Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1356
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    36,790
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    True. I but i am more looking past this season. Lebron is getting old. Leaning more on Davis and Lavine allows us to get the most out of the aging Lebron. I like THT but nothing in the league is set in stone so things can change real fast. Would i say hes going to be better than Ingram? THT solid but i would move him for the sure thing and dont think twice unless i think hes the next Lebron. I like Pope that is why i would also entertain moving Dennis instead and let Lebron play point. A Lavine and Pope back court is long on defense and Lavine can create.

    So its not that i dont like those players i really do and would be fine with no moves at all. What i have to ask myself if THT/Davis can compete i dont know but I do know Davis/Lavine can. Its not saying THT/Davis cant but what i learned over the years being a Laker fan is not to get too caught up in potential. I would be more concern about the overall depth like you state. This is where the free agents come in after that move.
    Worry about now. Lavine is a great score, but like the guy above said, he is not a defensive force to send our depth away. When the time comes, Lebron and Pelinka will make the right move to get the star to pair with Davis in the future. THT has the potential to become that player and Dennis is growing too. Lakers have a young core of solid players, but they might look more that can shoot the three and defend the 5. Harrell if he develops a consistent 5 to 15 feet shot could be part of the fantastic five next season. Kubmass and KCP could bring a star because of what both make combined. This season maybe only one addition by subtraction or just add via waiver.
    Harrell
    Davis
    Lebron
    THT
    Dennis
    Lebron is the one!

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,980
    After that Harden 4 team mega trade I wonder what the Lakers end up doin to counter this

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,252
    Harden looks slimmer in Brooklyn?

    https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/stat...pics-tweets%2F

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Worry about now. Lavine is a great score, but like the guy above said, he is not a defensive force to send our depth away. When the time comes, Lebron and Pelinka will make the right move to get the star to pair with Davis in the future. THT has the potential to become that player and Dennis is growing too. Lakers have a young core of solid players, but they might look more that can shoot the three and defend the 5. Harrell if he develops a consistent 5 to 15 feet shot could be part of the fantastic five next season. Kubmass and KCP could bring a star because of what both make combined. This season maybe only one addition by subtraction or just add via waiver.
    Harrell
    Davis
    Lebron
    THT
    Dennis
    you are kind of contradicting since Zack is more of a now than THT. Either way Kuzma and KCP will not net a star and That time is now. Lebron is 36 and will be 37 next season. Not saying they cant win as is but you cannot at this moment call THT a star. Meaning if THT and Kuzma can net you a star you pull the trigger. KCP or Dennis would be retained as well so its not gutting the team. No way one can say Dennis D is lights ahead of Zack or Beal on defense. No way KCP is better than Zack or Beal overall.

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,071
    Yep I like our depth now. Ideally, get another big for the 15th slot via the buyout market but via trade? doubt that there's any team out there who would want to help the Lakeshow out right now.

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,071
    FYI fellas:

    Vinay Killawala@vkillem 20h
    The Lakers have the bird rights to Caruso & Schroder. Horton-Tucker is an RFA.

    No one needs to be traded for cap space.

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    FYI fellas:

    Vinay Killawala@vkillem 20h
    The Lakers have the bird rights to Caruso & Schroder. Horton-Tucker is an RFA.

    No one needs to be traded for cap space.
    Thats been established the only Player being at risk is THT. If a team offer him a crazy contract Lakers can match but it will put them way over the cap and may decide to let him go. This is one of the reason Perkins think Lakers are trying to hide him so no other team offer a contract they wont be at ease with.

    Dennis and Lakers could not establish an extension but they are still looking forward to a contract that benefit both sides.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-17-2021 at 12:04 PM.

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Yep I like our depth now. Ideally, get another big for the 15th slot via the buyout market but via trade? doubt that there's any team out there who would want to help the Lakeshow out right now.
    We have to hope someone comes available.

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3f5pdqd and a pick. If Lakers can pull it off would be huge.

    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y54ow3wx and a pick

    Gasol, Harrell
    Davis, Morris
    Lebron, Pope
    Lavine, Wesley
    Caruso, THT
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-17-2021 at 11:45 PM.

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,252
    As for holdovers from the James Harden era, the likes of Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker could also find themselves dealt ahead of the NBA trade deadline in March. Despite his lofty contact and injury history, thereís also a chance that the Rockets move off John Wall.

    One thing is abundantly clear right now. Based on the compensation they received from Brooklyn in the Harden trade, these Rockets are headed into a full-scale rebuild.

    https://sportsnaut.com/nba-rumors-ho...ockets-trades/

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,071
    Now I'm seeing a lot of Lakers-Bulls swap scenarios....

    Just my two cents. If the Lakers are shipping someone out alongside the obvious (Kuz) I think they trade Schroder before they do KCP. It's evident that LBJ wanted Schroder on this team but he definitely loves KCP (Klutch connection helps as well).

    Plus I think the Bulls ask for Kuz AND THT. Schro goes to a third team. Would you guys do it? I know I would and I'd never look back.

    -CHI gets a solid young core + DRose retire as a Bull
    -DET gets a legit starting PG, a decent young core and a backup C
    -LAL acquires that third star and a third shooter to play behind KCP/WES

    Bulls
    Carter Jr./Felicio
    Kuzma/Young
    Porter Jr./Williams
    THT/Hutchinson
    Rose/White

    Pistons
    Plumlee/Kornet
    Griffin/Markkenen
    Grant/Bey
    Ellington/Jackson
    Schroder/Hayes

    Lakers
    Gasol/Keef
    AD/Trez (Dudz)
    LBJ/McKinnie
    KCP/Matthews (SVI)
    LaVine/Caruso
    Last edited by Mave1002; 01-18-2021 at 11:22 AM.

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,071
    This video never dies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CkWJYCnZOM skip to @5:55

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    36,790
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    As for holdovers from the James Harden era, the likes of Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker could also find themselves dealt ahead of the NBA trade deadline in March. Despite his lofty contact and injury history, thereís also a chance that the Rockets move off John Wall.

    One thing is abundantly clear right now. Based on the compensation they received from Brooklyn in the Harden trade, these Rockets are headed into a full-scale rebuild.

    https://sportsnaut.com/nba-rumors-ho...ockets-trades/
    Trade Kubmass for this guy like right now!
    He is the perfect back up for Lebron and just imagine him with this guys at one point
    Harrell
    Davis
    Lebron
    Tucker
    Dennis or whoever.
    Pelinka should work this one for sure.
    PJ Tucker not opposed to being traded


    Sources say Tucker is prepared to play for Houston for the season even without his future tied down, but he is not opposed to a trade should one materialize. Itís understood that an extension offer is on the table at this point, but Tucker has not accepted it. Teams have already made a number of phone calls to Houston about potentially acquiring Tucker. Ė via Kelly Iko, Sam Amick, Kelly Iko and Sam Amick @ The Athletic
    Top Rumors, Trade, PJ Tucker, Houston Rockets

    This rumor is part of a storyline: 62 more rumors
    Sources also say the Rockets plan to be very aggressive with the sizable trade exception generated from the Harden trade and want to use it to get an additional quality player. Multiple teams have called about Tuckerís availability in wake of Hardenís departure. As far as an extension in Houston is concerned, sources say Tucker has tabled those discussions for now. Ė via Kelly Iko, Sam Amick, Kelly Iko and Sam Amick @ The Athletic
    Lebron is the one!

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Now I'm seeing a lot of Lakers-Bulls swap scenarios....

    Just my two cents. If the Lakers are shipping someone out alongside the obvious (Kuz) I think they trade Schroder before they do KCP. It's evident that LBJ wanted Schroder on this team but he definitely loves KCP (Klutch connection helps as well).

    Plus I think the Bulls ask for Kuz AND THT. Schro goes to a third team. Would you guys do it? I know I would and I'd never look back.

    -CHI gets a solid young core + DRose retire as a Bull
    -DET gets a legit starting PG, a decent young core and a backup C
    -LAL acquires that third star and a third shooter to play behind KCP/WES

    Bulls
    Carter Jr./Felicio
    Kuzma/Young
    Porter Jr./Williams
    THT/Hutchinson
    Rose/White

    Pistons
    Plumlee/Kornet
    Griffin/Markkenen
    Grant/Bey
    Ellington/Jackson
    Schroder/Hayes

    Lakers
    Gasol/Keef
    AD/Trez (Dudz)
    LBJ/McKinnie
    KCP/Matthews (SVI)
    LaVine/Caruso
    In a hart beat

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    In a hart beat
    Luv ya bro. Finally we agree on something

Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •