Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I agree with keeping Pitlick around, and he will be cheaper than Laughton ... Id rather keep Pitlick/Grant than Laughton/Pitlick ... Grant is better on the PK and faster than Laughton, we can use Laughtons cap hit for better resources

... I also dont think Frost is here full time next season ... wed have to move JVR first

Also, I think Cates has sleeper potential to be a 3rd line wing ... we also have Brink and Allison ... all goal scoring potential

These are all good problems, but I would bundle up a lot of this depth and trade for a bonafide scorer like a Laine ... that is also an option if we want to move Patrick
    yikes i think casper might be right that you really don't like Laughton haha. Grant's biggest downside is how slow he is. He is our slowest bottom 6 forward with jvr (one of them wins it). I would definitely choose Laughton over grant. I do like cates, brink, and Allison. Was actually really surprised we signed Allison. I thought he would walk away and sign with another team. Glad we got him.

If we can go into next season like this I will be happy:

g-couts-voracek
    farabee-hayes-tk
    jvr-patrick-frost
    pitlick-laughton-nak
    raffl

if we sign grant, the 4th line would be with laughton in frost's spot:
    pitlick-grant-nak
    raffl

I want frost to be here. It will all depend on patrick. If he can't go, then we will resign grant, play laughts on the wing, and frost as the 3c. I also want frost on the wing so he can be more free.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Im just happy these conversations are now about players like Pitlick, Grant, laughton, Raffl and promising looking kids.

The last few years these bottom 6 conversations were about Filpulla, lehtera, Weise, vandevelde, bellemare, weal, akeson etc.
    yes. finally. I cannot believe it has taken almost 5+ years to get a decent bottom 6. That is pretty crazy. We were lacking there for so long. I cringe at all of those names.

With the forward discussion...its a good problem we are having. However, we still need to replace braun..

some options

-resign braun 1 year (hopefully they don't do 2 or more)
    -just go with freidman
    -bring back gudas?
    -tvr
    -trade

what will hagg's next contract look like?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    With the forward discussion...its a good problem we are having. However, we still need to replace braun..

some options

-resign braun 1 year (hopefully they don't do 2 or more)
    -just go with freidman
    -bring back gudas?
    -tvr
    -trade

what will hagg's next contract look like?
    Id go TVR or Friedman ... Id also bring back Gudas but not at more than 2m/year

Ghost. The answer to replacing Braun is ghost.

9-15
    6-5
    8-53

You can sign a 7th dman to compete with Friedman for a roster spot.

As far as forwards go, I think I can be talked into a biggish move this off-season. Its unlikely you'll find a deal that makes parting with farabee/frost/brink acceptable, but the rest can be used in a package for another top 6 forward imo.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

we might have an out for a bad contract as well tbh... cap is going to go to hell with how much money is being lost right now... id expect some type of thing the nba did a few years back with their cba where a team can absorb a contract and get it off their cap. Basketball and hockey will need to do something because the lost of revenue in the billions will screw the cap putting most teams if not all teams over the cap.

Ghost. The answer to replacing Braun is ghost.

9-15
    6-5
    8-53

You can sign a 7th dman to compete with Friedman for a roster spot.

As far as forwards go, I think I can be talked into a biggish move this off-season. Its unlikely you'll find a deal that makes parting with farabee/frost/brink acceptable, but the rest can be used in a package for another top 6 forward imo.
    id like to have hagg as the 7th which is why i talked about it. Ghost was already there. Would much rather have freidman than hagg in the lineup as well

Id go TVR or Friedman ... Id also bring back Gudas but not at more than 2m/year
    ya i wouldn't mind gudas coming back but then again I think freidman can do what he does for cheap.

Agree with TX and MTM both. Ghost is the answer unless we decide to move him for forward/prospect assets. I've read a couple places there will be compliance buyouts in the NHL but can't remember where. Who would we be using that buyout on? Jake? That would be weird since he finally started to play some inspired hockey. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Agree with TX and MTM both. Ghost is the answer unless we decide to move him for forward/prospect assets. I've read a couple places there will be compliance buyouts in the NHL but can't remember where. Who would we be using that buyout on? Jake? That would be weird since he finally started to play some inspired hockey. lol
    id use it on jvr or jake. Jake at least has some value for a few more years. JVR is replaceable in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    id use it on jvr or jake. Jake at least has some value for a few more years. JVR is replaceable in my opinion
    I would use it on Hayes, assuming we can defer it a season like they did with the last one

Keep Hayes until the end of the 2023 season and get out of the last 4 years of that contract.

I would use it on Hayes, assuming we can defer it a season like they did with the last one

Keep Hayes until the end of the 2023 season and get out of the last 4 years of that contract.
    How long was that NMC 3 or 4 years? If it's 4, we might be stuck.

JVR doesn't have much term left, so I think the Jake contract would be the prude one to clear, if any

JVR doesn't have much term left, so I think the Jake contract would be the prude one to clear, if any
    i don't see the flyers clearing jake's contract if it ever even came to that. He provides more than jvr and if they feel like they can win now, then jake is their guy.

Not sure of the rules yet, but you might be able to use a buyout on someone with an NMC ... but yah, if you cant ... Voraceks deal lasts 1 year more than JVRs so probably use it there but either would be fine.

G only has 2 years left here, assuming this season is over ... Couturier also has only here 2 more years too before he is a UFA and will need a substantial raise.

Couts is likely to be the highest paid flyer. Think like 7 years 60 million.

G hopefully would take a slight decrease on his extention. Hopefully 3 years 18 million to help offset the couturier price.

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast