Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    My take:

grant won't sign a one year deal. At his age and him having his best season numbers wise, he will try to get as much money + term possible. No way he does 1 mill.

Patrick will never command 4-5..We have tk at 5.5 and that was him healthy and having two solid seasons prior. Patrick hasn't had any of that yet and he just came off never playing a game in a season. He will most definitely do a bridge deal.

Myers might go that route or he will do a longer 4-5 year couts deal or sanheim bridge deal with less money.

backup goalie: anyone of khudobin, dell, halak, brossoit, domingue and lyon as the 3rd. iF hart goes down it would suck to have lyon as the guy. We would be in a better position with him as the 3rd. Halak will be the most expensive. Khudobin i think we can get for elliot money or near that. Brossoit, dell, or domingue would be cheaper than anton/halak. Would not mind any of them for a cheap deal. Dell is the best of those crappy 3.

I would go khudobin, dell/elliot/howard, domingue, then Brossoit. Another guy that could be a decent add and can come cheap is jimmy howard. Playing for an awful team so I wouldn't look at those numbers. Could be a decent backup and provide more starts than domingue/brossoit. I would put him in the elliot, dell backup category.

I would only sign any goalie to a 1 year deal unless its khudobin/halak (which might be too expensive). Bunch of better backups in 2021. Wouldn't mind elliot but im honestly just over him and want a change.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 03-26-2020 at 07:51 AM.

also, who would you take in a 2003 redraft:

bergeron, eric staal, or getzlaf

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post

Probably Eric Staal.

All three guys have had great careers, and been great two way guys. Eric's been the healthiest.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Bergeron all day, 2x on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Bergeron all day, 2x on Sunday
    Yeah...I agree. I don't even think it's close here. I hate the Bs got him...lol

Also, not that it wasn't expected, but there's this...

https://www.inquirer.com/flyers/flye...-20200325.html

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    So many issues with this. I'll start with the obvious ones.

1. Paying 4 million a year for a 30 pt player who hasn't played in, checks calendar, 12-16 months, who has chronic health issues, is possible cap suicide.

2. 5 year contracts to a player currently fighting cancer is insane. How bout we do something smart? Like 3 million dollar salary in a front office advisory role with full medical benefits. We help the kid when he needs it. If he beats it and gets back to hockey shape, we can figure that out then. Hope the kid pays the organization back for being there in his time of need (as they should be)

3. Contenders don't go into seasons with inexperienced backup goalie who struggle in their limited NHL time. Get a solid backup. If it's Moose it's moose. If it's not, it not. By Lyons is not the right answer.

4. Goodluck getting Myers to sign a 6 year deal with that AAV.

5. Keep ghost. Let him build his value. Move on during the season. Maximizing potential returns, unless of course theres fair value available the off-season (unlikely)

6. Laughton >Grant just a general statement.
    Pretty much nailed my sentiments

Allison signs ...

The phantoms are going to be good. We have to make a trade at some point or good players won’t be in the NHL

Allison signs ...

The phantoms are going to be good. We have to make a trade at some point or good players won’t be in the NHL
    At some point. Yes. It's why the liklihood of resigning the expiring Ufas is so little to me

Allison signs ...

i'll believe it when i see it. there are going to be a ton of prospects there, but to this point, few of the prospects we've sent to the AHL have been able to thrive there.
    At some point. Yes. It's why the liklihood of resigning the expiring Ufas is so little to me
    personally, i saw enough from grant that i'd be willing to extend him for 2-3 years. the cap hit should be reasonable, and it would be a really good fit in terms of stability. he can put some roots down after spending a half-decade bouncing around the NHL's nether regions, and we can put 3C/4C on lock down with him, laughton and patrick (plus vorobyev, i guess).

3. Contenders don't go into seasons with inexperienced backup goalie who struggle in their limited NHL time. Get a solid backup. If it's Moose it's moose. If it's not, it not. By Lyons is not the right answer.
    1000%.

i think it's fine to cut some corners on a backup G, but lyon is not the guy you choose for that purpose.
    6. Laughton >Grant just a general statement.
    fine; but it's not an either/or decision.

between cap constraints and limited roster space, i understand that something has to give, but given the underwhelming production from frost and farabee this year, plus the questionable health of patrick and lindblom (not to mention the whole ****ing world devolving into a walking dead prequel), i would put a premium on the versatility and stability that grant can give this team going forward.

anyway, i think i'm going to write up a thing, at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i would put a premium on the versatility and stability that grant can give this team going forward.
    do we even have room for grant in the lineup IF patrick is healthy next year?

g-c-v
    farabee-hayes-tk
    jvr-frost-patrick
    raffl-laughton-nak

the guy has to be back when next season starts. its going to be delayed and he has all the time in the world to just recover now. Even if he can't go, i would rather just go with pitlick on the wing. I want that 4th line. I wouldn't mind having grant as the 4c if we can go with this bottom 6:

jvr-frost-laughton
    pitlick-grant-nak

this is without patrick and raffl (who you can just substitute with pitlick). I might be in the few, but I really want pitlick back. Those types of players can do well in a 7 game series. I really like grant but it would all have to be based on patrick not coming back before the season.

do we even have room for grant in the lineup IF patrick is healthy next year?

g-c-v
    farabee-hayes-tk
    jvr-frost-patrick
    raffl-laughton-nak

the guy has to be back when next season starts. its going to be delayed and he has all the time in the world to just recover now. Even if he can't go, i would rather just go with pitlick on the wing. I want that 4th line. I wouldn't mind having grant as the 4c if we can go with this bottom 6:

jvr-frost-laughton
    pitlick-grant-nak

this is without patrick and raffl (who you can just substitute with pitlick). I might be in the few, but I really want pitlick back. Those types of players can do well in a 7 game series. I really like grant but it would all have to be based on patrick not coming back before the season.
    I think Frost is 100% a wing and in a top 9 role when he comes ... our center for the next 3 years are Couturier, Hayes, Patty

I think Frost is 100% a wing and in a top 9 role when he comes ... our center for the next 3 years are Couturier, Hayes, Patty
    either him or forst. Either way, we might not have enough room for one of grant or pitlick. Might not even have room for them both. I want laughton as our 4th line center. He is better on the wing in the top 9 so whenever he goes there he can play wing. On the 4th line, he is more than capable of being center. If we are going to have couts-hayes-patrick/frost-laughton as our 4 centers, then i would rather us resign pitlick as he would be cheaper than grant and better (in my opinion) for us. I loved grant with the ducks but i would not want him more than 2 years and nothing more htna 2 million.

either him or forst. Either way, we might not have enough room for one of grant or pitlick. Might not even have room for them both. I want laughton as our 4th line center. He is better on the wing in the top 9 so whenever he goes there he can play wing. On the 4th line, he is more than capable of being center. If we are going to have couts-hayes-patrick/frost-laughton as our 4 centers, then i would rather us resign pitlick as he would be cheaper than grant and better (in my opinion) for us. I loved grant with the ducks but i would not want him more than 2 years and nothing more htna 2 million.
    I agree with keeping Pitlick around, and he will be cheaper than Laughton ... I’d rather keep Pitlick/Grant than Laughton/Pitlick ... Grant is better on the PK and faster than Laughton, we can use Laughton’s cap hit for better resources

... I also don’t think Frost is here full time next season ... we’d have to move JVR first

Also, I think Cates has sleeper potential to be a 3rd line wing ... we also have Brink and Allison ... all goal scoring potential

These are all good problems, but I would bundle up a lot of this depth and trade for a bonafide scorer like a Laine ... that is also an option if we want to move Patrick
    Last edited by castan_b; Today at 07:23 AM.

Im just happy these conversations are now about players like Pitlick, Grant, laughton, Raffl and promising looking kids.

The last few years these bottom 6 conversations were about Filpulla, lehtera, Weise, vandevelde, bellemare, weal, akeson etc.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930