Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    The whole thing wont make economic sense, and it cheapens the cup ... just move on at this point. There is just as much to plan and worry about in 2020/2021 and being ready for late September
    w/r/t the economics:
    -- players aren't paid a salary in the playoffs; they're paid in "shares". that means the NHL doesn't have anything close to the labor issues that MLB has.

-- because ~85% of the regular season was already played, if the NHL can make this playoff scheme work, they might actually come close to being made whole w/r/t next season's salary cap.

-- the time between food network shooting an episode of "chopped", and airing that episode is around 3 months. that kind of content will run out right around the time that NHL could get back to playing games.

-- given how starved people are for content right now, this is the NHL's best chance to regain some of the ground they've lost to the NFL and NBA throughout bettman's tenure. they have a lot to gain here.

w/r/t cheapening the cup:
    -- if the games are good, people won't care in the moment.

-- if these series aren't devastated by coronavirus infections (that's unlikely, imo), and if the games are good, i don't think see any reason to devalue these playoffs, relative to any other. noone cares that the flyers lost their two best defensemen in the 08 conference finals.

w/r/t next season:
    -- there is no guarantee that this is going to be better by then.

so the top 4 teams that get byes will play each other for a reseeding in the tournament. Going to be interesting. Hope the players are ready. Need to get that momentum back.

Voracek needs to stay in shape lol

I feel what ever sport can get a season back first might benefit the most from it. There is nothing going on right now, hockey has never really competed with baseball, football, or basketball for as far as the spot light. If they could get something figured out and start the playoffs before the other sports come back they might help the numbers going forward in the future and gain new fans as a lot of people that never watched or followed hockey might tune in just to be able to watch sports right now. Those people might stick with hockey then after watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I feel what ever sport can get a season back first might benefit the most from it. There is nothing going on right now, hockey has never really competed with baseball, football, or basketball for as far as the spot light. If they could get something figured out and start the playoffs before the other sports come back they might help the numbers going forward in the future and gain new fans as a lot of people that never watched or followed hockey might tune in just to be able to watch sports right now. Those people might stick with hockey then after watching it.
    the one thing that certainly helps is that people that tune into hockey for the first time will see playoff hockey. That should help people become interested more as well

With camps opening July 10th we should know who will be able to be in the lineup and who will likely be finished for the season. I'm predicting that we will be a full go and that Patrick and Lindblom are the only two possible no-gos for the start of the ending of the season. I think lines should look like this:

G - Couts - TK
    Joel - Hayes - Jake
    JVR - Laughton - Frost
    Pitlick - Raffl - Grant (Maybe swapping Raffl and Laughton)

If Patrick and Lindblom are somehow ready this lineup gets lethal with the first two lines staying the same and the 3rd & 4th lines upgrading big time....

JVR - NP - Oskar
    Pitlick - Laughton - Grant/Raffl

I think NP will be able to play and Oskar is going to be out personally so, for me, Frost would be in Oskar's place and we would still be sitting Raffl or Grant.

Defense should be solid...

Provy - Nisky
    Myers - Sanheim
    Braun - Ghost
    Hagg

Carter (never start Elliot again this season...)

so lindblom skating with the team voluntarily... such great news and awesome to see.

I think this for sure means he is playing next year which is so amazing.

g-couts-voracek
    Lindblom-hayes-tk
    jvr-frost-farabee
    raffl-laughton-nak

WHAT. A. LINEUP.....CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON. BEST LINEUP WE'VE HAD IN YEARS

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    so lindblom skating with the team voluntarily... such great news and awesome to see.

g-couts-voracek
    Lindblom-hayes-tk
    jvr-frost-farabee
    raffl-laughton-nak

I would love to see someone like Allison make the lineup next year. I'm starting to wonder if we don't package Voracek with someone young (maybe Ghost) and a pick to see if we can snag a young talented top tier forward. It would lower our cap and fill a major need in the youth movement. Love that 4th line. Also, I'm wondering if York or Zamula make the team next year. Our Defense is really interesting as well now...

Provy, Niskanen, Myers, Ghost (if not traded), Sanheim, Haag, Morin, Zamula, York, Hogberg, Friedman...There are 4 players that could be a top 3 defenseman in the NHL right now in that set (Provy, Nisky, Myers, and Sandman) and if Ghost got his act together, he would be in that group as well. York and Zamula have the potential to be there in the next 3-5 years also. Hogberg has an outside shot too, but will probably be a 4th/5th guy.

It would be nice to have solid draft this year and snag another strong forward prospect or use the picks like mentioned above for a solid top tier prospect somehow.

Looks like Vorobyev is headed to Russia.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Looks like Vorobyev is headed to Russia.
    honestly don't care. Let him go and make more money, its probably better for him. Was never going to be a part of our 4th line ever.

Kalynuk going to test FA and forego his Sr. year ... I really liked him and thought hed be a great bottom pairing guy, had him penciled in

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Kalynuk going to test FA and forego his Sr. year ... I really liked him and thought hed be a great bottom pairing guy, had him penciled in
    That would add to the intrigue of the next couple seasons. We have so many options it's ridiculous. A great problem to have. We also have a coach that knows what he is doing for the first time since Lavy it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post

g-couts-voracek
    Lindblom-hayes-tk
    jvr-frost-farabee
    raffl-laughton-nak

Doubt it even if there is a next season, but it certainly bodes well for the prospects of him resuming his NHL career again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Doubt it even if there is a next season, but it certainly bodes well for the prospects of him resuming his NHL career again at some point.
    i see him returning. The season won't start until nov or later (if it even will). I see him playing sooner than patrick. Im almost giving up on patrick ever being a 2c until we get some kind of update on him. We havent had anything on that guy.

i see him returning. The season won't start until nov or later (if it even will). I see him playing sooner than patrick. Im almost giving up on patrick ever being a 2c until we get some kind of update on him. We havent had anything on that guy.
    the fact that patrick's issues did not appear to be caused by a direct precipitating event (a hit/collision) was a big red flag from the start.

and even when (if...) he feels well enough to play again, there's no guarantee that these issues won't recur.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738