Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 587
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    For anyone who wants to hear from actual scientists and not media/twitter people...

    Joe rogan just had one of the leading experts in the field on his podcast. They cover the covid-19 virus in depth and a few other things. Solid listen, straight from an actual informed source.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,652
    Rudy gobert. (NBA player for the jazz who tested positive)

    Played in Boston against the Celtics on March 5th.

    The bruins played in the same building on March 6th against Tampa.

    The bruins just played at the Wells Fargo Center
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    There's not really a track record of similar coronaviruses fading due to temperature. (SARS/mers)

    Source: numerous leading experts in the field of infectious diseases.
    lol because you know I'm not right? I was honestly just trying to be positive while spreading a little hope because most of these...experts...in the media like to just spread panic.

    I'm just being confident in historical data. That said, the Spanish Flu was pretty bad-a...look that up and see what happened there. I believe the basics were that it was around for the winter of 1918 and then all but disappeared over the summer months then was a pretty bad killer in around October of 1918. My timeline might be off, but I think it was something like that. I agree though, there is no track record of any "similar coronaviruses" because there really aren't any "similar coronaviruses" in existence. I bet everyone in this chat has had a coronavirus at some point to be honest since there are a few strains of the common cold that are...coronaviruses. That said, it is simple biochemistry that proteins denature quicker on warm surfaces. Source: My degrees in cellular and molecular biology (chem minor), PhD buddies, and my doctor wife

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,974
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    We'll be back on in a month...historically, these things die down as the weather warms. The trend already started in China. There are multiple reasons for this. Two of them are that viruses last/'survive' longer when it's colder and people's immune systems are not as good during the cooler months due to getting a lack of sun/colder body temps/etc.
    the biggest factor is they locked everyone in their houses over there and it turned into a ghost town thus the spread of the disease stopped.... that will never happen here because people arent taking this seriously.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    lol because you know I'm not right? I was honestly just trying to be positive while spreading a little hope because most of these...experts...in the media like to just spread panic.

    I'm just being confident in historical data. That said, the Spanish Flu was pretty bad-a...look that up and see what happened there. I believe the basics were that it was around for the winter of 1918 and then all but disappeared over the summer months then was a pretty bad killer in around October of 1918. My timeline might be off, but I think it was something like that. I agree though, there is no track record of any "similar coronaviruses" because there really aren't any "similar coronaviruses" in existence. I bet everyone in this chat has had a coronavirus at some point to be honest since there are a few strains of the common cold that are...coronaviruses. That said, it is simple biochemistry that proteins denature quicker on warm surfaces. Source: My degrees in cellular and molecular biology (chem minor), PhD buddies, and my doctor wife
    *disclaimer: I'm not an expert. Or even pretending to be a medical expert. I am regurgitating information from a couple accredited scientists, in the field of infectious diseases, that I have heard talk on this subject.

    The Spanish flu (H1N1) isn't a coronavirus, as you mentioned here. It's genetic makeup is far different from what we're seeing right now with covid-19.

    There are 7 known coronaviruses that can infect humans to date. Only three of which, I believe are considered high risk?

    He points specifically to MERS, which is an issue throughout desert like conditions in the middle east and SARS as the 2 most genetically similar viruses.

    He believed the ability to recognize the Sars symptoms prior to it being contagious played a large part in the viruses ability to be cotrolled once it was understood.


    The point I'm making, is simply hoping the seasons changing will get rid of the virus is likely being a little too, for lack of a better term, lazy in prevention technique.


    I'm far from the side where this is the end of the world, but I do believe for sake of the high risk people around us we should all do what we can to mitigate our exposure to the virus.


    I came off far more arrogent than I wanted to in my initial post, and still so in my edited version. For that, I apologize.


    Could the seasonal change show the end of this coronavirus season? I hope so, but I'm not sure the two most similar viruses have pointed to that happening.

    Meanwhile, this isn't a corona forum. Rudy Gobert is an idiot.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,538
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    For anyone who wants to hear from actual scientists and not media/twitter people...

    Joe rogan just had one of the leading experts in the field on his podcast. They cover the covid-19 virus in depth and a few other things. Solid listen, straight from an actual informed source.
    that was the best info to get. EVERYONE WATCH THAT.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,538
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    eh, that might not be too bad for us if we get JVR, patrick and myers back if/when the season starts back up.
    ya but the momentum will be gone. That really helps teams going into the playoffs. Would be very interesting to see how teams play after 1-2 months off

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,968
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    join the coast guard.
    Hard pass

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    *disclaimer: I'm not an expert. Or even pretending to be a medical expert. I am regurgitating information from a couple accredited scientists, in the field of infectious diseases, that I have heard talk on this subject.

    The Spanish flu (H1N1) isn't a coronavirus, as you mentioned here. It's genetic makeup is far different from what we're seeing right now with covid-19.

    There are 7 known coronaviruses that can infect humans to date. Only three of which, I believe are considered high risk?

    He points specifically to MERS, which is an issue throughout desert like conditions in the middle east and SARS as the 2 most genetically similar viruses.

    He believed the ability to recognize the Sars symptoms prior to it being contagious played a large part in the viruses ability to be cotrolled once it was understood.


    The point I'm making, is simply hoping the seasons changing will get rid of the virus is likely being a little too, for lack of a better term, lazy in prevention technique.


    I'm far from the side where this is the end of the world, but I do believe for sake of the high risk people around us we should all do what we can to mitigate our exposure to the virus.


    I came off far more arrogent than I wanted to in my initial post, and still so in my edited version. For that, I apologize.


    Could the seasonal change show the end of this coronavirus season? I hope so, but I'm not sure the two most similar viruses have pointed to that happening.

    Meanwhile, this isn't a corona forum. Rudy Gobert is an idiot.
    Agreed, and I was just trying to bring some positivity. So sick of the negative right now....and lack of TP...I'm surprised lotions haven't been running off the shelves from dry hands from overwashing!

    I think our boys will be one of the teams that actually benefit from a little break here. Guys will get healthy (you know Couts, Laughton, and others love the time to heal). The only thing that sucks, is that the Penguins were playing bad hockey (pretty much) and the Flyers were playing the most inspired hockey we've seen in years. That said, they did stink for the most part against the Sabres and got lucky. Also were shut out by Rask (not the Bruins...just Rask). I like that they have to stew on that for a bit. Come back with FIRE!

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,538
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Agreed, and I was just trying to bring some positivity. So sick of the negative right now....and lack of TP...I'm surprised lotions haven't been running off the shelves from dry hands from overwashing!

    I think our boys will be one of the teams that actually benefit from a little break here. Guys will get healthy (you know Couts, Laughton, and others love the time to heal). The only thing that sucks, is that the Penguins were playing bad hockey (pretty much) and the Flyers were playing the most inspired hockey we've seen in years. That said, they did stink for the most part against the Sabres and got lucky. Also were shut out by Rask (not the Bruins...just Rask). I like that they have to stew on that for a bit. Come back with FIRE!
    ya it sucks that caps/pens get to reset here. Good for us to get myers, jvr, and thompson back. Bad for ghost who just gets a one game trial run. If for some miracle patrick can come back now if the plan is indeed to have playoffs in june/july....that would be crazy awesome

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,968
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Agreed, and I was just trying to bring some positivity. So sick of the negative right now....and lack of TP...I'm surprised lotions haven't been running off the shelves from dry hands from overwashing!

    I think our boys will be one of the teams that actually benefit from a little break here. Guys will get healthy (you know Couts, Laughton, and others love the time to heal). The only thing that sucks, is that the Penguins were playing bad hockey (pretty much) and the Flyers were playing the most inspired hockey we've seen in years. That said, they did stink for the most part against the Sabres and got lucky. Also were shut out by Rask (not the Bruins...just Rask). I like that they have to stew on that for a bit. Come back with FIRE!
    Glad I bought a huge pack of tp before everyone ran out and cleared the shelves. Interestingly enough there are still a ton of tissues on shelves. You'd think that would be next to go for people that really need to wipe their *** lol!

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ya it sucks that caps/pens get to reset here. Good for us to get myers, jvr, and thompson back. Bad for ghost who just gets a one game trial run. If for some miracle patrick can come back now if the plan is indeed to have playoffs in june/july....that would be crazy awesome
    The Patrick return to awesome form would be epic! lol think about it...now all the players are going to have to start over with their chemistry. It would be awesome if they did a mini 'preseason' where a couple teams play a quick 3 game set against each other to get into game shape lol

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Glad I bought a huge pack of tp before everyone ran out and cleared the shelves. Interestingly enough there are still a ton of tissues on shelves. You'd think that would be next to go for people that really need to wipe their *** lol!
    I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING! That and paper towels...I mean come on, we've all been there. On the throne and BAM! TP is out all around the house. Behold...a roll of paper towels sits at the kitchen table...Safety...

    I dont know if it's just where I live, but there is still plenty of TP here lol

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,968
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING! That and paper towels...I mean come on, we've all been there. On the throne and BAM! TP is out all around the house. Behold...a roll of paper towels sits at the kitchen table...Safety...

    I dont know if it's just where I live, but there is still plenty of TP here lol
    There is no tp anywhere round here. Plenty of tissues and paper towels though lol

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,974
    we gain the most of any team tbh.... we will likely get jvr etc back now

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •