Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 559
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    i've gotta give the NHL credit for changing the rules to blow plays dead whenever someone gets hit in/around the head with a puck.

    i doubt anyone still remembers when ian laperriere blocked a shot with his face in the playoffs, and left a 2ft wide trail of blood behind him as he skated back to the bench with the play still going on. that kind of thing was absolutely ridiculous, and i'm happy to see the league get that play right.


    also, credit to kyle okposo on the play a few minutes ago. he immediately signaled to the bench to get someone out there to help braun, and even though it didn't turn out to be as bad as it could have been, it's refreshing to see that kind of concern and awareness from someone on the other team.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,886
    Yet again the announcers are praising how great thompson has been tonight

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,886
    team is hanging carter hart out

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,659
    Flyers are stinking it up tonight. We're lucky to be tied imo.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,082
    One thing that bugged me about this team earlier in the season is that the "best" players disappeared for long periods of time. On a night that had trap game written all over it when the boys had no energy, G and Voracek stepped up. And sometimes your goalie steals a game, this was one of those games. Love me some Hart. This team though, unf*&$ing real.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    braun has taken a beating over the last few games.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,886
    also hagg has been really underrated this season.

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,529
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i've gotta give the NHL credit for changing the rules to blow plays dead whenever someone gets hit in/around the head with a puck.

    i doubt anyone still remembers when ian laperriere blocked a shot with his face in the playoffs, and left a 2ft wide trail of blood behind him as he skated back to the bench with the play still going on. that kind of thing was absolutely ridiculous, and i'm happy to see the league get that play right.


    also, credit to kyle okposo on the play a few minutes ago. he immediately signaled to the bench to get someone out there to help braun, and even though it didn't turn out to be as bad as it could have been, it's refreshing to see that kind of concern and awareness from someone on the other team.
    jesus that was nuts. Are refs not allowed to call the play dead when a goalie loses a glove or blocker? WTF. Hart had to stop a shot too. EASILY could've broken his hand

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,529
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Yet again the announcers are praising how great thompson has been tonight
    he got dominated tonight on several plays.

    also hagg:
    CF% WITH the top line - 71.43
    CF% WITHOUT the top line - 25.00
    xGF% WITH the top line - 93.55
    xGF% WITHOUT the top line - 26.96

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,529
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    braun has taken a beating over the last few games.
    dude is indestructible lol

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    Resign Pitlick please. Dude never takes a night off
    if pitlick gets resigned, frost will start next year in the AHL.
    jesus that was nuts. Are refs not allowed to call the play dead when a goalie loses a glove or blocker? WTF. Hart had to stop a shot too. EASILY could've broken his hand
    they blow it dead when a goalie's helmet comes loose, but i don't think they do it for gloves or blockers.

    the idea sounds fine in theory, but you just know it would pop up in the 3OT of game 6 of some western conference finals when a goalie throws his glove off because his team is pinned in their own end and about to concede a goal.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    The Braun trade is average ... he isnít great; heís serviceable
    right, and how big an improvement is "average" compared to the reactions on the day we traded for him?
    The jury is out still on fletcher based on who he resigns this offseason.
    GM is a tough job, so the jury is always going to be out.

    think of this more like a 'peace of mind' issue. it's okay to back off the ledge for now.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Yet again the announcers are praising how great thompson has been tonight
    The same announcers that told us how well Amac played for 4 years told us how good Thompson played. Wow. Shocker, itís almost like they are very pro flyers and follow the team, or maybe one even played for the team.

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,886
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    The same announcers that told us how well Amac played for 4 years told us how good Thompson played. Wow. Shocker, itís almost like they are very pro flyers and follow the team, or maybe one even played for the team.
    or maybe watch everything he does on the ice and dont follow your silly flawed advance stats

    i mean if we used your advance metrics and trade logic we would probably be out of the playoffs right now while having less depth because we would have traded frost/farabee/prov/vor/patrick all while making ghost our top dman... we would have been eliminated from the playoffs 3 months ago while never having hayes/braun and hagg would be shipped out as well... man i wish everyone was as super smart as you but without all of the wrong.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,886
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    right, and how big an improvement is "average" compared to the reactions on the day we traded for him?

    GM is a tough job, so the jury is always going to be out.

    think of this more like a 'peace of mind' issue. it's okay to back off the ledge for now.
    shh this doesnt fit the narrative... we need a super high ppg player to hell with all of our depth and young players and because we dont have that we have no plan... per advance metric super smart but always wrong hilarious fans.

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •