Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Draft

If we got Jrue Holiday and could somehow get Myles Turner too on top of it...I would love that. Think about this:

PG- Kemba
    SG- Jrue
    SF- Tatum
    PF- Jaylen
    C- Myles Turner

That would be a pretty good lineup

Trade

BOS Receives
    C M. Turner (IND)
    SG J. Holiday (NO)

IND Receives
    SF G. Hayward (BOS)
    G J. Hart (NO)
    C V. Poirier (BOS)
    BOS 1st round pick #30

NO Receives
    SG J. Lamb (IND)
    PG T. McConnell (IND)
    SF R. Langford (BOS)
    C R. Williams (BOS)
    BOS 1st round pick #14
    BOS 1st round pick #26

For Boston this is really easy. Hayward wants out and hasn’t had the best success/luck here…Time for a change of scenery for all involved. Hayward was a luxury and unreliable here. The fit with Tatum and Brown wasn’t great. So we bring in a solid big to fill a massive hole with Myles Turner. He can defend adequately, he can shoot from outside, he can run and most importantly has the size we desperately need. We also get Jrue Holiday who has become available. He provides excellent defense and an insurance policy should Kemba go down. He can score with anyone, but likely would be the 3-4th option here. A very good problem to have. Outside of Hayward we give up a couple promising young players that still need development in Langford and Williams as well as our entire draft class. But for a team ready to win now, this is a deal worth making.

Lineup
    PG – Walker (28)/Holiday(20)…Wannamaker/Edwards/Waters
    SG – Holiday (10)/Brown(10)/Smart (28)…Green
    SF – Brown (20)/Tatum (10)
    PF – Tatum (20)….Williams/Ojeleye
    C – Turner (25)/ Theis (23)….Fall

Looking at the lineup…We can cover the PG minutes completely with Kemba and Jrue. Wannamaker as a serviceable veteran off the bench/emergency. The wing minutes are mainly covered by Brown/Tatum/Holiday/Smart with a small role still open. We have a need to add another big unless Grant Williams can take a year 2 leap. Right now he’s in a similar spot Ojeleye has been in the past few years. Borderline good enough to play but inconsistent. Turner and Theis will handle the C position. We can add another veteran C for a backup role.

With this team we have 2 open roster spots and the Mid and Bi annual exceptions to fill an open wing position and C spot.

Indiana gets their hometown guy in Hayward. To facilitate this trade Hayward opts into his current contract for $34m. Which allows Indiana to resign him with bird rights the following season at a lower number. That is key because it will allow them to parlay that savings into a new Olidipo contract should this team gel. Indiana has a lot of quality big men so losing Turner to upgrade their wing position makes a lot of sense. This move also allows TJ Warren to slide to the bench and provide some scoring and defense on their second unit.

For New Orleans, this is a salary dump. They save about $8m for team already under the cap. This gives them great cap flexibility with a roster loaded with young talent that just needs to improve and continue to grow. With Ingram/Zion/Ball/Reddick penciled in as solid starters they should be able to compete while they grow. Adding Langford and Williams gives them 2 more young pieces to develop off their bench as well as 2 additional first round picks to continue their stockpiling of young talent. This team will be loaded with young players, picks and cap room to make a big splash when they are ready to make a jump forward.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Trade

BOS Receives
    C M. Turner (IND)
    SG J. Holiday (NO)

IND Receives
    SF G. Hayward (BOS)
    G J. Hart (NO)
    C V. Poirier (BOS)
    BOS 1st round pick #30

NO Receives
    SG J. Lamb (IND)
    PG T. McConnell (IND)
    SF R. Langford (BOS)
    C R. Williams (BOS)
    BOS 1st round pick #14
    BOS 1st round pick #26

For Boston this is really easy. Hayward wants out and hasn’t had the best success/luck here…Time for a change of scenery for all involved. Hayward was a luxury and unreliable here. The fit with Tatum and Brown wasn’t great. So we bring in a solid big to fill a massive hole with Myles Turner. He can defend adequately, he can shoot from outside, he can run and most importantly has the size we desperately need. We also get Jrue Holiday who has become available. He provides excellent defense and an insurance policy should Kemba go down. He can score with anyone, but likely would be the 3-4th option here. A very good problem to have. Outside of Hayward we give up a couple promising young players that still need development in Langford and Williams as well as our entire draft class. But for a team ready to win now, this is a deal worth making.

Lineup
    PG – Walker (28)/Holiday(20)…Wannamaker/Edwards/Waters
    SG – Holiday (10)/Brown(10)/Smart (28)…Green
    SF – Brown (20)/Tatum (10)
    PF – Tatum (20)….Williams/Ojeleye
    C – Turner (25)/ Theis (23)….Fall

Looking at the lineup…We can cover the PG minutes completely with Kemba and Jrue. Wannamaker as a serviceable veteran off the bench/emergency. The wing minutes are mainly covered by Brown/Tatum/Holiday/Smart with a small role still open. We have a need to add another big unless Grant Williams can take a year 2 leap. Right now he’s in a similar spot Ojeleye has been in the past few years. Borderline good enough to play but inconsistent. Turner and Theis will handle the C position. We can add another veteran C for a backup role.

With this team we have 2 open roster spots and the Mid and Bi annual exceptions to fill an open wing position and C spot.

Indiana gets their hometown guy in Hayward. To facilitate this trade Hayward opts into his current contract for $34m. Which allows Indiana to resign him with bird rights the following season at a lower number. That is key because it will allow them to parlay that savings into a new Olidipo contract should this team gel. Indiana has a lot of quality big men so losing Turner to upgrade their wing position makes a lot of sense. This move also allows TJ Warren to slide to the bench and provide some scoring and defense on their second unit.

For New Orleans, this is a salary dump. They save about $8m for team already under the cap. This gives them great cap flexibility with a roster loaded with young talent that just needs to improve and continue to grow. With Ingram/Zion/Ball/Reddick penciled in as solid starters they should be able to compete while they grow. Adding Langford and Williams gives them 2 more young pieces to develop off their bench as well as 2 additional first round picks to continue their stockpiling of young talent. This team will be loaded with young players, picks and cap room to make a big splash when they are ready to make a jump forward.
    I like this deal especially for us

I was thinking something like

Bos - Holiday and Turner

Indy - Hayward and Langford picks

NO - Olidipo Kanter Edwards(other filler) picks

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post

Bos - Holiday and Turner

Kanter is likely to opt out so if that's the case we wouldn't be able to trade him

City of Champions

Bos - Holiday and Turner

I think if Indy gets Hayward they'll likely try and keep Olidipo and compete. They were a much better team last year when they had Bagdanovic. With Heyward they can recreate a similar team...except I think even better.

It makes alot of sense too becuase Indy only wants to get rid of Olidipo if they're not competitive - they don't feel like he's worth paying in that scenario. But with Hayward in toe - they can likely convince him to stay.

And the numbers work out better too

Hayward - $34m
    Olidipo - $21m

Both will be Free Agents the following year...But they're on 2 different career tracks so you can flip those numbers and sign them both long term

Olidipo $35m
    Hayward $21m

I don't think NO would be looking to bring in another big salaried SG for Holiday - otherwise they would just keep Holiday. They're looking for draft picks and young players to keep building around their core. It's the Danny Ainge model. Collect young talent and picks.

So if they make the trade I proposed and their "big 3" of the future is Ingram/Zion/Ball...They have a ton of young guys with high upside our picks, their picks and the LA picks that they can package for a top 5-10 player to put next to their big 3.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I think if Indy gets Hayward they'll likely try and keep Olidipo and compete. They were a much better team last year when they had Bagdanovic. With Heyward they can recreate a similar team...except I think even better.

It makes alot of sense too becuase Indy only wants to get rid of Olidipo if they're not competitive - they don't feel like he's worth paying in that scenario. But with Hayward in toe - they can likely convince him to stay.

And the numbers work out better too

Hayward - $34m
    Olidipo - $21m

Both will be Free Agents the following year...But they're on 2 different career tracks so you can flip those numbers and sign them both long term

Olidipo $35m
    Hayward $21m

I don't think NO would be looking to bring in another big salaried SG for Holiday - otherwise they would just keep Holiday. They're looking for draft picks and young players to keep building around their core. It's the Danny Ainge model. Collect young talent and picks.

So if they make the trade I proposed and their "big 3" of the future is Ingram/Zion/Ball...They have a ton of young guys with high upside our picks, their picks and the LA picks that they can package for a top 5-10 player to put next to their big 3.
    Really this works out well for everyone

Using the scenario above I proposed. I would sign Marcus Morris back and try to get my hands on Serge Ibaka with out 2 exceptions.

PG - Walker (25)/ Smart (23)...Wannamaker/Edwards/Waters
    SG - Holiday (30)/ Brown (18)...Green
    SF - Brown (22)/ Tatum (12)/ Morris (14)
    PF - Tatim (18) / Morris (8)/ Turner (22)....Ojeleye/Williams
    C - Turner (13) / Theis (20)/ Ibaka (15).....Fall

Top 9 rotation
    Tatum - F - 30 mins
    Kemba - G - 25 mins
    Holiday - G - 30 mins
    Brown - G - 30 mins
    Turner - C/F - 25 mins

Smart - G - 23 mins
    Morris - F - 22 mins
    Theis - C/F - 20 mins
    Ibaka - C/F - 15 mins
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 11-13-2020 at 02:21 PM.

City of Champions

I’ve heard that Indy wants to get rid of Oladipo also because he wasn’t good in the locker room after his injury felt like it wasn’t his team and Brogdon stepped up as a leader. Also was caught telling other players on other teams stuff like “I’ll play for y’all next” in front of his team mates.

I don’t see Ball being part of a “big 3” but a solid starter and role player. Big 3 of Dip/Zion/Ingram would be nice with Ball/Favors. All under 30 and would compete.....kinda like the Celtics! Lol

I’d love to get Ibaka as a back up for us. I don’t think we go for Morris tho, he seemed to be butting heads with some of the young guys(brown) I think the cancer on that team was Kyrie and Morris so no thanks.

Might as well go for Reddick too! Haha

I’ve heard that Indy wants to get rid of Oladipo also because he wasn’t good in the locker room after his injury felt like it wasn’t his team and Brogdon stepped up as a leader. Also was caught telling other players on other teams stuff like “I’ll play for y’all next” in front of his team mates.

I don’t see Ball being part of a “big 3” but a solid starter and role player. Big 3 of Dip/Zion/Ingram would be nice with Ball/Favors. All under 30 and would compete.....kinda like the Celtics! Lol

I’d love to get Ibaka as a back up for us. I don’t think we go for Morris tho, he seemed to be butting heads with some of the young guys(brown) I think the cancer on that team was Kyrie and Morris so no thanks.
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...YYql2KT4NXesbo

Of course thats what he’s going to say now lmao

Was it true or not idk....

I still think it would be a good move for the Pels tho, try to contend a bit and show the young guys Zion/Ingram they want to win. Not just be bottom feeders and have them walk away like AD

I know you crunched the numbers for your trade but does NO have the roster room to send out 2 players and take back 4-6?

Serge to the Celtics...I could see us doin that

I’d really like that

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast