or dislike. I would like Dennis to stay and Kuzma to go. Williams is a terrible defender. Dennis is way better than him in this department. Dennis San create more for other players and is younger. This means he is going to get better. But again, I respect your opinion. Pelinka will let us know sooner or later which players will stay longer.
    Lebron is the one!

I think it's still too early to tell anything regarding AD and Lebron. You can tell they are coasting and they should be. This was the quickest turnaround in the history of the 4 major sports. I honestly don't care if we are not seeded #1. Don't think we are going to get people in the stands by then so it doesn't matter. Let the Clips get the #1 seed.

I am actually impressed by Kuz in the last few games. He is playing hard. Rebounding aggressively and shooting the best he has ever shot in his career. You can tell he has improved because his teammates are looking for him, especially on the break. He is an average defender. NPH wants him out but who do you replace him with? If a player like Kuz was a good defender then he would be a 20-25 million per player. He has found a role and is playing great now. His aggressive rebounding is saving Lebron's and AD's legs for the playoffs.

KCP and AC are doing what they do. Continued their great play from the playoffs last year. Not worried about these two.

THT I feel the Lakers are not playing him to undervalue him. He is a 20 year old player. Good talent but inconsistent.

Schroeder has been better than advertised but is not worth the 20 mil that he is probably asking for. If Lavine is on the block, I would rather have him instead. But don't think that will happen anytime soon. I think Pelinka will cave in and pay him 40 million over two years. Increase in price but less years. A sort of a compromise.

Trez has impressed me. Knew what he can do going to the basket and rebounding but is a much better shooter from midrange than I thought. Really glad Lakers are using his full talents. Playing a more free flowing offense has made him even more dangerous. With AD out there, he will be a better defender.

Gasol is actually doing better than I thought. He was coming off of an injury and was really out of shape. It's bad when he is fatter than Duds. He will improve as the season goes. Also he might be coasting a bit also. Remember that he has made a chip run himself recently so he knows what it entails. Also we have not played any games against Denver and Utah. That's where he will show his real value. Let's see what he does against those two teams before really assessing him. I want him against those two teams then I will make my final judgment on him.

Ok now my wife is yelling at me to get off the computer so I'm done LOL.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

Simmons has a really good relationship with LBJ, that counts for alot. As long as Booker doesn't sign an extension he will become an UFA in 2024, Phoenix wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
    Simmons has a huge problem offensively and unless he develops a shot anywhere around the basket, I do not think he will come. Booker could happen, but is a long shot. I like him.
    Lebron is the one!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I think it's still too early to tell anything regarding AD and Lebron. You can tell they are coasting and they should be. This was the quickest turnaround in the history of the 4 major sports. I honestly don't care if we are not seeded #1. Don't think we are going to get people in the stands by then so it doesn't matter. Let the Clips get the #1 seed.

I am actually impressed by Kuz in the last few games. He is playing hard. Rebounding aggressively and shooting the best he has ever shot in his career. You can tell he has improved because his teammates are looking for him, especially on the break. He is an average defender. NPH wants him out but who do you replace him with? If a player like Kuz was a good defender then he would be a 20-25 million per player. He has found a role and is playing great now. His aggressive rebounding is saving Lebron's and AD's legs for the playoffs.

KCP and AC are doing what they do. Continued their great play from the playoffs last year. Not worried about these two.

THT I feel the Lakers are not playing him to undervalue him. He is a 20 year old player. Good talent but inconsistent.

Schroeder has been better than advertised but is not worth the 20 mil that he is probably asking for. If Lavine is on the block, I would rather have him instead. But don't think that will happen anytime soon. I think Pelinka will cave in and pay him 40 million over two years. Increase in price but less years. A sort of a compromise.

Trez has impressed me. Knew what he can do going to the basket and rebounding but is a much better shooter from midrange than I thought. Really glad Lakers are using his full talents. Playing a more free flowing offense has made him even more dangerous. With AD out there, he will be a better defender.

Gasol is actually doing better than I thought. He was coming off of an injury and was really out of shape. It's bad when he is fatter than Duds. He will improve as the season goes. Also he might be coasting a bit also. Remember that he has made a chip run himself recently so he knows what it entails. Also we have not played any games against Denver and Utah. That's where he will show his real value. Let's see what he does against those two teams before really assessing him. I want him against those two teams then I will make my final judgment on him.

Ok now my wife is yelling at me to get off the computer so I'm done LOL.
    I would love Tucker for Kuzma, because he is a great defender. Dennis is worth $20 based on how much garbage players make producing less. He is totally new in our system, so Pelinka wants to see more from him. We have his birthrights anyway.But if a better player comes along, why not trade him.
    Lakers have to acquire a younger more athletic center to help Gasol. Waivers might provide this one for us. I hope Ariza or another wing defender gets cut or waived. Lakers only have like $900 000 to offer. But I guess they can let Cook go. NBA might let teams add one more D league player to be added. But, I agree no rush to make changes now.
    Lebron is the one!

I would love Tucker for Kuzma, because he is a great defender. Dennis is worth $20 based on how much garbage players make producing less. He is totally new in our system, so Pelinka wants to see more from him. We have his birthrights anyway.But if a better player comes along, why not trade him.
    Lakers have to acquire a younger more athletic center to help Gasol. Waivers might provide this one for us. I hope Ariza or another wing defender gets cut or waived. Lakers only have like $900 000 to offer. But I guess they can let Cook go. NBA might let teams add one more D league player to be added. But, I agree no rush to make changes now.
    I like Tucker also but at this point in their careers I rather keep Kuz. Tucker is 35 years old and played in a system that he had to always guard bigger players. He is only 6'4" or so. We don't have the size this year as we did last year. That may have been a better trade last year. If Tucker was like 30 years old, I would say do it in a heartbeat.

I do agree that we need another athletic 5 that blocks shots and rebounds. Don't need much more.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."