Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What Kind of Heat are you Packing?

Since there isn't a gun forum on PSD I figured I would get some gun discussion going in here. So like the title asks, if you have a CCW or are in a state that allows you to with out a permit, what kind of gun do you carry?

If i keep one on my hip its usually my little Ruger LC9s. its a really nice compact gun. 9mm magazine has 7 capacity. smooth trigger pull just the perfect little concealed carry.

If I am just going to keep one in the car on a long trip then I have been carrying my Sig Sauer SP2022 40 S&W.

About 10 years ago I had bought a Glock 30 45ACP and I wasn't happy with it and it just kind of sat around the house. I decided last year I wanted to try trading it off. I found a little shop near me and went in and talked to the guy and he had this Sig Sauer sitting there. We got to chatting back and forth and he was interested in my Glock and so after trying a few other guns the Sig was just amazing fit in my hand wonderfully, was still pretty light weight for being a full sized gun. its a M&P style pistol, has an accessory rail, its a single/double action, it has a decocking switch on it which was kind of neat that you could push down on the switch to lower the hammer instead of having to pull the trigger with your thumb on the hammer. Anyway I pretty much fell in love with it and I got it for my Glock 30 +25 bucks which was an amazing deal.

So what do you guys keep with you?

10.5"

*6.5" when flaccid though

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    10.5"

*6.5" when flaccid though
    I’m packing a 16 inch smoked kielbasa sausage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Ate some tacos I'm packing some serious heat

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Why, on earth, does anyone but an on duty police officer even need to carry a gun?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Why, on earth, does anyone but an on duty police officer even need to carry a gun?
    Business takes us into neighborhoods were there is slow or no LE response or we are far from LE and we don't want to be robbed or worse, this is why the law allows us to apply for and get a concealed carry permit. Put the weapon in the safe in the trunk when you go in some buildings (FED, LE).
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

I own an AR-15 and an M1 Garand. Obviously, they are not concealed carry weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I own an AR-15 and an M1 Garand. Obviously, they are not concealed carry weapons.
    not a big fan of AR15s but do love the Garand.

a few years back a guy that my dad worked with let me shoot his. It was the same one the guys dad carried in WW2. Amazing gun

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Business takes us into neighborhoods were there is slow or no LE response or we are far from LE and we don't want to be robbed or worse, this is why the law allows us to apply for and get a concealed carry permit. Put the weapon in the safe in the trunk when you go in some buildings (FED, LE).
    For this reason exactly. I live in a small little town with no LEO. The county sheriffs office is a 20 minute regular drive so if there is an emergency you figure a 10 minute response time. Being a small rural town we have a problem with meth heads.

And if you want the generic NRA nut(I am not a NRA member nor do I agree with what they do) Response, its my 2nd amendment right.

What Kind of Heat are you Packing?
    hot water bottle. I can pack it along as it doesn't leak.
    I have a heating pad, but I can't pack that because it takes electricity to be hot.

why would anyone ask this question. no chance that criminals with their guns and an intention to use those guns to get what they want including shooting people are going to be interested in not having their guns. other legal gun owners are going to want their gun for their protection, which has happened numerous times.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Since there isn't a gun forum on PSD I figured I would get some gun discussion going in here. So like the title asks, if you have a CCW or are in a state that allows you to with out a permit, what kind of gun do you carry?

If i keep one on my hip its usually my little Ruger LC9s. its a really nice compact gun. 9mm magazine has 7 capacity. smooth trigger pull just the perfect little concealed carry.

If I am just going to keep one in the car on a long trip then I have been carrying my Sig Sauer SP2022 40 S&W.

About 10 years ago I had bought a Glock 30 45ACP and I wasn't happy with it and it just kind of sat around the house. I decided last year I wanted to try trading it off. I found a little shop near me and went in and talked to the guy and he had this Sig Sauer sitting there. We got to chatting back and forth and he was interested in my Glock and so after trying a few other guns the Sig was just amazing fit in my hand wonderfully, was still pretty light weight for being a full sized gun. its a M&P style pistol, has an accessory rail, its a single/double action, it has a decocking switch on it which was kind of neat that you could push down on the switch to lower the hammer instead of having to pull the trigger with your thumb on the hammer. Anyway I pretty much fell in love with it and I got it for my Glock 30 +25 bucks which was an amazing deal.

So what do you guys keep with you?
    I own firearms but I don't usually take them out in public. I do have a baseball bat and a nightstick in my car and I will carry a knife but I almost always keep the guns at home.

And if you want the generic NRA nut(I am not a NRA member nor do I agree with what they do) Response, its my 2nd amendment right.
    There is nothing 'nutty' about that response, it's simply a statement of the unvarnished truth. Nobody has to explain why they 'need' to express a particular opinion, or why they 'need' to demonstrate with a particular group. Why are some rights conditional on what other people think someone 'needs' but others aren't?

not a big fan of AR15s but do love the Garand.

a few years back a guy that my dad worked with let me shoot his. It was the same one the guys dad carried in WW2. Amazing gun
    An AR is extremely similar to my military issued rifle so it helps me stay sharp. I love the M1, though that thing is loud as hell to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    An AR is extremely similar to my military issued rifle so it helps me stay sharp. I love the M1, though that thing is loud as hell to shoot.
    those spent casings coming out of the Garand are extremely hot I found out the hard way lol

When we went shooting I got to shoot it then my dad did so I was watching how the casings were ejecting back and to the right so I figured ok I can stand back and to the left of my dad and I had my arms crossed. One stray spent casing shot back towards me and landed on one of my hands and I had a burn mark there for it seemed like forever.

those spent casings coming out of the Garand are extremely hot I found out the hard way lol

When we went shooting I got to shoot it then my dad did so I was watching how the casings were ejecting back and to the right so I figured ok I can stand back and to the left of my dad and I had my arms crossed. One stray spent casing shot back towards me and landed on one of my hands and I had a burn mark there for it seemed like forever.
    Yeah, they are pretty toasty. I shoot left handed so the casing guard on the AR occasionally sends them flying up to my face, but those spent casings aren't very hot so it's not as bad as if I were hit with one from the M1.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast