Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IGT: March "Playoffs or Bust"

3 points behind the Caps for the division lead. Hopefully they didn't peak to early and save this game play for the playoffs. They can finish anywhere from the division winner, to missing the playoffs.

Coots may or may not play due to an illness. Warm-ups dictate if he plays or not. If not Farabee is in.

Flyers are 1-10 in harts last 11 road starts coming into today.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Coots may or may not play due to an illness. Warm-ups dictate if he plays or not. If not Farabee is in.

Flyers are 1-10 in harts last 11 road starts coming into today.
    Yep just mentioned the same thing in the other thread. Gtd with the flu.

Let me just say this, which I know we all agree with ... ***** the Rags

couts out in warmups!

Wew at calling Voracek the Flyers most important player lol!

NAK is the man

Yeah remember when you guys didn't want NAK in the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Yeah remember when you guys didn't want NAK in the lineup?
    Him playing way better than expected, better than he played in the AHL and his opportunities in the NHL to this point, has been a delight.

Raf with the shorty
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Him playing way better than expected, better than he played in the AHL and his opportunities in the NHL to this point, has been a delight.
    He'a a role player. And this isn't really an excuse, but I think it becomes human nature to stagnate when you don't get an opportunity that he earned probably 2 years ago. He's pretty much everything you want in a modern NHL bottom 6 player. It's also a credit to him that he's really taken this opportunity in his limited minutes and been extremely effective in all phases and been hard to play against.

it's almost enough to make you question what exactly is going on in adirondack...

on the one hand, it's nice that when players get called up, they don't seem out of place all. that makes me think they're well-prepared and well-drilled, and that reflects well on the coordination between the AHL and NHL coaching staffs, as well as their competence. it's not just NAK; friedman didn't look out of place; vorobyev, bunnaman, twarynski, lyon also seemed benignly non-obstructive.

on the other hand, players don't seem to perform well, or get better, while they're in the AHL. that indicates weakness in skill development and tactical decisionmaking. the latter isn't overly important, but the former is somewhat concerning.

on january 11, the flyers were 23-16-6, on pace for 95 points.

since then, the flyers have gone 14-4-1 (15-4-1, if they can hold onto this 4-0 lead), and are on pace to finish the season with 105 points.

i really am not that impressed with thompson. He has been out of position a few times at EV strength and on the pk. Get farabee in

Pitlick has been my favorite Chuck signing ... terrific 4th line player and great checker.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast