Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    fun fact:

We don't need anymore defensemen....we need some scoring help.
    The only one left on the board that I hope we don't take is Newhook. Very boom or bust imo
    Caufield please....
    100%. Don't **** this up.
    I'm totally fine with Caufiled. We need a goal scorer. I don't care which one. I just care that they score.
    So f'n done with Fletcher already. get rid of this clown.
    Wow. York?
    "room for improvement: defending"
    Cam York? Over Caulfield and Krebs....D!*KHEAD
    York? Why?
    I'm just so....like....what the ****, man. What the ****..?
    Drafting York is supposed to ease the anger fans will have when Fletcher deals Ghost tonight.
    I mean, York isn't the worst possible pick.
    great. i like york but caufield was there. i hate fletcher
    Yeah, so much for drafting BPA
    this does remind me of the sanheim pick though and look how that turned out
    I don't remember the best goal scorer in the entire draft when Sanheim was up, though.
    Can't find a mock draft that had York this high? Highest I found him was 15th....but Caulfield and Krebs were Top 12 in every mock draft.
    #FireFletcher
    would llove to hear what casper has to say on the pick
    Everyone chill out. Obviously Krebs would have been my 1st choice, but getting Cam York? Yeah by far the 2nd best defender in this draft. There isnt much difference between him and the guy that got taken 3rd overall in Byram. FWIW, Krebs was #5 overall on my personal board, York was #8. Easily take either over Newhook and Caufield. This is the 1st really good thing Fletcher has done in the past week. Recouped the 2nd and got a replacement for Ghost.
    Fletcher is the guy that takes one bite of a chicken wing and slurps off all of the sauce, then throws it away.
    The Flyers just drafted a top 10 talent. I'm not worried. You guys will come around on York. They passed on a top 5 talent in Krebs imo though.
    What a safe and boring pick with who was available. All defense unless itís Makar is a boring pick and we will see in 3 or 4 years if it was a good one
    fletcher hasn't traded any of "hextall's guys" (yet). they're all still here. if you think they aren't good enough, after 5 ****ing ****ing years of hextall ****ing building whatever the **** this is that he built, then you should be even happier to see him gone than i am.
    (i wonder who posted that last one....)
    I dont dislike cam york the player.

I dislike taking him over multiple forwards who I believe have higher ceilings.

Admittedly im not an expert. I hope in three years, cam york leads to steagles quoting me being upset that they didnt take caufeild, Krebs, boldy or newhook.
    didn't have to wait as long as you expected, did ya?
    Last edited by steagles; 07-16-2020 at 02:51 AM.

as i have said before, message boards like this are a ****ing treasure trove.

I think we would all be highly upset right now if Boldy was the pick. What an awful year that kid had. York, Krebs, and Caufield all made solid progression this year. Caufield obviously being the sexy name right now on prospect lists, but I maintain Fletcher made the right pick. Especially by getting Brink in the 2nd round who arguably could have been the pick when they were up in the 1st round.

Couts is a Selke finalist again. I think he should win it this time....

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Couts is a Selke finalist again. I think he should win it this time....
    he better. Had the best season of those 3 centers. Should've won last year if it wasn't for kopitar scoring so much

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    he better. Had the best season of those 3 centers. Should've won last year if it wasn't for kopitar scoring so much
    I mean it's really between him and ROR IMO because Bergeron has the missed games and the less impressive stat lines. I don't really feel like it's that close between them this year, but feel like I may be having some bias there....lol

how are you guys ranking prospects this draft from 3-8?

i have not even considered beginning to approach that yet. i'll take a look in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    1. Lafreniere
    2. Stutzle
    3. Perfetti
    4. Askarov
    5. Byfield
    6. Raymond

There's a drop off after that.

7. Quinn
    8. Schneider
    9. Rossi
    10. Greig
    11. Jarvis
    12. Sanderson
    13. Perreault

With the caveat my list is far from consensus, but that's my list.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    1. Lafreniere
    2. Stutzle
    3. Perfetti
    4. Askarov
    5. Byfield
    6. Raymond

There's a drop off after that.

7. Quinn
    8. Schneider
    9. Rossi
    10. Greig
    11. Jarvis
    12. Sanderson
    13. Perreault

With the caveat my list is far from consensus, but that's my list.
    curious. What do you not see in rossi that you have him lower? Who do you have as the best d of the draft class? You have been pretty spot on the d prospects last few years I think

okay, so this is almost completely baseless and premature, so take it with a grain of salt, but the names that immediately jump out to me:

foerster -- F/W -- he has body mass and goal/point production. i tend to lean more towards risk aversion in the first round of the draft and targeting that combination of attributes tends to be an easy way to build out the middle 6 in your lineup

torgersson -- F/W -- same ^

holtz -- F/W -- same ^

lundell -- F/W -- same ^

jarvis -- C/F -- this guy's a bit smaller than the others, and while i don't typically love stacking a system with guys who are undersized, adding a sprinkling of them can provide a necessary spark. given the state of the flyers prospect pool, this is a guy i would rate more highly than usual.

i'll dig a bit deeper later on.

that guy called chromiak is going to be a favorite for me.

neighbors looks like a strong round 2/3 target.

okay, foerster kind of reminds me of lupul. not in a great way.

i think i'm a fan of holloway. i think he's more like the kind of guy i'd rather target 2 or 3 years from now, rather than with a draft pick.

this one's gonna be a bit of a deep cut, but jarvis reminds me of lorenzo booker.

i really like holtz. the difference between him and foerster is like the difference between scott hartnell and chris vandevelde.

Oskar just signed a 3 year extension. Think this points to him being ready for the early part of next season. Not sure I like the 3 million AAV, but I'm pumped to see him not only be healthy but get back on the ice. It's like adding a top 6 forward in UFA.

Steagles, I believe we've discussed possible extentions on oskar here before, seems like a good time to treasure hunt quotes and see who was guessing what.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Oskar just signed a 3 year extension. Think this points to him being ready for the early part of next season. Not sure I like the 3 million AAV, but I'm pumped to see him not only be healthy but get back on the ice. It's like adding a top 6 forward in UFA.

Steagles, I believe we've discussed possible extentions on oskar here before, seems like a good time to treasure hunt quotes and see who was guessing what.
    I think those quotes will be skewed. Depending on when they were made because he was doing so well in the beginning of the year.

the fact that lindblom can potentially come back in the playoffs is absolutely amazing (big IF still). Dude is a warrior. No clue about where Patrick is in his recovery but I wonder if he would get a similar contract with a similar AAV or maybe something slightly less? No real positive updates leaves it in the air which is so concerning/frustrating.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast