Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1309
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Last game he actually was defending more effectively. But like said, it is a big if.
    Agree, big if.

Kings exploring trades for Nemanja Bjelica

The Kings explored trades for Bjelica around the time of the November draft and will likely continue to do so as they begin to rebuild over the next two to four years with players who fit Fox’s timeline, a source said. The organization’s emphasis on developing younger players has temporarily, at least, eliminated the role of Bjelica, a 32-year-old power forward who had a career year for the Kings last season. – via Sacramento Bee
    Lebron is the one!

The Kings explored trades for Bjelica around the time of the November draft and will likely continue to do so as they begin to rebuild over the next two to four years with players who fit Fox’s timeline, a source said. The organization’s emphasis on developing younger players has temporarily, at least, eliminated the role of Bjelica, a 32-year-old power forward who had a career year for the Kings last season. – via Sacramento Bee
    Wish them the best of luck.

What they meant is that Kubmass is not the third”star” they hope he was. Dennis is in spite that he still a work in progress. He has only played about 18 games with us.
    He always was. Getting a 3rd star is and was always the plan from day 1. They failed at landing a 3rd star so they used him as the main guy off the bench last season. Harrell and Dennis is not stars but it makes the team deep. Did you remember me wanting them to sign Melo instead of Dudley? If i knew Kuzma would need help in that role i am sure Lakers Knew that as well. The difference now he is no longer 3mill a year player moving forward. Now the question is the money, How are you going to spread it. Next season is more market value vs production over contract. can you sign a hungry stretch 4 vet for vet min 8ppg since you dont need 20ppg. Potential?
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-23-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    He always was. Getting a 3rd star is and was always the plan from day 1. They failed at landing a 3rd star so they used him as the main guy off the bench last season. Harrell and Dennis is not stars but it makes the team deep. Did you remember me wanting them to sign Melo instead of Dudley? If i knew Kuzma would need help in that role i am sure Lakers Knew that as well. The difference now he is no longer 3mill a year player moving forward. Now the question is the money, How are you going to spread it. Next season is more market value vs production over contract. can you sign a hungry stretch 4 vet for vet min 8ppg since you dont need 20ppg. Potential?
    Dennis is not a star, but he could develop the ability to lead the team when Lebron and Davis are not there. I will say by the end of February he will be showing more of this. He has accepted his role and he is more on the side of defending and learning the offense. Melo yellow, I am glad he is in Portland. He does not belong with us. So far like you said no changes needed, but eventually Lakers need to put the last touches for the play offs. Maybe just an athletic center. THT puts us on a great situation, because he is coming hard claiming a place.
    Lebron is the one!

Dennis is not a star, but he could develop the ability to lead the team when Lebron and Davis are not there. I will say by the end of February he will be showing more of this. He has accepted his role and he is more on the side of defending and learning the offense. Melo yellow, I am glad he is in Portland. He does not belong with us. So far like you said no changes needed, but eventually Lakers need to put the last touches for the play offs. Maybe just an athletic center. THT puts us on a great situation, because he is coming hard claiming a place.
    No true top tier stars out there so the only thing they can do is build a deep team. Kuzma/THT/Harrell/Dennis all falls in that. Harrel may seek more in a year/THT will want to get paid at season end/Dennis wants to get paid at season end/Kuzma contract will kick in/Caruso will seek more cash. So its not that i view Lavine as a big time star. What it does is help them build a deep team for ageing Lebron. Dennis contract will be a min of 4yrs maybe 18mil. Dennis did not want to come to La at first so i am not 100% sure of his intentions if he gets offer a bigger contract. I do know Zack and Derozan does want to play in LA. Right now i am liking KCP and each player is playing their role well.

For the money i would still flip Kuzma and THT for Zack. Thats just one option. Once Kuzma contract kicks with a sign and trade with THT. So yes these are not moves set for this season in which i think they are good and may just add someone who get bought out or cut.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-24-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    No true top tier stars out there so the only thing they can do is build a deep team. Kuzma/THT/Harrell/Dennis all falls in that. Harrel may seek more in a year/THT will want to get paid at season end/Dennis wants to get paid at season end/Kuzma contract will kick in/Caruso will seek more cash. So its not that i view Lavine as a big time star. What it does is help them build a deep team for ageing Lebron. Dennis contract will be a min of 4yrs maybe 18mil. Dennis did not want to come to La at first so i am not 100% sure of his intentions if he gets offer a bigger contract. I do know Zack and Derozan does want to play in LA. Right now i am liking KCP and each player is playing their role well.

For the money i would still flip Kuzma and THT for Zack. Thats just one option. Once Kuzma contract kicks with a sign and trade with THT. So yes these are not moves set for this season in which i think they are good and may just add someone who get bought out or cut.
    Just trade Kuzma and a pick for Collins

Dennis/THT
    KCP/Caruso/Mathews
    Bron/Morris/Mckinnie
    Collins/Trez
    AD/Gasol

FYI fellas:

"Kyle Kuzma is on a rookie contract and signed an extension that is to begin the following season.

Therefore, he has what is known as a "poison pill" contract. He can no longer be traded for a player making equal money. Instead, his current salary is averaged along with the salaries he is to receive in his extension, and that average becomes his incoming salary for trade purposes. His outgoing value for the Lakers will be $3.5M while his incoming value for the receiving team will be $10.6M."

Damn the Lakers should go after (DET) Wayne Ellington, who is making less than $2M just to like prevent other contenders from signing him

3PT%, as it stands:

1. Alex Caruso 56.7
    2. Seth Curry 56.0
    3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 55.6
    4. Jeff Green 51.9
    5. Wayne Ellington 50.0

God knows how dangerous LBJ is with three lethal shooters (KCP/WES/Ellington) plus Caruso if he can sustain this percentage.

I'm not trading for anyone that I can't pronounce.

"Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Damn the Lakers should go after (DET) Wayne Ellington, who is making less than $2M just to like prevent other contenders from signing him

3PT%, as it stands:

1. Alex Caruso 56.7
    2. Seth Curry 56.0
    3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 55.6
    4. Jeff Green 51.9
    5. Wayne Ellington 50.0

God knows how dangerous LBJ is with three lethal shooters (KCP/WES/Ellington) plus Caruso if he can sustain this percentage.
    Something is definitely up with Wes. Don't think his leg is 100%. People are blowing by him. Maybe let him go and pick up Ellington. Ellie is not much of a defender but he can shoot. Always has been a good shooter.

"Eh, Good Enough."
    Quoted by the not so famous Greek Philosopher, Mediocrates.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Just trade Kuzma and a pick for Collins

Dennis/THT
    KCP/Caruso/Mathews
    Bron/Morris/Mckinnie
    Collins/Trez
    AD/Gasol
    I'm kind of certain Atlanta will have a say so in a trade for Collins.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm kind of certain Atlanta will have a say so in a trade for Collins.
    Ha

Are you sure you dont like my trade to cash in? https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles...-jared-dudley/

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast