Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Well, logically we knew the flyers wouldn't be able to dress the same lineup for the final 25 games, well most of us.

Myers left practice early today, and his status is up in the air for tomorrow. Once he left, the pairings looked like:

9-15
    6-8
    53-61

Quick thoughts

- if ghost gets the call, it could be really good thing. This a 26/27 year old who is only 2 seasons removed from finishing in the top 10 of the Norris voting.

- Hagg on the right seems weird. He already struggles with breakout passes on his strong side, can't imagine he'd be better on his weak side, but the skillset of his partner could help cover that, and AV deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point.

- 53-61 pairing looks like the perfect fit. Haven't dug into their numbers together, but stylistically at first glance it should work. Assuming ghost is back to form.

- not many teams have a 7th dman like ghost right now.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Well, logically we knew the flyers wouldn't be able to dress the same lineup for the final 25 games, well most of us.

Myers left practice early today, and his status is up in the air for tomorrow. Once he left, the pairings looked like:

9-15
    6-8
    53-61

Quick thoughts

- if ghost gets the call, it could be really good thing. This a 26/27 year old who is only 2 seasons removed from finishing in the top 10 of the Norris voting.

- Hagg on the right seems weird. He already struggles with breakout passes on his strong side, can't imagine he'd be better on his weak side, but the skillset of his partner could help cover that, and AV deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point.

- 53-61 pairing looks like the perfect fit. Haven't dug into their numbers together, but stylistically at first glance it should work. Assuming ghost is back to form.

- not many teams have a 7th dman like ghost right now.
    Myers is not who I'd want to sit to get Ghost in the lineup, but it is what it is if he can't go. I'm not too worried about Hagg's breakout passes, especially with sanheim. Given he struggled with them, it shouldn't be too much worse playing his off-wing. As long as his positioning is ok, it should be fine.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

I don't think Ghost will see a game unless someone gets injured or our playoff position is set. I like Ghost but I'm not sitting anyone with the way the team is playing right now. If someone has a couple of bad games in a row then maybe I'd sit them and let Ghost play.

Even when the Flyers aren't playing the refs screw them. 2-2 game in Buffalo and Skinner gets bumped to the net and makes marginal contact at best with Holtby and the Sabres game winning goal in regulation gets called off because of goalie interference with less than 3 minutes left...OT now...

If this goes to a shootout and the caps win it still helps the flyers technically because we can take the tie breaker with a win in regulation or OT...

Shootout....

Sabres win in a shootout at least...refs still gave the caps a point...lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Even when the Flyers aren't playing the refs screw them. 2-2 game in Buffalo and Skinner gets bumped to the net and makes marginal contact at best with Holtby and the Sabres game winning goal in regulation gets called off because of goalie interference with less than 3 minutes left...OT now...
    I watched this play about 30 times.

Part of the rule for goalie interference, is the player has to do everything in his power to avoid contact.

Regardless of whether he was pushed or not, he didn't make any attempt to avoid him.

This is a good no goal imo.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I don't think Ghost will see a game unless someone gets injured or our playoff position is set. I like Ghost but I'm not sitting anyone with the way the team is playing right now. If someone has a couple of bad games in a row then maybe I'd sit them and let Ghost play.
    hagg hasn't been that great in our winning streak. I would sit him

at least the caps didn't get a rw or row

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ...disagree here...Hagg has been borderline excellent in most of these games. I wouldn't touch a thing right now until we lose. Don't mess with a good thing. If we have a subpar effort vs the Bruins and find a way to win, maybe...but other than that, you stick with the lineup that has won 9 straight games.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I watched this play about 30 times.

Part of the rule for goalie interference, is the player has to do everything in his power to avoid contact.

Regardless of whether he was pushed or not, he didn't make any attempt to avoid him.

This is a good no goal imo.
    (NOTE 2) If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed to be contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

I feel like he was shoved in the direction of the goalie then locked up by the defender not allowing for further effort to avoid contact.

I don't agree at all. Hagg has been pretty good for us. Nothing flashy or spectacular, but solid and noticeable for the right reasons.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    ...disagree here...Hagg has been borderline excellent in most of these games. I wouldn't touch a thing right now until we lose. Don't mess with a good thing. If we have a subpar effort vs the Bruins and find a way to win, maybe...but other than that, you stick with the lineup that has won 9 straight games.
    thats a stretch. He was carried like crazy by the top line at times. I posted the numbers with and without the top line and it was horrendous. I doubt we see a huge drop off if a healthy ghost comes in for him. Hagg has been ok. He hasn't been excellent.

thats a stretch. He was carried like crazy by the top line at times. I posted the numbers with and without the top line and it was horrendous. I doubt we see a huge drop off if a healthy ghost comes in for him. Hagg has been ok. He hasn't been excellent.
    I mean everyone else more or less has the same kind of splits with and without Couturier. Just reinforces just how good Couturier is.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast