Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    the fact that lindblom can potentially come back in the playoffs is absolutely amazing (big IF still). Dude is a warrior. No clue about where Patrick is in his recovery but I wonder if he would get a similar contract with a similar AAV or maybe something slightly less? No real positive updates leaves it in the air which is so concerning/frustrating.
    Fletcher is apparently on board with oskar traveling to Toronto. Says they won't rule out him practicing or playing.

What a turn of events.

Think the gaurenteed contract extension came now because he actually has a legit shot to get back on the ice.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Fletcher is apparently on board with oskar traveling to Toronto. Says they won't rule out him practicing or playing.

What a turn of events.

Think the gaurenteed contract extension came now because he actually has a legit shot to get back on the ice.
    ya I think it basically is a given that he will play next season from game 1. They were confident handing out that contract, meaning they for sure had great talks with the medical staff. Great news. Basically got a top 6 winger via FA for a great deal. Always thought lindblom did things for our team that not many players can do. Guy is a swiss army knife. He is great on the board, down low, solid 2 way player, great IQ, and can play with anyone and anywhere in the lineup. Great versatile player you need come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    curious. What do you not see in rossi that you have him lower? Who do you have as the best d of the draft class? You have been pretty spot on the d prospects last few years I think
    Quinn drives play better than Rossi and Rossi's best position is at center. At 5'8 he's likely going to have to switch to wing and get stronger. He's still in my top 10, but not a worthy top 5 pick.

And Schneider is highest on my board which kind of speaks to how weak of a class it is on defense. He is pretty much what you see is what you get and not going to be anything more than a 4-5 shutdown defender in the NHL. He could probably play in the NHL right this moment though. Sanderson is next on my list, but he's kind of cut from the same cloth. Maybe a little more upside not not ready for the NHL. Drysdale is wayyyyyy down on my list bc he can't defend and his offensive skills are being highly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    that guy called chromiak is going to be a favorite for me.

neighbors looks like a strong round 2/3 target.

okay, foerster kind of reminds me of lupul. not in a great way.

i think i'm a fan of holloway. i think he's more like the kind of guy i'd rather target 2 or 3 years from now, rather than with a draft pick.

this one's gonna be a bit of a deep cut, but jarvis reminds me of lorenzo booker.

i really like holtz. the difference between him and foerster is like the difference between scott hartnell and chris vandevelde.
    No And no on Chromiak and Holloway. Holloway is fools gold. All the tools, but lacks any bit of hockey sense.

okay, so this is almost completely baseless and premature, so take it with a grain of salt, but the names that immediately jump out to me:

foerster -- F/W -- he has body mass and goal/point production. i tend to lean more towards risk aversion in the first round of the draft and targeting that combination of attributes tends to be an easy way to build out the middle 6 in your lineup

torgersson -- F/W -- same ^

holtz -- F/W -- same ^

lundell -- F/W -- same ^

jarvis -- C/F -- this guy's a bit smaller than the others, and while i don't typically love stacking a system with guys who are undersized, adding a sprinkling of them can provide a necessary spark. given the state of the flyers prospect pool, this is a guy i would rate more highly than usual.

i'll dig a bit deeper later on.
    Foerster is a favorite of mine. I'd for sure take him near the end of the 1st round. Literally the only knock on him is skating.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post

What a turn of events.

Yeah it's crazy. I don't think there is any way he steps on the ice for the postseason, but exciting nonetheless.

No And no on Chromiak and Holloway. Holloway is fools gold. All the tools, but lacks any bit of hockey sense.
    i like the way chromiak moves without the puck. he's the kind of guy who's killed the flyers for the last few decades. he drifts into open space and only needs the puck on his stick for a second before it's the back of the net.

holloway...he has great leverage. he's probably not someone i'd go out of my way for, but i'd be happy to get him if he starts dropping past the late teens.
    Last edited by steagles; 07-22-2020 at 07:40 PM.

i like the way chromiak moves without the puck. he's the kind of guy who's killed the flyers for the last few decades. he drifts into open space and only needs the puck on his stick for a second before it's the back of the net.

holloway...he has great leverage. he's probably not someone i'd go out of my way for, but i'd be happy to get him if he starts dropping past the late teens.
    I wouldn't take Holloway in the 1st Rd. And Chromiak gets carried by his linemates. I wouldn't draft him at all.

the NHL is now, officially, on a hot streak.

first there was gritty.
    then was that vegas pregame fight club thing.

and now, there's the kraken.

I wouldn't take Holloway in the 1st Rd. And Chromiak gets carried by his linemates. I wouldn't draft him at all.
    the worst case for holloway is that he turns into steve downie/scott laughton type. high-motor middle-6 forwards aren't sexy, but that's not a bad outcome for a 1st round pick, when NHL careers can last for a decade or more.

Oh there are definitely worse scenarios for him.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243