Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,683
    I believe the shot Dr is no long with the Knicks lol......

    Future with Mitch, RJ and Knox with a good draft and FA could set us up nicely.

    Carter was picked ahead of Knox, and Mitch in the 2nd round and Mitch destroyed him.

    I think fans need to let up on the Trier, Frank stuff, why would playing Trier even matter, how or why would this kid sign here as a FA next year? Unless our game plan is to keep his value down lol...
    Frank I keep saying he don't play like a 8.5m player so will the Knicks really pick up his QO or look for someone else? Frank's worse enemy and his best friend has been his contract........not sure I have to explain that comment>

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,981

    Knicks vs Bulls (anyone watching?)

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I believe the shot Dr is no long with the Knicks lol......

    Future with Mitch, RJ and Knox with a good draft and FA could set us up nicely.

    Carter was picked ahead of Knox, and Mitch in the 2nd round and Mitch destroyed him.

    I think fans need to let up on the Trier, Frank stuff, why would playing Trier even matter, how or why would this kid sign here as a FA next year? Unless our game plan is to keep his value down lol...
    Frank I keep saying he don't play like a 8.5m player so will the Knicks really pick up his QO or look for someone else? Frank's worse enemy and his best friend has been his contract........not sure I have to explain that comment>
    Why would they play Trier? He might be the best shooter on the team. Our shooting is terrible. He is the best scorer on the team. Are you suggesting we only play guys that are under contract next year? Sorry doesnít make sense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-01-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why would they play Trier? He might be the best shooter on the team. Our shooting is terrible. He is the best scorer on the team. Are you suggesting we only play guys that are under contract next year? Sorry doesnít make sense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what I'm saying is you can play Trier now for the balance of 20 games but he's not here next year, so all the fans thinking he is should put themselves in his shoes and it's very unlikely a player who gets no minutes, or doesn't dress will say ok i'll sign here?

    My point you can play him but if you think he's the future? Good luck. That ship sailed.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why would they play Trier? He might be the best shooter on the team. Our shooting is terrible. He is the best scorer on the team. Are you suggesting we only play guys that are under contract next year? Sorry doesnít make sense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And I didn't say why should they play Trier go read it again, I said why would Playing Trier make any difference in reference to our future? I mean sometimes a little logic has to take over.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,981

    Knicks vs Bulls (anyone watching?)

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    And I didn't say why should they play Trier go read it again, I said why would Playing Trier make any difference in reference to our future? I mean sometimes a little logic has to take over.
    Trier is the best shooter on a team that canít shoot straight. He should play. Thatís logic. Iím know you are capable of coming up with a convoluted explanation for any and everything but I donít see that as logic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-01-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    24,016
    We are completely retooling the FO. Coach and all. If the next coach tells Trier he likes what he sees he might stay.

    Not going to get into Frank with you. You have made up your mind that he will not be here for over a year. I am not saying you trashed him. I see that you have started learning away from the he is trash side of the argument so I am not going into it. Just saying this as a generality. With a high pick and a new coach coming it makes all the sense in the world to see how the younger players play, and play together. We know how Julius, Payton, Elliongton Bullock and em play, and we have seen this season they can't win together. I would rather get 1000 more reps for the young guys to evaluate them then MAYBE 2 more wins.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,683
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    We are completely retooling the FO. Coach and all. If the next coach tells Trier he likes what he sees he might stay.

    Not going to get into Frank with you. You have made up your mind that he will not be here for over a year. I am not saying you trashed him. I see that you have started learning away from the he is trash side of the argument so I am not going into it. Just saying this as a generality. With a high pick and a new coach coming it makes all the sense in the world to see how the younger players play, and play together. We know how Julius, Payton, Elliongton Bullock and em play, and we have seen this season they can't win together. I would rather get 1000 more reps for the young guys to evaluate them then MAYBE 2 more wins.
    that's fantastic, but history points in a different direction. With Frank he's a Knick unless traded before the season, as I posted in the other thread, the likely hood of Frank remaining a Knicks is slim to none based on history, right now he'd be the first in modern day BB to not get the QO and stick with that same team.

    As far as Trier, all things being equal I'm sorry this is a cocky kid and he will be a UFA, I'm not saying or talking for him I'm putting myself in his shoes..........seeya.......if I have a chance to play somewhere I actually can contribute and step right in like a GS, and contend for a title why am I sticking around a rebuild? Because the new coach says hey I like your game? Couldn't that apply to 29 other coach's around the NBA?

    My personal opinion is it's a safer bet a guy like Payton stays here than the Franks and Triers.

    Funny now Trier is our best shooter but this poor kid it wasn't long ago in posts he was getting trashed around here.

    And I don't ever recall calling Frank trash? I also stand by that if we would have gotten a late first or very early 2nd we wouldn't even be discussing Frank.........

    The problem I have with fans of Frank and giving him 8.5m to just see if he could be a rotation player, is I went and looked at much lower salary guys who most of would love to have here, and those guys appear each and every year........Honestly go to the NBA salaries look at all the players that signed for less than 3m and tell me there aren't many guys on that least we'd take on our roster?

    I said this and stick to it, love to have Frank for Mitch type money, I would even pay a bit more, but Frank like all the 12 guys I posted in 4 consecutive drafts is a victim of where he was drafted and what his QO is.

    So if Frank is the first player to not get his QO and sign with us for vet min or a bit more, hey I'm in........but I'm not delusional on that happening either.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Trier is the best shooter on the team that canít shoot straight. He should play. Thatís logic. Iím know you are capable of coming up with a convoluted explanation for any and everything but I donít see that as logic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same thing with my kids 5th grade travel team and his coach is clueless how to use his best shooter.

    Haven't seen one baseline screen for him or a pick n pop all year.

    Coaches fall in love wit certain ideas they have and results are not important to them -- just trying to prove out their theories.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,981
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    that's fantastic, but history points in a different direction. With Frank he's a Knick unless traded before the season, as I posted in the other thread, the likely hood of Frank remaining a Knicks is slim to none based on history, right now he'd be the first in modern day BB to not get the QO and stick with that same team.

    As far as Trier, all things being equal I'm sorry this is a cocky kid and he will be a UFA, I'm not saying or talking for him I'm putting myself in his shoes..........seeya.......if I have a chance to play somewhere I actually can contribute and step right in like a GS, and contend for a title why am I sticking around a rebuild? Because the new coach says hey I like your game? Couldn't that apply to 29 other coach's around the NBA?

    My personal opinion is it's a safer bet a guy like Payton stays here than the Franks and Triers.

    Funny now Trier is our best shooter but this poor kid it wasn't long ago in posts he was getting trashed around here.

    And I don't ever recall calling Frank trash? I also stand by that if we would have gotten a late first or very early 2nd we wouldn't even be discussing Frank.........

    The problem I have with fans of Frank and giving him 8.5m to just see if he could be a rotation player, is I went and looked at much lower salary guys who most of would love to have here, and those guys appear each and every year........Honestly go to the NBA salaries look at all the players that signed for less than 3m and tell me there aren't many guys on that least we'd take on our roster?

    I said this and stick to it, love to have Frank for Mitch type money, I would even pay a bit more, but Frank like all the 12 guys I posted in 4 consecutive drafts is a victim of where he was drafted and what his QO is.

    So if Frank is the first player to not get his QO and sign with us for vet min or a bit more, hey I'm in........but I'm not delusional on that happening either.
    I stand by my post


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,034
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I believe the shot Dr is no long with the Knicks lol......

    Future with Mitch, RJ and Knox with a good draft and FA could set us up nicely.

    Carter was picked ahead of Knox, and Mitch in the 2nd round and Mitch destroyed him.

    I think fans need to let up on the Trier, Frank stuff, why would playing Trier even matter, how or why would this kid sign here as a FA next year? Unless our game plan is to keep his value down lol...
    Frank I keep saying he don't play like a 8.5m player so will the Knicks really pick up his QO or look for someone else? Frank's worse enemy and his best friend has been his contract........not sure I have to explain that comment>
    C'mon, the only shot doctor DSjr has been seeing is one that deals with hard liquor.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,528
    Good game. Messin up the tank though.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,377
    RJ definitely has been studying Harden.

    But my goodness is Zach Lavine a horrid defender.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,683
    Well we do have something to look forward to for the rest of the season, Mitch can pass Wilt for the all time percentage in shooting record.
    Mitch is presently at 73.2% and Wilt was at 72.7%

    Mitch needs 73 more shot attempts to qualify at a rate roughly of 3.3 per game, Knicks need to make good lobs for the kid lol........

    go Mitch!

    FYI only one other player had over 70% and that was D. Jordan who did it 3x.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •