Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Have we undervalued Middleton/Bucks cast?

I'm still seeing people argue that Giannis doesn't have a true second banana to run with but Middleton is on pace to join some of the best shooters of all time (Curry, KD, Dirk and Bird) in averaging 20+ with 50/40/90 splits. The reason Giannis can play like 29 minutes and play with full force is because he has a cast that can not only keep their head above water but actually improve upon the lead without him. A large part of that is due to Middleton going from hyper efficient off the ball threat to a higher usage/lower efficiency as a primary guy when Giannis sits. I doubt its a fluke cuz hes always been capable of carrying a greater load, he just took a step back to allow the Freak to develop.

Middletons Per36 Stats with/without Giannis over the years:

2020:
    With: 22-7-4
    W/Out: 31-8-6

2019:
    With: 17-6-5
    W/Out: 28-9-5

2018:
    With: 17-5-4
    W/Out: 25-5-4

2017:
    With: 15-5-4
    W/Out: 21-6-4

Thats like the ideal co-star, a versatile defender who can pick up the slack offensively in your absence and be an elite outlet option for you off the ball. I get that hes not an MVP type guy but guys like him dont exactly grow on trees. Theres an argument to be made that elite #2 options are harder to find than basic #1 options.

So having said all that, if the season were to end today, what All-NBA team does he make? I think hes been way better than Paul George/Jimmy Butler for example.

1st team are Bron and Giannis without a doubt

2nd Team is Kawhi and AD (unless they can come up with some positional trickery to get both on the first team)

3rd Team ?

Candidates this year are Jimmy Butler, PG13, Bam, Siakam, Tatum, Brown, Ingram and I think thats it. I would prolly lean Middleton and Jimmy or Tatum right now.

My colleagues would grill me for this but I give the credit to coach Bud. He got that Hawks squad without a true #1 to 66 regular season wins and a trip to the ECF.

Most title teams have a second guy that most people view as a capable #1 option. It usually takes at least 1, maybe 2, future HOFers just backing up your #1 option to win it all. Middleton I don’t think is viewed as a guy in that status and they definitely don’t have a third.

If MIL does win it all I think it’d actually be somewhat comparable to that outlier DET squad. Different in that they have THAT guy but from option #2 on down they’d really most resemble DET amongst recent champs.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Middleton at best is a second star...a co star when it comes to running a team. He isn't the 1st option and there is nothing wrong with that. I mean to think he also came from G League and made himself into an All Star, a 2 time All Star at that. Middleton could probably be a #1 option on a really bad team but on any good team he would always be the Robin to someone's Batman. In Milwaukee, Giannis is clearly Batman and Middleton is Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Middleton at best is a second star...a co star when it comes to running a team. He isn't the 1st option and there is nothing wrong with that. I mean to think he also came from G League and made himself into an All Star, a 2 time All Star at that. Middleton could probably be a #1 option on a really bad team but on any good team he would always be the Robin to someone's Batman. In Milwaukee, Giannis is clearly Batman and Middleton is Robin.

He played 3 total games for the Mad Ants. C'mon bro, you gotta be better than this.

I see him as a comparable player to Klay Thompson. Perfect skill set to play along side a true first option. But not a guy you want leading your team as a first option.

Have we undervalued Middleton/Bucks cast?

For me, I would say yes. I still thought they were good, but this is phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    My colleagues would grill me for this but I give the credit to coach Bud. He got that Hawks squad without a true #1 to 66 regular season wins and a trip to the ECF.
    You mean 60 wins

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    You mean 60 wins
    You're right, my bad. Idk why I thought 66. But the point still stands, I give the credit to the system Bud runs.

I thought they wouldn’t be as good without Brogdon but they really proved me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    You're right, my bad. Idk why I thought 66. But the point still stands, I give the credit to the system Bud runs.
    cuz 66 is demonic and you might be possessed. or u thought of brons Cavs winning 66

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I see him as a comparable player to Klay Thompson. Perfect skill set to play along side a true first option. But not a guy you want leading your team as a first option.
    Interesting comparison. I think Middleton is better on ball but I see it. Klay is a really interesting case bc I think in almost any other situation he would have developed a better on ball one on one game. He never really had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I thought they wouldn’t be as good without Brogdon but they really proved me wrong.
    Yeah I thought they would miss him too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    cuz 66 is demonic and you might be possessed. or u thought of brons Cavs winning 66
    I mean probably the 2nd one

Bucks can beat you in so many different ways and it accounts to having a stronger bench this year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast